Jump to content
Clubplanet Nightlife Community
Sign in to follow this  
SPYGIRL3

Reputations-----Good, Bad, & Changing

Recommended Posts

If someone has a reputation and then reforms themselves, do you think the the "bad" will over shadow the new changed person more than the good? Or even vice versa, someome having a rep for being a "goodie goodie"???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd think that it would be way easier for the "goodie-goodie" to change their reputation. They might be looked at in new light as simply, "spreading their wings" or loosening up.

It's tougher to lose the bad reputation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by cdeep

I'd think that it would be way easier for the "goodie-goodie" to change their reputation. They might be looked at in new light as simply, "spreading their wings" or loosening up.

It's tougher to lose the bad reputation.

THat's what I was thinking......:blank:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by cdeep

Why? Are you a "goodie goodie" or on the other end of that spectrum?

I party like a rock star, go out to have a good time, wreck some havoc every now and then, but usually know when to say when. I guess I am about 60 - 40.....:tongue: It all depends on the mood, time, and the place:D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by SPYGIRL2

If someone has a reputation and then reforms themselves, do you think the the "bad" will over shadow the new changed person more than the good? Or even vice versa, someome having a rep for being a "goodie goodie"???

I belive there are only two factors invovled there.

A) The sincerity of their reformation and actions

and

B) The level of open mindedness and acceptance of the people whom they associate with.

If somebody really does what they belive is best and are selfless about it, it's very difficult for onlookers to deny the person's benevolence.

(sorry, serious question; serious answer)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by SPYGIRL2

If someone has a reputation and then reforms themselves, do you think the the "bad" will over shadow the new changed person more than the good? Or even vice versa, someome having a rep for being a "goodie goodie"???

I believe in the power to re-identify yourself as a person......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Reputation? You mean as in High School? Or as in Professional Reputation in the business community?

I am assuming you mean the former. As time passes, it won't matter if you were a "goodie-goodie" or "on the other end of the spectrum". IMHO, as we mature, we depend less on others for validation, and define ourselves less by Other People's Standards. Integrity comes from within, by living up to your own standards. Besides, look around at society as a whole. Their standards are way too low! I would rather set my own criteria, and I can acheive MUCH more when I tune out what I "should be doing".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One thing I hate about the whole reputation thing is that it can be given out unfairly and be misguided. After all, its just another gossip piece to be spread around.

I've known girls that have reputations as flirts or sluts and the truth of the matter is that they are the complete opposite and vice versa.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by djjonstephen

One thing I hate about the whole reputation thing is that it can be given out unfairly and be misguided. After all, its just another gossip piece to be spread around.

I've known girls that have reputations as flirts or sluts and the truth of the matter is that they are the complete opposite and vice versa.

I so hear you on that. I hate reputations as they don't really reflect the person itself only the way the person is seen by other people. And a lot of how a person views another one is by assigning different meanings (from their own experience/history) to certain stimula/situations.

So, if someone is outgoing, happy and friendly...some people immediately associate "flirty" and other things with it. Which all in all...is just sooo much bs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by wannabeclubchk

Reputation? You mean as in High School? Or as in Professional Reputation in the business community?

I am assuming you mean the former. As time passes, it won't matter if you were a "goodie-goodie" or "on the other end of the spectrum". IMHO, as we mature, we depend less on others for validation, and define ourselves less by Other People's Standards. Integrity comes from within, by living up to your own standards. Besides, look around at society as a whole. Their standards are way too low! I would rather set my own criteria, and I can acheive MUCH more when I tune out what I "should be doing".

Not high school and not professional, just as a general everyday thing.

I;d like to think that but, I don't think all people reach that level...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by djjonstephen

One thing I hate about the whole reputation thing is that it can be given out unfairly and be misguided. After all, its just another gossip piece to be spread around.

I've known girls that have reputations as flirts or sluts and the truth of the matter is that they are the complete opposite and vice versa.

Very true valid point. It is like gossip and hearsay.... But say it's true, or used to be true and that person as reformed themsaelf and made a new stake in life, how do they dispute that???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
:bounce: If they reform themselves then if they want to keep the change enough then they're gonna force themselves not to change back ...my friend is doin that now..he changed for the better and he's all worried he's gonna have bad tendencies now but he wants to be a better person so he's gonna watch how he acts now....and yes i saw the movie gossip

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by destiny779

:bounce: If they reform themselves then if they want to keep the change enough then they're gonna force themselves not to change back ...my friend is doin that now..he changed for the better and he's all worried he's gonna have bad tendencies now but he wants to be a better person so he's gonna watch how he acts now....and yes i saw the movie gossip

You know he's changing for the better and he's doing it to make himself a happier person, but does he still have to deal with his "past" so to speak? Or are people willing to let by gones be by gones?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
:bounce: He's still dealing with some inner demons if you want to put it like that but other people are still having the idea that he is still the same person...they believe and always will believe his original reputation...and its really bad ..they wont drop it and people dont know how to mind theyre own business and they talk trash

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by destiny779

:bounce: He's still dealing with some inner demons if you want to put it like that but other people are still having the idea that he is still the same person...they believe and always will believe his original reputation...and its really bad ..they wont drop it and people dont know how to mind theyre own business and they talk trash

Sticky sitituatiion either way....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by SPYGIRL2

I like some trouble and fun every now and then, but I also like to be mellow and chill.

Good company can be hard to find:D

I prefer a 50/50 Spygirl combo...chilling and partying ;)....

Good company is closer than you think :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

×