Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Serious Topic: Sex heads, I need opinions for a paper I have due...

highmay

I'm in the process of writing a paper for my moral philosophy class and I need opinions from you sex heads, preferably the females.

This might seem very personal, and I apologize in advance, so you need not reply.

Have you ever felt that consensual sex in a committed relationship was harmful to you?

Also, do you personally think that there is such a thing as harmful consensual sex? If so, for what reasons might they be?

And last, if you do believe in harmful consensual sex, how would you guard against it?

I am in the midst of writing a counterargument to a point made by Robin West, who is a feminist and professor at Georgetown Law and wrote the article about the harms of consensual sex.

All of your feedback is much appreciated. Thanks again and keep fucking. :)

no. . . .

I dont think there's such a thing as harmful consensual sex in a commited relationship. . .i mean, if its consensual. . .how can it possibly be harmful?

::not like its one sided or anything. . .::

~wrecking brain trying to find a reason how it could be. . .help me out here~

this question kinda freaked me out. . .maybe i have to read the article to actually understand where this woman is coming from :confused:

Well, according to West, there are definitely harms...

for example, a woman would have consensual sex with their partner in order to, say, possibly avoid rape, maintain an accustomed lifestyle with that partner, or (especially with teenagers and young adults) to avoid an argument should she refuse, not hurt her partner's pride, or because of peer expectations...

she feels there are many reasons, and her solution is through a series of legal feminist theories which I'm not going to get into...her solution is what I'm arguing against...

does this help out??

Highmay...

I feel that just because a person in in a committed relationship and the sex is consensual, this doesn't mean that the relationship is a healthy one. A relationship (especially a sexual one) can be harmful attimes if a person is in it for the wrong reason.

just my 2 cents

Originally posted by highmay

for example, a woman would have consensual sex with their partner in order to, say, possibly avoid rape, maintain an accustomed lifestyle with that partner, or (especially with teenagers and young adults) to avoid an argument should she refuse, not hurt her partner's pride, or because of peer expectations...

well. . .to me. . .the way that sounded. . .it doesn’t seem very "consensual" at all ::looking into the word that is::. . .

she says yes ::or consents:: only to prevent certain circumstances from ruining her life or disturbing the natural flow of her relationship??? Its more like a fatal error in judgment than "agreeing (in the same mind frame of her partner)" to get it on.

I dunno. . .way over my head already

:hat: