Clubplanet Nightlife Community

105.1 goes hip hop & r&b...so much for

since when did 105.1 play 'club' music anyway? well actually their late night weekend programs have some pretty good deep/disco/soul house, mixed decently... but most of the time it's a soul station with a lil bit of funk or disco and modern r&b... not that this is a bad thing, though as i've heard plenty of sick songs during the day on that station. it's the only station i really listen to these days...

but as for a 'real' club music station... there's only one solution to this corporate (club music is risky for the radio biz) manifested drought... pirate radio!!!!! get ur 50 watt amps and transmitter setups now! ;P

Originally posted by phuturephunk

. . . last year, up until about August or so, all they played was old funk, soul and disco . . lots of good stuff . . . Then they transitioned to RnB . . and now this . . . <sigh> . . .

What a shame.I enjoyed that music,some of the songs they played remind me of Soul Train.LOL!!! Yes I was a up and coming Queen who loved to dance.

wtf!!! i just came back from outta state an i go to turn on the radio to listen to some ol skool r&b an then i hear nas on there im like what station is this?!?! so i double check to see its 105 an was like when did all this happen...sigh another station follows the rest of the flock.... an i liked that station a lot i should have known tho oh well i won t be listenin to the radio for a while anyway hello mp3 s

this is some of the worst news to hit NYC radio in a long time.

in a city with countless other statins to hear hip hop, they have to take the one original station (and the only one that plays songs that are not, and never were top 40) and turn it into another hip hop one???

at least they are still palying music the whole day, and dont have stupid talk show hosts on for hours at a time

Originally posted by starcapone

My mother and I are pissed!! Why did they change it to begin with?? :(

They changed it to compete with hot 97. There whole slogan is that hot 97 plays to many commercials and that they play 10,000 songs in a row uninterrupted. They are trying to get everyone to change over. They play the same shit as hot 97 and neither one knows what good hip hop is....

Originally posted by breaksny

Whan was 105 a dance station to begin with? :confused:

. . 2000 into late 2001 it was all Old skool 70's Funk and Soul, and a smathering of Disco . . . I learned so much from that station about the origins of funk driven music . .

. . Felix Hernandez's show on Saturday mornings and Sunday nights was a joy . . he would introduce the audience to all the old forgotten songs that made up so much of the foundation of beats as we know it . . . From listening to his show, and that station overall for a year straight, I heard the original throw of countless samples that are used in electronic today . . .

. . simply amazing . . . It was the only station in New York that was really worth listening to if you wanted to learn about music . . now . . . well . . . we have Hip Hop . . if you can call it that . . .