Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Metro Fridays Suck Dick

Originally posted by notallthere

I ventured away from joeys to metro and boy what a fucking mistake. The place was 90 percent guys and the music was mostly from like 2 years ago. Got the hell out of there by like 1230. Just wanted to vent

I was there and I have to disagree with you on this one. It didnt start picking up until 1230 or so. There were alot of girls there, but they were mostly under 21. I have to say it was about 60/40 guys to girls. I thought the music was good. Are you sure you were at Metro? Joeys is also good on Fridays. There are two different atmospheres at each club.

PS. Thanks George for everything. Did you listen to that CD yet? What did you think about it?

Nice to meet you brian, place picked up around 12:30-1 which is later than usual.

George, the booze were just nuts, Mojo was destroyed and my roomate passed out on the way home... very rare form for them.

Thanks, Ill have the new double CD for you this weekend.

Notallthere, don't come back, stay at Joeys next time...

Originally posted by thesandman

Nice to meet you brian, place picked up around 12:30-1 which is later than usual.

George, the booze were just nuts, Mojo was destroyed and my roomate passed out on the way home... very rare form for them.

Nice to meet you too. You giving him a copy of JPs CD? I told him I would make him a copy. If you are, let me know. I wont make a copy.

Dont come back ? uhmm whaaa? :blown:

I ventured away from joeys to metro and boy what a fucking mistake. The place was 90 percent guys and the music was mostly from like 2 years ago. Got the hell out of there by like 1230. Just wanted to vent

This post is such a joke...... Metro Fridays suck dick???? and yet you stayed till 12:30 and have been there ONCE....mind u the club closes @ 3...and rydel doesn't start putting out his good shit until 1..... get a fucking clue.

I love how people can judge a place when they leave before the peak of the club.

Music mostly from 2 years ago.......???? The oldest song he played all night that i remember was trippin....andrea brown?

(what songs did you hear 2 years old?)

stay till 3 next time and then post about it....

Originally posted by djdanfury

This post is such a joke...... Metro Fridays suck dick???? and yet you stayed till 12:30 and have been there ONCE....mind u the club closes @ 3...and rydel doesn't start putting out his good shit until 1..... get a fucking clue.

I love how people can judge a place when they leave before the peak of the club.

Music mostly from 2 years ago.......???? The oldest song he played all night that i remember was trippin....andrea brown?

Maybe i will try again.

Originally posted by djdanfury

last time I went to Metro I actually was loving Richie's set until about 1..........he got way too trancy........I guess that's just a personal preference though.:D

Maybe i will try again. [/QUOTe

I definetly think you should try again, but this time make sure you actually go to metro, judging by your post you were not there or should i say not all there.:laugh: :laugh: and Richie has just been tearing the place up: week in and week out.

Nice try, "not all there". Were you really there at all? I am not even kidding. First of all. "old Music?!" Richie Rydell is probably the ONLY dj in jersey who can get away with playing so much new music, only cause the crowd at metro on fridays are really into music, and get really into it.Walk in on any givin friday and you will see and feel more energy then you have in any other club around. It has to do with the crowd that comes there and the music richie plays.As far as girls. This goes without saying, i have never seen more girls in a club than at metro. And thats all the time. THERE IS ALWAYS TONS OF GIRLS at metro,ALWAYS! Ask around.Come see for your self.And as far as 18 year old girls, have you ever noticed that you never , ever, see us advertise girls 18 on friday night? THATS CAUSE WE DO NOT ADVERTISE IT, and we charge 18 year old year old girls a rediculious amount of money to get in cause we really do it as a convience for them,believe it or not, out of our normal 800-1000 people that come to metro each and every friday, we only average between 30 - 50 18yr old girls.....thats it! Our thursday night collage night, is packed with young girls i would say almost half of them are 18, ....ITS A COLLAGE NIGHT.So maybe you should come and really try out metro, i know you would really like it.Come say hello if you do, i work at the bar by the dj booth.

As far as the "fog machine"......it is not a fog machine, it is LIQUID BLAST, which is a liquid nitrogin machine which shoots out ice cold air onto the dance floor, the whole point of it is to fill up the room so you feel like you are in a nother world....it really fucke with your head.Remember, its the same one that TWILO had?.....did you ever go there?

Originally posted by ml2k1

Nice try, "not all there". Were you really there at all? I am not even kidding. First of all. "old Music?!" Richie Rydell is probably the ONLY dj in jersey who can get away with playing so much new music, only cause the crowd at metro on fridays are really into music, and get really into it.Walk in on any givin friday and you will see and feel more energy then you have in any other club around. It has to do with the crowd that comes there and the music richie plays.As far as girls. This goes without saying, i have never seen more girls in a club than at metro. And thats all the time. THERE IS ALWAYS TONS OF GIRLS at metro,ALWAYS! Ask around.Come see for your self.And as far as 18 year old girls, have you ever noticed that you never , ever, see us advertise girls 18 on friday night? THATS CAUSE WE DO NOT ADVERTISE IT, and we charge 18 year old year old girls a rediculious amount of money to get in cause we really do it as a convience for them,believe it or not, out of our normal 800-1000 people that come to metro each and every friday, we only average between 30 - 50 18yr old girls.....thats it! Our thursday night collage night, is packed with young girls i would say almost half of them are 18, ....ITS A COLLAGE NIGHT.So maybe you should come and really try out metro, i know you would really like it.Come say hello if you do, i work at the bar by the dj booth.

As far as the "fog machine"......it is not a fog machine, it is LIQUID BLAST, which is a liquid nitrogin machine which shoots out ice cold air onto the dance floor, the whole point of it is to fill up the room so you feel like you are in a nother world....it really fucke with your head.Remember, its the same one that TWILO had?.....did you ever go there?

Ha give me a break I have been to twilo about 40+ times the fog machine they had was in a larger space and you could still see.

Just because I didn't have a god time and I thought metro sucked dick makes me crazy?I am even going to try again this Friday djdanfury convinced me to give it another shot. I love joeys Thursdays but when people say bad shit about it I don't flip out on them everyone has a rite to an opinion.

Originally posted by ml2k1

You tell him how it is George.:) :) :)

Notallthere, you should give it another try. It is alot better than Joeys Thursdays.

Just a question about Saturdays....What's the cover for this Sat. w/o a vip card? I'm bringing two friends w/o vip cards, so just curious on that note. George, you tending bar that night? If so, be kind, I think i have to drive.

Notallthere I'm going to half to disagree with you about Metro and Rydell on fridays! Rydell is a great dj and though I have not been there since jan, I was there alot this past winter and most times it has been packed with girls and Rydell is always throwing down hard beats. You should try to stay pass 12:30 next time because thats when shit starts gettin good!

I do wish they would have more pool parts too.

Originally posted by tempkid

Notallthere I'm going to half to disagree with you about Metro and Rydell on fridays! Rydell is a great dj and though I have not been there since jan, I was there alot this past winter and most times it has been packed with girls and Rydell is always throwing down hard beats. You should try to stay pass 12:30 next time because thats when shit starts gettin good!

I do wish they would have more pool parts too.

No i trust you man i think another reason i wasent feeling it was becuase the people i went with where not too into it.

All you guys cant be wrong ill try again.

Hey George,

You know what I've noticed, most of the people on this board never have anything good to say. Its almost always negative for the most part. Look at the title of this thread for example. It could have been I wasnt feeling metro, or metro wasnt for me, but No people want to start drama. It seems as though Notallthere has retracted his statements for the most part and is willing to try Metro again, but the people that dont read all the post underneath just see the thread title and first post and they think lets not go there i heard this shit about it.

For the few on this board that post positive things (ie, i had a great time at ______ or _______ was off the hook) (and you dont promote there) thank you for the positive comments.

Its good to tell people they are doing a good job trying to bring variety and various entertainment to the NJ Club Scene. From when I used to hang at Metro it was always a good time for me. Last time was New Years and It was re-fuckin-diculous. What a great time. I dont remember much after 7am. Thanks to George.

Hope to see you guys soon.

Kosta P.

Originally posted by kostaP

Hey George,

You know what I've noticed, most of the people on this board never have anything good to say. Its almost always negative for the most part. Look at the title of this thread for example. It could have been I wasnt feeling metro, or metro wasnt for me, but No people want to start drama. It seems as though Notallthere has retracted his statements for the most part and is willing to try Metro again, but the people that dont read all the post underneath just see the thread title and first post and they think lets not go there i heard this shit about it.

For the few on this board that post positive things (ie, i had a great time at ______ or _______ was off the hook) (and you dont promote there) thank you for the positive comments.

Its good to tell people they are doing a good job trying to bring variety and various entertainment to the NJ Club Scene. From when I used to hang at Metro it was always a good time for me. Last time was New Years and It was re-fuckin-diculous. What a great time. I dont remember much after 7am. Thanks to George.

Hope to see you guys soon.

Kosta P.

You can never have a bad time when George is there, its a guaranteed good time.

Kosta,

One of these days I will make it down to River Street. If it wasnt for the parking situiation, I would have already been down there.

Brian, when you park in Hoboken, just go as far away from Washington as possible, there are spots but you just have to walk a few blocks, I never pay those scumbags for in the parking joint, its not worth it.

I am a lazy fuck plus I dont think I would be able to find my car after leaving a place. I tend to misplace my car when I park in the street in the city all the time.

Originally posted by BRIAN1500

I am a lazy fuck plus I dont think I would be able to find my car after leaving a place. I tend to misplace my car when I park in the street in the city all the time.

lol X10, I hate that shit in Hoboken. I may hit River St. this Fri. as a last minute thing...

Your crazy. It is only the best night anywhere around. Rydell is always playing new music. He bangs out new shit before most djs even get it(he runs a record store). Unlike some djs who depend on old shit to play a whole night. Girls there are alway hot and I like the young ones. You should check it out again.:rolleyes:

Aren't you the same TOOL that got dissed at JOEY's, ALLEGEDLY , by Sergio, and said you were never going back there either?

Hey FORREST, stick around a little while before making assumptions........RUN, NOTALLTHERE, RUN!!!!!!!:moon: :moon: