Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Afraid of dancing...

How many people on the board were afraid or embarrassed to dance on the floors in front of everyone? When did you grow out of it? Did you always like to dance and doin it never bothered you? I went to Life on saturday night...joey savino was spinnin...there were all these people on the periphery standing around...its such a waste when there is good music being played and no one has the balls to dance? I know not everyone wants or likes to dance, but why go to a club if your not going to let the music take over your motor skills.

i remember being too shy to dance...until i got some juice in me then it became easier each time where now i don't need anything...even dancing with girls i'm still kinda hesitant to do it cuz i get shy...but thats my story what's yours?

Eh, the crowd don't care... If you're THAT worried...go somewhere where the crowd isn't standing around like hardass movie critics.

And clubs aren't about music for everyone...for a lot of people it's just sorta like an overglorified bar. What can I say...club culture...you get all kinds.

it took me a while to loosen up cause i was like i look funny dancin an stuff so i would just be a wallflower at partys till a friend showed me some moves an the rest is history.... i can t get enough of dancin alone, in front of ppl whatever if the beat is good then im out there

Originally posted by klohe

just close your eyes, feel the musik, and dance like no one is watching...

I definitely agree with ya klohe... dance like no one is watching! I love to dance and I don't care what anyone else thinks of how I dance... if I'm having fun that's all that matters... some of my friends won't dance because they think they can't dance or they will look funny... I say just do it and have fun... :):D

Yeah! I agree with everyone who said to dance like nobody else is looking or cares. I used to be really shy about dancing but I got over it because heck, I'm paying for this so I might as well enjoy myself! And who cares how I look when dancing?? That's actually why I like going to clubs; you don't know every single person there; there's a feeling of anonymity (at least for me, I know you a lot of you CP-ers know each other) and less stigmatization.

:hat:

How to dance properly!

Hey, it's all about the music. U never should be worried about how u look, u should feel the bass going through your body and the beats moving threw your legs. U must feel the music in order to dance. And if your not feelin the music just do silly dances,for example the guido stomp. This keeps us amused for a while b/c we try to see who has the best guido impersonation. :laugh:

I know u CPers do this.

Originally posted by dancensmile

I definitely agree with ya klohe... dance like no one is watching! I love to dance and I don't care what anyone else thinks of how I dance... if I'm having fun that's all that matters... some of my friends won't dance because they think they can't dance or they will look funny... I say just do it and have fun... :):D

exactly, it is a release...not a competition--i admire the peeps with mad skills, but i just do what i feel and have fun...

Originally posted by suthrnbelle

exactly, it is a release...not a competition--i admire the peeps with mad skills, but i just do what i feel and have fun...

definitely agreeing with you on that one too :):D I may not be the greatest dancer but that's not gonna stop me from having my fun :):D

:bounce: Have you ever tried to dance while you were sober instead of sayin you only dance while you're drunk ?? You go to a club to have fun, to let go of all the stress you have...there's such an amazing feeling that goes through you while you're feelin the music and dancing...who cares what everyone is saying...enjoy it for yourself

Originally posted by bebby6919

Helen.. where are you for this post? Shes a natural born stripper... hehe as for me i dont care what people think.. when im fucked up i go crazy.. its great. :D

~~~im here!!!!

only my first time at a club i was shy....but i love dancing....its self expression u just dance to the music and dont care about how u look i mean look at quoth:tongue: mwaaz hun j/k i just do what the music tells me to do.....i've changed my dance style lately but its b/c i've been into diff music lately....so do ur thing....if someone comments on ur dancing tell them to get a life:D

Originally posted by sexxyh

~~~im here!!!!

only my first time at a club i was shy....but i love dancing....its self expression u just dance to the music and dont care about how u look i mean look at quoth:tongue: mwaaz hun j/k i just do what the music tells me to do.....i've changed my dance style lately but its b/c i've been into diff music lately....so do ur thing....if someone comments on ur dancing tell them to get a life:D

I took a pic of quoth dancing at roxy on fri.. he didnt know i was taking it tho.. hehe