Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Tunnel is now to become a banquet hall.........

:(

WTF!!!!!

I got this article out of the Times

Changes at the Tunnel

The Tunnel, a club at 220 12th ave (27th street), has a new name, Frame, and a new owner, Stuart Smith. He has turned the vast space into the head quarters for Allure Catering, owned by Philippe Feret, who also owns Brasserie Julien on the Upper East Side. The space can hold up to 1,000 people for a seated dinner.

Thats a shame

And the funny fuckin thing is....is that...ALLLLLLLLLLL YOU PEOPLE knowwwww that, if and when this restaurant shit opens you will definitely think about checking it out, just to see the inside of Tunnel once again.

Originally posted by tunnelbandit

Cool I'll look into that.

Too bad they do not have openings for toothless cage dancers.I'll see if I can pull a few strings and get you started.

Well I'm not so sure that would help me... I mean, I did get my wisdom teeth out but I still have full set of teeth... but I'm sure they have a few lavish bachelor parties there now and then :woah: just kidding

Originally posted by djjonstephen

I was talking about this today.......this is really upsetting

Whats next? Twilo to become an art studio?

true story....

when Twilo first closed Martha Stewart was looking into buying the space to use as a showroom for her products....

now THAT would have been something else...

Originally posted by quoth

And the funny fuckin thing is....is that...ALLLLLLLLLLL YOU PEOPLE knowwwww that, if and when this restaurant shit opens you will definitely think about checking it out, just to see the inside of Tunnel once again.

Bro....when I saw the subject of this post that is the first thing I thought. Can you imagine.....every time they have an event, random kids just walking in to the place to see what it looks like. I know I would.

Originally posted by mrblonde55

Bro....when I saw the subject of this post that is the first thing I thought. Can you imagine.....every time they have an event, random kids just walking in to the place to see what it looks like. I know I would.

yoooooooo thatd be such idea.....

when it opens we could have a huge clubnyc party there and rent out the tunnel

Originally posted by msoprano13

yoooooooo thatd be such idea.....

when it opens we could have a huge clubnyc party there and rent out the tunnel

I didnt even think of renting it out....just crashing the party of whoever did. But now that you mention it, renting the place and just having all the old school tunnel rats come chill would be quite an idea, espically if they get the place looking real nice. Could you imagine.....a tunnel reunion (black tie only), lol.

• 2 weeks later...

my question is...

who the fuck's gonna rent a 1000-seat banquet hall on the west side in the dirty fuckin' warehouse district?!?!?! moreover who's going to afford it? and even people/groups that can, won't - place has traces of drugs literally IN THE FLOORBOARDS.

some people have no clue.

Originally posted by mrblonde55

oh you better believe it! I kno imma be there opening day in a khole reliving the good 'ol days when i used to walk outta there at 6 am half naked, stumbling, blind, not feeling my legs,..... AWWWWWWW GOD I MISS THE TUNNEL!!!!!!!!! :cry: :cry: :cry:

R.I.P.