Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Bfs or Gfs that work in the club business

i was just curious if anyone else on here is involved in a relationship with someone working in the clubs...my boyfriend of over 2 years now, continues to work in the business, and ive found that that line of work brings with it its own issues..what do you guys think of all the drama, and pettiness and behind the scenes bs?

Originally posted by cpflex

No Drama just find a good guy in the industry and you will be fine, I have been in it for a long time, I hear this shit alot, it is not true, This industry to me is all about the money, not the DRAMA.

RIGHT!! When you find one that doesn't cheat, lie or fuck people over you let me know, good luck!! 99.9% of them are SUCM!!!!!! I speak from YEARS of watcing it.

:laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:

I worked in numourus clubs as a dj and emcee and it was very difficult to have a relationship. Well I should say, it was difficult for my girlfriend. The Ugly green monster would always show it's face.

I tried to bring my girlfriend to clubs to show that it's just a job, but that just caused more problems. It takes two very mature and understanding individuals to make that work.

Originally posted by clubbincutie

i was just curious if anyone else on here is involved in a relationship with someone working in the clubs...my boyfriend of over 2 years now, continues to work in the business, and ive found that that line of work brings with it its own issues..what do you guys think of all the drama, and pettiness and behind the scenes bs?

Depends on the club, the staff, if the staff is always sticking their noses in your buisness, it wont work, causes too much drama, never worked for me, though there were only 2 GF's in the 4yrs i've been in the biz, neither one worked, both for different reason's, its a shame too, considering how special she was, you never know how good they are til they are gone, ya know

Originally posted by kettleone4me

you never know how good they are til they are gone, ya know

Are you getting sentimental on me?

Here's my motto, don't know if you care:

If you love something, set it free. If it comes back, it was meant to be. If it doesn't, hunt it down and KILL it!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by sweetumzz

it actually does work with the right guy. there are issues in all of life, they are gonna happen whether your man/woman works in a club or not. but with the wrong person, i could imagine it would get ugly. good thing i was lucky...;)

I so agree, life is full of good days and bad days....You learn to roll with the punches and things work themselves out.....

Originally posted by kettleone4me

Depends on the club, the staff, if the staff is always sticking their noses in your buisness, it wont work, causes too much drama, never worked for me, though there were only 2 GF's in the 4yrs i've been in the biz, neither one worked, both for different reason's, its a shame too, considering how special she was, you never know how good they are til they are gone, ya know

both situations didnt end cause of the club biz. you know that.

Originally posted by johnnyblackroc

Are you getting sentimental on me?

Here's my motto, don't know if you care:

If you love something, set it free. If it comes back, it was meant to be. If it doesn't, hunt it down and KILL it!!!!!!!!!

your absolutely right JBR, and no i wasnt getting all mushy on you,

hey! i'm in the biz 2! hehehe... 11 years in the scene, 2 ex's, not too serious. dated one who was a dancer, that went out the window. last ex, very serious but she needed to grow up so we split like a popsicle on a hot summer day. and my current gf, couldn't be MORE happier! :D most of you have met her for those of u who already know me and u know she is alot of fun to hang around with at the club. am i babbling? i guess i am.

(begin the comebacks, replies and bashings...) :eek:

i agree with most of the stuff you guys posted...quest...you're absolutely right, it takes 2 mature people, as you can't have the jealousy stuff take over the relationship or any of that..maybe my prob is not so much with the club business, but the guys and girls that frequent the clubs that throw themselves at people without showing any respect for themselves or anyone else..i mean i used to act different in a club when i was single, but i NEVER behaved the way i see some of these people (girls and guys) behave..its disgusting..i dunno..cpflex, i believe i know you, carl right?

As some may know, i work in radio, so I am in a club working almost every weekend. I am going through some very rocky times with my gf of a year and a half, but it has nothing to do with me being in clubs all the time. At first that bothered her, but then she just got over it when she realised it was just a job. A friend of mine is dating a dancer, and it bothers the shit outta him, i told him he should just get out now cause its not gonna get any better if he cant get over it...

its all about how mature the people involved in the relationship are....

Bernie

Originally posted by berniec

its all about how mature the people involved in the relationship are....

i think that was my problem, i am just like a kid, lol, but its true......those relationships i mentioned earlier might not have ended because of the biz, but it did not help matters in either one,

I feel like Im am expert in this category!!! We worked in the same club 3 years and lived together. I have to say it was the best 3 years I've had. He was a manager and I bartended. To see him in his suits taking care the the "acts" while I was working was the best feeling someone could have then coming home together and talk about the nite was great. THEN WE LEFT WHERE WE WERE WORKING. He decided to be a bartender and worked somewhere else.....EVERYTHING WENT TO HELL FROM THERE......needless to say - IM SINGLE NOW!!

AT least we had SOME good times together. I wouldnt change those 3 years for anything......JB THANKS FOR THE GOOD TIMES AT ABYSS!!

Originally posted by latinaz

I feel like Im am expert in this category!!! We worked in the same club 3 years and lived together. I have to say it was the best 3 years I've had. He was a manager and I bartended. To see him in his suits taking care the the "acts" while I was working was the best feeling someone could have then coming home together and talk about the nite was great. THEN WE LEFT WHERE WE WERE WORKING. He decided to be a bartender and worked somewhere else.....EVERYTHING WENT TO HELL FROM THERE......needless to say - IM SINGLE NOW!!

AT least we had SOME good times together. I wouldnt change those 3 years for anything......JB THANKS FOR THE GOOD TIMES AT ABYSS!!

its nice to know there are other people who are/were in my shoes...i think it can be good as long as there's alot of understanding..i know on my part, i just want to support him cause its something he loves being involved in, but also want to be a part of it too, so i can share it with him, you know..

its nice to know there are other people who are/were in my shoes...i think it can be good as long as there's alot of understanding..i know on my part, i just want to support him cause its something he loves being involved in, but also want to be a part of it too, so i can share it with him, you know..

Understand what your saying and all I can say - as long as you both care about each other and understand there will be guys/girls who will try to ruin it for you it will be fine.

MUCH LUCK !!!