Clubplanet Nightlife Community

CANCUN 2002 Club Anthem(s)

Every year, there seems to be a new anthem that blows up from spring break: 2000 - zombie nation; 2001 - dance w/the devil (acapulco) - star69 - final chapter - derb (cancun).

i went to acapulco this year & i guess the big tracks out there were abigail's "you set me free" - la la land - hard to say i'm sorry - resurrection - and STILL dance w/the devil. If you went to cancun this year, do you know what the big club anthems were (@la boom for example)????

so far, i heard Goin Thru It was doing MAJOR damage out there. it's a great track, but I don't think it's "gimmick-y" enough to stick in the heads of your "typical corn" spring breaker... they ususally need something more "chanty" like Zombie Nation or something with a hook that can drill a hole in your head like Derb. agreed? any input?

dj hitman

i went this year and i didn;'t really notice anything being played that's dance music that could be considered an anthem except rapture i guess.... even johnny vicious dropped it. however hiphop wise, they all played ja rule's aint it funny remix, some stupid song about clapping your hands and jumping, and nelly's come ride with me.

maybe there were more but booze + more booze + hot girls = can't remmeber too well the music :D

Originally posted by massad

some stupid song about clapping your hands and jumping

:laugh: :laugh: They always have these songs.. they're ONLY popular in Cancun!!

Follow the leader, leader, leader, follow the leader

(We tried playing this song @ a party in college after spring break and people looked at us like we had 5 heads):D

that song is just plain wrong. another one that just WONT die over there is DJ Kool's "Let Me Clear My Throat." I've been going since 97 & they still jam that song religiously. depends on where you go too. "Follow the leader" is acceptable at Senor Frogs or a novelty B-A-R, but if you ever played that tune at La Boom, it would illicit a similar response your fellow partygoers had at the party. By the way, how fuggin great are those Pat O'Brian's Mardi Gras parties????? Sh:t that goes on in that place amazes me every year.

- hitman -

Originally posted by massad

mardi gras parties are pretty good except for the fact that it was a sausage party this year, and a big one too, but still it was good

Just about everywhere in Cancun is a suasage fest... it's awful. About 10 times as many guys go on spring break than girls... and honestly, why would girls go? They're just going to be raped on the dance floor by packs of meat head guys :rolleyes:

that's so weird... i've been like 4 times & only once has it been a sausage-fest. otherwise, honestly, it's been t&a everywhere! especially the last time i went... 4 to 1 CUTE chicks to guys. as for kylie's song being hot; i don't get it. it's ok. the song actually kinda drones on & on if you ask me, but it's a chick magnet to the dancefloor. has anyone heard the NEW kylie? pretty cool mixes of it.... roger sanchez has a dark housey one, and there are even 2 hardhouse mixes on Tripoli Trax! I'm listening to it right now.

any other big Cancun-a-riffic tracks? Any NY hard progressive tracks? I'm surprised no one has mentioned "Pressure", "Wide Anthem", Lasgo's "Something" or the Uhrmacher mix of "Trippin". speak up people.... i'm all ears.

- hitman

i've been there twice....i don't see why girls don't go....i don't see why there is such a double standard!?! we can go to party just as hard as u boys! LOL.....doesn't mean we have to boink every guy around...cause i know that is a big goal for the guys!;)

anyways....music.....they always play ja rule in cancun...he was there last year performing a lot.....derb was definitely last years song...i would wake up humming it!! ......and as for that follow the leader song~~>totally brought me back to senor frogs! LOL

i wish i went this year:(

I went to Acapulco this year too. Dance w/ the Devil was defiantely a hit there. They did that Devil show every single night I was there. Another song I heard every night was Heaven Is A Place On Earth. They played the Billy Jean remix a lot too. And Abigail was played a lot too. They dont play too much new music there. They played a bunch of old songs like Spente le Stelle and Sandstorm, stuff like that.

Ahhhh...Cancun always produces the latest :cheese:

I went back in '98, and the big hit of the week was that Vengaboys "We Like to Party" song, I woke up to it every freakin morning.

Also, that Cher "believe" song wasplayed a lot, along with Whitneys, "Its not right, but its ok".

Originally posted by cgm

I went back in '98, and the big hit of the week was that Vengaboys "We Like to Party" song, I woke up to it every freakin morning.

Also, that Cher "believe" song wasplayed a lot, along with Whitneys, "Its not right, but its ok".

cancun is the type of place you go ONCE during college and THAT'S IT. i never want to go back during a spring break.

i went in 98 or 99, don't remember, and the anthems were:

"hot spot" : foxy brown

"believe" : cher

"we like to party" : venga boys

"up and down" : venga boys

"nightmare" : brainbug

Originally posted by cgm

:laugh: I didn't go down to Cancun that year, but I remember my friends coming back and going CRAZY trying to find the Venga Boys CD... it was like they found the holy grail when they finally got their hands on it.

The Venga Boys were the BEST... for about 3 month.... :blank:

Originally posted by nyis4meatheads

:laugh: I didn't go down to Cancun that year, but I remember my friends coming back and going CRAZY trying to find the Venga Boys CD... it was like they found the holy grail when they finally got their hands on it.

The Venga Boys were the BEST... for about 3 month.... :blank:

They rocked the new Venga track "Stop and Go" at hotel oasis this SB a shitload. Its not as hot as We LIke to Party was, but not a bad hotel daytime "I don't give a fuck what is playing on the speakers as long as there are hot girls in bikinis walking around" type track.