Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest funkysoul
Originally posted by yoguy80

FUNKYSOUL, what did you expect man...

youre at EXIT. ooops...EXIT2!

:blown:

heheheheh oops exit2 ......:tongue:

Heh, and to think that once upon a time I considered myself a glowschtick warrior....I could really kick some ass with the nunchuka. Anyhow, yeah they're pretty lame out in clubs. If you're at a rave or something I can understand a little better, but there should be enough other distraction out at a club where you don't need glowsticks to go blowing yourself up.

However, at certain clubs it can be helpful to carry a pair of glowsticks on you for one reason only: Free drinks. Chances are, some dumb ass is going to walk up to you and ask you to blow them up (or whatever the terminology for that is around here), and you can say "totally if you buy me a drink afterwards". Usually, if they're asking for that, they're so fucked up that they don't know the difference and will agree. That way, you can maintain your buzz all night at some of the seedier establishments in the city for about 4 bucks.

Guest funkysoul
Originally posted by brickhouse

Heh, and to think that once upon a time I considered myself a glowschtick warrior....I could really kick some ass with the nunchuka. Anyhow, yeah they're pretty lame out in clubs. If you're at a rave or something I can understand a little better, but there should be enough other distraction out at a club where you don't need glowsticks to go blowing yourself up.

However, at certain clubs it can be helpful to carry a pair of glowsticks on you for one reason only: Free drinks. Chances are, some dumb ass is going to walk up to you and ask you to blow them up (or whatever the terminology for that is around here), and you can say "totally if you buy me a drink afterwards". Usually, if they're asking for that, they're so fucked up that they don't know the difference and will agree. That way, you can maintain your buzz all night at some of the seedier establishments in the city for about 4 bucks.

Oh damn thats so trOOooOO!

i think glowsticks totally suck. i was in the rave scene from when it started out here in 91 and since day 1 i have hated them. i think danny doesnt want glowsticks at vinyl cause the police think if kids are dancing and using glowsticks they are also using drugs. you can laugh at me but a friend who is a cop was told me that. vinyl has enough trouble staying opened. respect the man cause he is just trying to keep his party goign.

Originally posted by neena16

Glowsticks are for the tunnel....

TWILO TWILO TWILO...........With all the neon lighting and awesome sound, RIP TWILO

Tunnel too though........

Funny thing is about glowsticks that it does get pretty stupid to see some kid walking around pulling figure 8's and showing off thinking anyone gives a rats ass. But they are cool to watch when someone is decent at them and can actually dance around and make it look good........

But there are always a place and time for everything and sometimes glowsticks and strings just shouldn't be broken out......like in hallways and on a crowded dancefloor.

Guest funkysoul
Originally posted by djjonstephen

But there are always a place and time for everything and sometimes glowsticks and strings just shouldn't be broken out......like in hallways and on a crowded dancefloor.

just a simple.....werd!

anyone ever seen that dude with the full body lights. I remember being at exit awhile ago and this guy was just covered with them, even had a gun shooting lights too. But on the case about gs... yah they are annoying at times but every so often someone pulls out those high intense glowsticks that last for only like 5 minutes but are the brightest fucking things I have ever seen and it looks like fire is surrounding him or her when they are on strings. I dont mind those at all :eek:

Originally posted by raver_mania

Oh yeah...and his party is called "Be Yourself"!! hahahaha...what a contradiction!

No fun to watch?!?!...I guess you haven't seen a glowsticker in action then...if done properly, it adds nicely to dancing...

glowsticks, lights, complement dancing, not replace it. And who are you to tell me otherwise!! :D:D:D

If you can't liquid and dance at the same time, thats your problem, not mine!

:rolleyes:

Amen to that... glowsticks are really fun to watch, they do give energy and not everyone can do em so step off it takes skill bro!

Originally posted by l3ftonm3

anyone ever seen that dude with the full body lights. I remember being at exit awhile ago and this guy was just covered with them, even had a gun shooting lights too. But on the case about gs... yah they are annoying at times but every so often someone pulls out those high intense glowsticks that last for only like 5 minutes but are the brightest fucking things I have ever seen and it looks like fire is surrounding him or her when they are on strings. I dont mind those at all :eek:

that guy has been everywhere SF Exit Tunnel LI clubs Miami...he's all over the place;)

Originally posted by kaydup

Here is my ? your flyer says "raving is not a crime". How come using sticks is? How can you rave (and it not be a crime) without the sticks. You are trying to keep one thing from being a crime and making others a crime.:laugh: :laugh:

its not called raving... real term = liquid get it straight

Originally posted by bmw4jay

Serious dancers don't use glowsticks. No glowsticks in the circle is all I know. I mean...its not fun to watch, it doesnt create energy, and any joe-schmoe can do it! Like DT says, "This is not a rave!" Time to grow up kiddies..learn some serious steps :rolleyes:

ok now i happen to use glowstix when i go to clubs an i know many ppl that ain t got problems with that an who is to say that serious dancers dun use glowstix i happen to consider myself as 1. an when it comes to liquidin ppl can do it tho u have to practice which means not every1 can do it but thats not the point the point is if you enjoy dancin with them who are u to object and say that they aren t a serious dancer?(BTW I LIKE THE LITES THATS Y I DO IT)

Originally posted by tunnelbandit

I always thought that liquid was the thing ravers do with their hands.

Hmmmm now what's raving?

Raving is NOT a verb! :mad3:

at least not in this context anyways...glowsticks, lights, or not...it's JUST DANCING!!! :D

And as for my addition to this whole conversation...

A lot of people rag on stick'ers, or light'ers...whatever... I don't understand why people get so upset...? Not everybody use sticks and lights just to give themselves highs. I don't suppose people ever heard of the term "self expression"?

I see lots, LOTS of people who don't dance all that well at parties... should I bitch and whine about how their unskilled asses suck?

As for being hit, as much as there're unskilled stick'ers who hit people, so are there clutsy oblivious people running into everyone. I don't think I'm the only one who's had experiences with cigarette burns, spilt beer all over my clothes...etc...

why the hell do stickers always get all the blame?

And on that note, people have a responsibility to pay some attention as well. I've seen on SEVERAL occasions where a stringer or a sticker has his own space, doing his own thing...only to have some oblivious dumbass drug cabinet run into the sticks. If you're not smart enough to not DELIBERATELY walk into a GIANT GLOWING LASER BALL, then maybe you should stay home more often.

Moral of the story, folks...sticks are just like many other aspects of the club environment. They don't make up like 95% of the damn clubs, and it's not some kind of fucking epidemic...so if you're that offended, STAY HOME.

Originally posted by tunnelbandit

Yes but isn't dancing a verb.

Damn these ravers and their pants:D

I know...

I feel like smacking me some of those fat pants wearing photon wielding fuckers...

Oh wait...that'd be me... *SMACK*

Originally posted by djjonstephen

Since using glowsticks is another form of dancing and since glowsticks suck......I have come to one forgone conclusion:

DANCING SUCKS

yeah... people who dance should be all shot...:D

oh wait...that's me... :blown: