Clubplanet Nightlife Community

93.1 live broadcast survey

angel22

Unfortunately, there is way too many people that LOVE the Power 96 format. I'd say 93.1 should stop going the Power 96 way and try to "educate" their competition crowd. These people that listen to Power 96 , most of them don't know what they are missing by hitting real clubs with good music. It is also a $$$ issue. Why do you think people go to Iguana Cantina to hear and dance Power 96 music instead of going to Crobar or Opium Garden to sometimes listen to international talent like Dave Seaman or Roger Sanchez, it's because of $$$$. We complain and bitch about 93.1 because we know what club music is good and not, we've shown the best of the best lately during the WMC. The majority of the people don't know better and are super excited when they listen to a Darude or ATB tune on the radio.

I don't know if this made sense but I think it is like that. We are spoiled with the music because we've already tried and know the best.

just my .02 cents...

I have read many different post/threads about Party 93.1 I am going to try to suggest a couple of things which may help the station move towards a direction which everyone can agree on (I believe it is possible to do so.)

There is a way to captivate two audiences here.

1. the people who dont really know about the music

2. the people that do which is I am sure 95% of the people on this board

There are some songs on your station which you may relate to what I am saying with #'s 1 & 2.

Songs that you (93.1) play that appeal to this are:

- Perpetuous Dreamer - The Sound Of Goodbye (Original Radio Mix)

- 4 Clubbers - Children (Original Radio Mix)

I do not know how or where you (party 93.1) gets your music but..

Some suggestions that might help out alot.

Suggestions:

Playing music that will appeal to both #'s 1 & 2 above. Which is playing music that has a commercial sense to it but not to the point of being cheesy & is easy on the ears to everyone. Not saying to totally stop playing what you are know but a variety as well as retiring some old songs and adding new ones would be helpful.

Another suggestion, take note at Overseas Top Dance Charts and see what you think might appeal to both listeners as stated in #'s 1 & 2.

Some music that I believe will come across both listeners which have been commercially released and are available at every local record store, internet, ect.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oceanlab - Clear Blue Water (Available On Code Blue Records)

- Oceanlab - Clear Blue Water (Original Radio Mix)

- Oceanlab - Clear Blue Water (Ferry Corsten Radio Mix)

Liquid State feat Marcella Woods - Falling (Available On Perfecto Records)

- Liquid State feat Marcella Woods - Falling (Original Radio Mix)

Acension - For A Lifetime (Available On Xtravaganza Records)

- Acension - For A Lifetime (Oceanlab Radio Mix)

George Acosta - Emotions (Available On Ultra Records)

- George Acosta - Emotions (Original Radio Mix)

Lange feat Skye - Drifting Away (Available On VC Recordings)

- Lange feat Skye - Drifting Away (Original Radio Mix)

Rank 1 - Awakening (Available On ID&T Holland Records)

- Rank 1 - Awakening (Radio Edit)

4 Strings - Take Me Away (Into The Night) (Available On Liquid Holland Records)

- 4 Strings - Take Me Away (Into The Night) (Original Radio Mix)

Dj Tiesto - Urban Train (Available On VC Recordings)

- Dj Tiesto - Urban Train (Original Radio Mix)

Dj Tiesto - Urban Train (Available On DOS Or Die Germany Records)

- Dj Tiesto - Urban Train (Wippenberg Radio Mix)

Angel One - Everybody's Free (Available On Underline Germany Records)

- Angel One - Everybody's Free (Original Radio Mix)

Again, these above are all released and are available at any record store either online, best buy, ect.

It is possible to still have those names (Ian Van Dahl, Kosheen, & ect) without it being that commercial.

What to look out for:

Ian Van Dahl - Reason (Will Be Released On Nu-Life Records)

- Ian Van Dahl - Reason (Lange Radio Mix)

And of coarse the following Kosheen - Hungry & Face In A Crowd Singles which arent quite as commercial as Catch & Hide U.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, what I suggested doesnt only come across the trance genre. There are other songs for the house/dance/breaks genre that do appeal to that which are also definitly worth checking out.

So all in all, please take some time to take a listen to anything I listed above and see what you think would be good for your radio station. 93.1 is/was an amazing move for south florida's dance scene and there is a way to make it work for everyone.

If you have any thoughts or would like to contact me with your comments or anything else you can contact me at albertalbi@hotmail.com

I like the live broadcasts from Liquid, though Stryke's sets don't ALWAYS do it for me. Sometimes I think damn, I wish I was there, but others I think my god, what is this boring crap he keeps spinning? I also thought Sandra's set from the WMC was really disappointing. But anyway, I think the station needs to let some DJs on the turntables during more normal hours - why can't you do a 45 minute drive-time mix in the morning and evening, and a lunchtime mix? But not crummy mixes featuring all the stuff you usually play anyway......

And by the way, I must say that I *do* love that Perpetuous Dreamer track. LOL what can I say, I am a sucker for that kind of vocal.

I was going to say, even if they just paid attention to what is on the latest Ministry comps and such, it would be an improvement. I still cannot believe I haven't heard KOT - Finally hit 93.1 yet. They'll probably get around to playing that in another 2 years and attempt to pass it off as a new tune. Not that it's new NOW, but you know what I mean! And my god, what will it take to get BT - Mercury & Solace on the air? there is just so much stuff that they COULD be playing, and they'd have a nice variety of stuff going........but it doesn't seem like variety is something they want to shoot for!

kot - finally .. wow that would be so cool to hear that on the radio .. tenaglia mix has a radio edit right ?

wow - mindcircus .. another breathe of fresh air .. the gift , stealth.

starecase - faith .. amazing .. album forthcoming on hope.

stryke - heaven, all that remains .. maybe they should play some stuff off the album.

bt - mercury and solace

grace - skin on skin , not over yet

jan johnston - flesh , alligator waters

hybrid - if i survive , kid 2000

moby - bodyrock , southside , natural blues , the entire play album , we're all made of stars .

xpress 2 - lazy .. (currently destroying dancefloors worldwide)

If they want any suggestions they should ask the listener base.

Email is good communication.

DEEP DEEP DOWN IN MIAMI,

Ramon C.

there is so much out there, but u guys are putting the things that are old. it would be nice for you guys to listen around, Rcrespo knows his shit, a lot of the people in this board know their shit. u should try out different styles too.

i have never subscribed to an all dance music format station. i don't think on a 24-7 level it will ever work. if it were my station i would go with a more eclectic format. something more along the lines of WVUM or radio1. miami needs something like that. something that brings a new dish up to the table. there is just so much copycat crap on commercial radio currently. every station tends to sound exactly the same no matter what format they choose. oldies, top 40, dance, altrernative, rock whatever. every market in america has these generas to chose from, but from one city to the next they all sound the same due to the fact they are all owned by the same companies. shake it up a little. 93 is just run like a thousand other stations accross the country. 20 songs over and over all day long. i agree with everyone else saying that strykes show is the one and only thing they have going for them. keep that in the loop. i'd add: starting at 6pm friday evening and ending 6am monday morning all specialty "dance/ambient/house/prog/deep/whatever" shows with rotating guest dj's to fit genere specific segments that vary in length of show, but continue on from where the last left off. keep the saturday night timeslot and build around that. then starting 6am monday morning i'd switch to a "college" style format. with specialty shows sprinkled in the evening and/or latenight timeslots. just my opinion.

like james said, we cant have underground music playing 24/7, as much as we want it. if they have a nightly mix show, on weekdays, with some of our local dj's, that would be something to consider. even a morning, and lunchtime mix would be nice. the stryke set from liquid is usually on point on saturdays, and like sobeton said, the paul oakenfold presents mixes on sunday nights are absolutely amazing.

so in closing, keep the daytime format, (some new tracks would be nice though) with some possible morning and lunchtime mixes, and leave the nights and weekends for the underground music lovers...my 2 cents....:idea:

Due to the kharmic disaster that is currently my life, I have been unable to come on here and speak my mind with you kind people. I have missed so much the past few weeks and it really saddens me to see what I have come back home to. Its hard to live in a society that is driven by the mainstream, driven by the popular. It seems that now a days its not the quality of your product that matters; it matters only that 1) you have somone with enough money to promote it, and 2) you have a crowd thats stupid enough to buy it. In this case, our product is mainstream electronica (aka commercial trance to those of us in south florida), and the crowd thats stupid enough to buy into the product is us;"we the people". Over and over i see good ideas getting fistfulls of money thrown at them just so they can shut their mouth and give in. Bend over and take one for the team. This is exactly what happend with WTMI 93.1 not to long ago, and what is currently happening to any one that has the courage to stand up and yell at the top of their lungs "I want to hear good music!" There is truly something worth listening to.

I have fought kicking and screaming not to give in to this station and what they stands for, and through all thats happend these last few months they had convinced me that they were begining to move in the right direction. They where begining to get the idea. I thought it to be a little strange that they started playing good music on saturdays. I guess I was just naive and thought that people where begining to open their minds and let in a little more than "Hide you" and "Rapture". Dont get my wrong there is nothing wrong with the music they play on there, beleive it or not at one time I was crazy about hearing Sandstorm. Shit... I even download the video on my 56k. But, you people have the balls to try to tell me what I want to hear. you sell yourself as south florida's real dance channel and partake in the watering down and eventual distruction of what is of dance music. Your no different than those who howled and laughed at burning books over a nice camp fire. Your participating in the rape of something that has taken so long to peek its head out to a public of willing fanatics. but you couldent find a way to sell it. so you took it off the air.

-"...don't try to pigeonhole him as a techno DJ. He hates that. "Everyone does it for me," he remarks offhandedly. "Categorization can lead to elitism and closed-mindedness, i.e. 'I only listen to house!' or 'I only listen to trance,'" he complains. "How about, 'I listen to good music, regardless of genre'?"

Heres a big fuck you from those you tried to sell your product to and from those who you fucked over to sell it. You no longer have my vote or my business.

My $0.02

-Fat0ny.

"Due to the kharmic disaster that is currently my life, I have been unable to come on here and speak my mind with you kind people"

sorry to disturb you there jasonmarc. i havent been able to get online for the past few weeks.. and this was a subject that touched home for me. so i had to reply to it.