Clubplanet Nightlife Community

~My official Johnathan Peters Review@ Sneaky Petes~

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by o-jay®

By the way, JV has let his talents go to waste @ Roxy IMO. Anyone who heard him at the Tunnel knows this.

you couldnt' be more right..

i was *the* biggest vicious fan for years, and now have pretty much all but completely lost faith... its a damn shame whats happened w/ roxy.. guess thats how it goes somtimes though..

just think, if grant wasn't such an asshole we'd still be catching johnny at factory....

the anticipation i had for his next set there after he destoryed the place in august died a slow and painful death when the roxy party started

*sigh*

btw the way, thread's hilarious :laugh:

Originally posted by girly

Why don't you give a serious answer. I'm curious..:D

right now I am really feeling Sander Kleinenberg, and Steve Lawler. both of thier nubreed CD's are ridiculous I think sanders is nubreed 004 and lawler is nubreed 002 pick it up. :D

Originally posted by siceone

right now I am really feeling Sander Kleinenberg, and Steve Lawler. both of thier nubreed CD's are ridiculous I think sanders is nubreed 004 and lawler is nubreed 002 pick it up. :D

:cool::)

I will never go to factory EVER to hear this man spin, all you SF people that love him Stay there and may you never frequent the clubs I love (which shall remain nameless because you might just go to spite me.)

all you people who have been hating on SF and peters KEEP ON HATING!! maybe you will save some poor fuck the agony. Friends don't let friends listen to bad music.

One more thing, Stay topside SF people you really have no idea whats down here.

*yawn*.....how can anyone expect a DJ to be on point 24/7?

Hes not even my favorite, but you gotta give him props for hosting one of the longest running Saturday night parties in the city. He tries new things, any DJ would respect that.

Originally posted by PFloyd40

you couldnt' be more right..

i was *the* biggest vicious fan for years, and now have pretty much all but completely lost faith... its a damn shame whats happened w/ roxy.. guess thats how it goes somtimes though..

just think, if grant wasn't such an asshole we'd still be catching johnny at factory....

the anticipation i had for his next set there after he destoryed the place in august died a slow and painful death when the roxy party started

*sigh*

btw the way, thread's hilarious :laugh:

yup Bro.. Vicious definitely isnt as ridiculous as he was in SF and tunnel... Nothin we can do about it...

Seriously this SHIT MAD FUNNNYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYy:laugh: :laugh:

peace

jon!:)

its all about tom stephan in 2002. and i dunno why jp didnt put more of his own tracks on his album instead of trippin and those other tracks, his yanni track (i cant remember the name) and stop the dub are 2 fuckin intense tracks that should have been on there.

Originally posted by scoob-e

its all about tom stephan in 2002. and i dunno why jp didnt put more of his own tracks on his album instead of trippin and those other tracks, his yanni track (i cant remember the name) and stop the dub are 2 fuckin intense tracks that should have been on there.

are you talking about superchumboo ?

if you are ..

That guy is one of the most underrated dj he is fuckin KING ..

but he sticks to london and bedrock...

JP is horrible because the stuff he plays is horrible, and because he fills up 12 hours with what should take like 6 hours.

but, for a crowd tottaly Ked out, i guess it kind of fits the mood. i've been to factory sober, and the only reason i enjoyed myself was because i was with good people. but, the music blew i barely danced because the music just seemed so tiring.

i felt like soitting on a couch the whole time iw as there. after miami, NY's hard house sounds like such garbage. after listenning to the likes of Deep Dish, Carl Cox, PVD, and even guys like Tiesto. i wish i could figure out why the music that had to come out of NY (hard house) has to be sooo freakin bad!

detroit has techno, holland has trance, england... well i guess it has everything. why did ny have to get JP?? oh well.

Originally posted by breakbeatz2

....why did ny have to get JP?? oh well.

Why did CP have to get you?? :blown:..Clueless...listen to his mixing..the way he produces tracks like Luz and GTI?? Maybe not one of the greatest, but nowhere's near one of the worst DJs..:rolleyes:.

Originally posted by bmw4jay

Why did CP have to get you?? :blown:..Clueless...listen to his mixing..the way he produces tracks like Luz and GTI?? Maybe not one of the greatest, but nowhere's near one of the worst DJs..:rolleyes:.

lets not take this argument personally

the point is, its not about JP......its about SF culture, which unless you can identify with, you just dont understand

Ive heard JP trainwreck....but ive also heard him do some sick shit on three tables for extended amounts of time, use ridiculous effects to create wicked sounds on Factory's amazing system, and rip tracks to shreds

SF is not about the newest trance, progressive tracks on the market...SF is a circus, a place where you can go and feel at home, even with people you dont know...if you dont like drugs, you dont like the scene, thats fine.....but i can imagine that listening to JP at Sneaky Petes doesnt do him any justice....SF is his playground, and we are his fans

If you don't identify with SF culture, than you obviously wont like JP.....but he has a following just like PVD has a following, just like JV has a following, and any other big name DJ...and if you notice, for the most part you can make generalizations about their fans....chances are the shirtless guy with glasses on is a SFan.....the kid in sneakers and a tshirt goes to Vinyl...its not always true, but often......a DJ's style, the sound system, the vibe of the club....it all goes into a review of a DJ

i guess im rambling now.....but my point is you may not like JP...thats fine.....but the man has talent and I think it deserves to be acknowledged

BG

Originally posted by ibclubbin

the point is, its not about JP......its about SF culture, which unless you can identify with, you just dont understand

Ive heard JP trainwreck....but ive also heard him do some sick shit on three tables for extended amounts of time, use ridiculous effects to create wicked sounds on Factory's amazing system, and rip tracks to shreds

SF is not about the newest trance, progressive tracks on the market...SF is a circus, a place where you can go and feel at home, even with people you dont know...if you dont like drugs, you dont like the scene, thats fine.....but i can imagine that listening to JP at Sneaky Petes doesnt do him any justice....SF is his playground, and we are his fans

If you don't identify with SF culture, than you obviously wont like JP.....but he has a following just like PVD has a following, just like JV has a following, and any other big name DJ...and if you notice, for the most part you can make generalizations about their fans....chances are the shirtless guy with glasses on is a SFan.....the kid in sneakers and a tshirt goes to Vinyl...its not always true, but often......a DJ's style, the sound system, the vibe of the club....it all goes into a review of a DJ

i guess im rambling now.....but my point is you may not like JP...thats fine.....but the man has talent and I think it deserves to be acknowledged

BG

:D

BG

Probably the most intelligent point you've made on this Board.

but i can imagine that listening to JP at Sneaky Petes doesnt do him any justice....

If you don't identify with SF culture, than you obviously wont like JP.....

OK The point of this post is not Remotely to rag on SF people. Granted it rags on SF people that think JP is god because from what I head last night you guys have no Idea what you are talking about. I know people that don't like JP but love factory so whatever.. we won't even go there.

As for Identifying With SF culture.. Explain to me which elements of this culture you speak, I don't Identify with. The weight lifting? I do that. The Fashion... I love fashion. Getting drunk off my ass, Drugs whatever. I probably Identify with the SF Crowd more than you think. I don't hate juciers, I don't hate guidos, I don't hate asians, I don't hate glowgirls I don't hate anyone. This thread isn't directed toward factory culture at all it's directed to JP which Just so happens to be the source of factory music. IF JP was spinning at EXIT belive me we would be having the same conversation except we woud replace SF with EXIT. So it ain't about SF at all.

Sneaky petes system is GOOD and I know its good its a 20,000 watt system. It is Crisp and I have heard some sick sets on that system. So lets not blame it on the system. A trainwreck is a trainwreck on the phazon or on your walkman. I don't care who you are you gotta admit 20 mins is too long for a build up. IF you are spinning in a major NYC night club and off night shouldn't include trainwrecking at all I have heard DT have an off night but he didn't wreck anything I have heard vicious have off nights and he didn't trainwreck anything. So there goes that one too

For real don't bring EVERY SFhead into here cause Im sure alot of them don't even think JP is that Great. And I know for a fact that People who personify SF think peters is shit.

So in closing I will say once again that this thread is about peters the DJ and a maybe trickles over into SF because hes the REZ there...

Originally posted by breakbeatz2

detroit has techno, holland has trance, england... well i guess it has everything. why did ny have to get JP?? oh well.

Well, hang on. You're right, NY does have hardhouse. The cheesy synthy take your shirts off crap music. But that's only a SMALL part of what NY put out.

New York City is the home of Garage... and I don't mean that shit they play in the UK with jungly wobbly basslines. I"m talking about Garage house, a'la Paradise Garage. The deep, soulful and profound sounds that make you feel good about yourself and never let you down. Places like Shelter are where you want to be if you wish to hear what i'd consider the TRUE nyc sound. Any good NY-style dj will incorporate some garage into their sets, in my opinon. It brings out the flavor of the city and represents so much.

....So it ain't about SF at all.

Sneaky petes system is GOOD and I know its good its a 20,000 watt system. It is Crisp and I have heard some sick sets on that system. So lets not blame it on the system.

This is true, well-spoken, and I agree for the most part. However, JP knows that his true followers(family) are not anywheres near Sneaky Petes....they are @ SF on a Sunday afternoon around 1pm. Somehow or another I'm sure it affects his look on things. No excuses for trainwrecks (I guess, but I am not in his shoes). :blank:

So in closing I will say once again that this thread is about peters the DJ and a maybe trickles over into SF because hes the REZ there...

ok....understood, but its all about taste....personally Id rather hear JP spin a sick set,maybe slip a few beats than listen to JV loop Da fucking Booka for ten counts:rolleyes:

but thats just me....and im just a drama starting person who doesnt know anything right?:rolleyes:

BG

Oh god where do I start...

I got to the club and I was trying to keep an open mind about hearing him spin. Since I rip him apart constantly, I figured I might as well hear the man out before I feel like even more of a hypocrite.

I got through the door and I was surprised, he was laying down so good tribal some good progressive a lil on the hard techy side. I was like wow, Im gonna have to eat my fuckin shorts cause It looked like he was gonna do me in if he was starting off the night with tracks like safe from harm right? WRONG!!

how is sneaky petes as a club........ isnt it in albany? i heard it sucks.... but they get good djs right? weird..... is it good?

Originally posted by bmw4jay

However, JP knows that his true followers(family) are not anywheres near Sneaky Petes....they are @ SF on a Sunday afternoon around 1pm.

So cater to the crowd that loves you and destroy the ears of everyone else?. . .or is that not what you're trying to say? :confused::blown:

Originally posted by girly

Good review:idea:Now you can go to Roxy tonight and hear some real music:idea::D

ok sicone its cool you feel that way... wtf i dont care i am not JP

but Girly please say your jokin:laugh: :laugh: to say Roxy has real music... bwhahahahaha dont get me wrong i think JV is talented but wtf are you talkin about...thats all i have to that cause i am not about to battle who is better and who like who