Clubplanet Nightlife Community

So on a serious note...

i just got some bad news today :( it looks like my father isnt doin too well...he has been sick for a while and just found out his kidneys are failing from the insulin shots (hes diabetic for like 25 yrs) and his body is just breakin down...wow, that was a hell of a kick right in the nuts...i dunno what id do...:(

Sorry to hear that Jay.

My dad is pretty unhealthy himself. he has a bad liver, diabetes, and had two heart attacks last year. The sad thing is the fact that he is only 42.

I guess the stress of being a cop in Washington Heights for 20 years can get to you. :(

Werd jay, brotha man u know u can PM irish quoth any goddamn time to speak to alieviate yerself. Cause no bullshit, if anyone knows how lucky they are to still have a father alive its me. Since 1993 he has had brain surgery to remove an aneurysm(sp?) and install a titanium alloy clip inside of his head to make sure it doesnt come back, 4 herniated disks and spinal stinosis,2 heart attacks within 1 month apart both of which happened in front of me in my househould,kidney stones in both kidneys TWICE!! but sepearate times in which you must ACTUALLY PASS THE STONES BY PISSING THEM OUT, which are formed from calcium and actually eating lots of greens over time with yer diet, not to mention gallstones and his gallbladder removed, a quadruple bypass for his ailing heart and most recently, a pacemaker that shocks his heart back into rhythm literally. Luckily he just got back negative results for cancer which is very fortunate for a man who is 65. Hey funny thing is..is that my father never ever has drank in his life other then at weddings...as opposed to his son which i am not all that entirely proud of either but im young still. Anyhow...in no way am i tryin to brag or carry-on but more to extend out my condolances that it could be a lot worse and to just make peace and carry on every day as if it were to be the last.

Originally posted by legend38

I guess the stress of being a cop in Washington Heights for 20 years can get to you. :(

~~~washington heights???? like where i live??:confused:

on a diff note...im so sorry to hear that jay hun.....i dunno what i'd do if anything happened to my parents...i hope everything turns out ok :love:

Guest bellaragazza

I'm so sorry to hear that ..

Actually my ex boyfriends father was the same. He was diagnosed as a diabetic when he was 13 and was taking daily insulin shots until he was well into his 40's. Three years ago the same as your father his kidneys started to fail and within a few months he was dialises everyday. They looked frantically for a donor but couldn't seem to find a match. Finally, once everyone had basically lost hope they re-tested his family members and found that his brother was a perfect match for the transplant. Three months later they were in the operating room doing to transplant and miraculously not only did he get a kidney but also a pancreas which became available moments before the surgery began.

Now, he's living a wonderfully healtly life and he's no longer diabetic. Thanks to the double transplant which was a blessing he's living a perfectly healthly life.

so my point is.. just keep positive people have made it though this before...

best of luck :)

Sorry to hear about this. Hope all goes well xoxoxo:( I know how it is when a parent is real ill. Its hard my mom is recovering from breast cancer and its been the hardest thing. Just keep hope for everything.