Clubplanet Nightlife Community

SEX and the (search for affordable housing in the) CITY

saigray

Okay, so my dream housing situation (me, by myself in a huge one-bedroom, rent free!!) is coming to an abrupt end and so I have begun the sad search for afffordable housing in NYC. This means SHARES, and suddenly I'm faced with the difficult balancing act between financial constraints and my need for privacy. Have any of you guys dealt with this? How important is your sex life in your housing decision? How much sound proofing do you require to feel comfortable? I guess I'm just suprised at what a premium I place on the potential for friskyness in my housing situation.

I looked at one place were I would basically have a screened off section of the living room, while the dude had an open loft....I wanted to laugh. Can you straight up tell someone a place doesn't work cause you couldn't have sex there?

How have other people dealt with this? I remember in college, when we had literal roommates, people would be "sexiled", but I can't imagine doing that in the real world.

Or do you just throw up your hands and tell you flatmate to turn their stereo up?

i've done both the share in manhattan and the single living. because i had been dicked over and screwed outta money, never mind having psycho roommates, i got myself a 1BR last fall. although it takes a lil more toll on your budget, i wish i had done this before my last roommate situation. (um lets just say i had to take a girl to small claims court!!)

but to answer your question, of course you should take your sex life into consideration. when i was looking at shares, one of my equestions was if the other roommates were opposed to me having someone stay over occassionally ( i mean like once or twice a week, not a 3rrd roomie) when i did share an apt, the set up was great bc it was two floors. my room was downstairs and i had my own bathroom and she primarily stayed upstairs~! :D

Originally posted by saigray

I looked at one place were I would basically have a screened off section of the living room, while the dude had an open loft....I wanted to laugh

btw, did this place you mention above happened to be near the UN? sounds very familar.... :eek:

Originally posted by clubkat

ouch. . .i hope im never put in your position babe. . .i dont have any advice to give ya ::but the 1st thing that came to mind was tape and your mouth (if ya know what i mean):: :tongue:

Hmmm. Way to turn a bad situation into a font of creativity! I actually think I'll find something workable- that was a worst case scenario.

But even just sharing thin walls in a bummer. Maybe I'll just have to get in touch with my exhabitionist tendancies.

Hmmm. Way to turn a bad situation into a font of creativity! I actually think I'll find something workable- that was a worst case scenario.

But even just sharing thin walls in a bummer. Maybe I'll just have to get in touch with my exhabitionist tendancies.

ill help ya get "in touch" if youd like. . .:drunk:

tape kinda hurts when peeled off too so, you can always use the rubber ball strap ::think animal roastin in the oven with apple in its mouth:: :grin:

Same situation here, but as long as you have your own bedroom, the roommate is chill, and the walls aren't too thin, you really shouldn't have a problem. BTW, I'm still looking myself, so if you come across anything (looking $1300/mo and under) where you would need another roommate, PM me and maybe we can check out a place....

Originally posted by brickhouse

Same situation here, but as long as you have your own bedroom, the roommate is chill, and the walls aren't too thin, you really shouldn't have a problem. BTW, I'm still looking myself, so if you come across anything (looking $1300/mo and under) where you would need another roommate, PM me and maybe we can check out a place....

Wow, for that u should be able to find your own space- end of problem ;-) Unfortunately, I'm in a much tighter situation, but I think I might have found a perfect summer sublet with two awesome girls....now they just have to like me as much as I liked them. Though, I must admit, I'm not bringing up the sex topic til I sign the papers and move in!!

You can share my hotelroom, if you want.....and you know I'm in full respect, Sai.

Originally posted by dafunkadelic

You can share my hotelroom, if you want.....and you know I'm in full respect, Sai.

Thanks hun!! We should totally do a night of "raudy rock star hotel partying" while your here. It's all about roomservice and pay-per-view ;)

Thanks hun!! We should totally do a night of "raudy rock star hotel partying" while your here. It's all about roomservice and pay-per-view ;)

The room service at On the Ave. seems to be pretty fancy too...but you know I'm an openminded fella....always in for nice surprises ;) So let's throw the minibar out on the streets, and get arrested!!!!

Wow, for that u should be able to find your own space- end of problem ;-) Unfortunately, I'm in a much tighter situation, but I think I might have found a perfect summer sublet with two awesome girls....now they just have to like me as much as I liked them. Though, I must admit, I'm not bringing up the sex topic til I sign the papers and move in!!

You'd be surprised at how little 1300 buys you. More than can be bought in my price range... but still not that much.

Originally posted by dafunkadelic

The room service at On the Ave. seems to be pretty fancy too...but you know I'm an openminded fella....always in for nice surprises ;) So let's throw the minibar out on the streets, and get arrested!!!!

That's my boy!