~~*What is ur favorite NON-TECHNO group/band/artist of all times?*~~

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by romy20

I know alotta people don't like em, but I looovee Green Day hehe:D :D

Who gives if no one likes em, i fuckin love them! :D

A lot of you guys got some good taste... hmm, i def cant name all my favs. a big favorite are The Ramones, i grew up listening to the Stones, Clapton, al green... some stuff ive been listening to lately-

Jesus And Mary Chain

Psychedelic Furs (80s!)

Talking Heads

my man James brown!

The Strokes (my new best friends)

if i get into rap, id be here forever.. Gang Starr, Wu, and motha fuckinn Tribe Called Quest!!

I listen to al kinds of shit depending

on what mood I wake up in..

Everything from Miles Davis and Carlos Antonio Jobim (Jazz & BosaNova) to old Space rock (like Hawkwin and Can.)

OooooNCE IN A WHILE I go through old rock/early punk moods and dig up shit like The Velvet Underground, Iggy Pop, Ramones, The Pretenders, Blondie and the likes...

or feel very "AFRO FUNK LIKE" and kick off my day with a cup of coffee and old school Hip hop BEATZ (Black sheep, Tribe called Quest, Beasties, De la soul, Digable planets, Roots.. etc..)

Most of the time however I'd say that 95% of my

"NON TECHNO" time I'm listening to 80's stuff like Jesus and Mary Chain, Psychedelic Furs, My Bloody Valenties, New Order, DM,

The Cure, The Smiths etc....(Good call Bobross)

And then there are my ANGRY I HATE THE WORLD AND I'M MISUNDERSTOOD days when only the darkest teeth grinding Industrial will be my mysenthrotpic sympathy:

Skinny Puppy, Front 242, Clock DVA, early MINISTRY,

My life with the thrill kill kult, Front line assembly and the likes...

What can I say..

I'm a mugwump of many flavors.

SBJ on the other hand only listens to Disco and

House (she vomits at the concept of Diversity in music..)

Originally posted by girly

Led Zeppelin

Stone Temple Pilots

Red hot chili peppers

Mariah Carey ( don't laugh):D

A wide variety of others too

how could i forget RHCP?? i love anthony keidis (sp?)...so cool....lol and i love mariah too...best songs to sing along too

Originally posted by phatman

what he said (good picks on the songs too)...Queen came to mind instantly...i bust out their cds every once in a while...Freddy Mercury was incredible..sad day when he died...

If I remember correctly (and I may not),he died on my birthday- as did Larry Levan. Too bad, Queen was one of the only rock groups i ever liked. I just don't like the sound of guitars.

I realized last night at Vinyl that I have absolutely no clue what popular music is right now, so its hard to answer this question. All I know is house. Does anyone know what's on the radio, MTV, the charts? I'm sure its crap, but I'm clueless. Oh well.

how could i forget The Clash! ..new punk like The Bouncing Souls, Living End..

yo muug.. you got some sick taste man, i still gotta hear some of those groups. I've heard little from My Bloody Valentine, good stuff... you heard of the Stone Roses? I got a cd burned of them, theyre really good. I like a lot of that pschedelic rock from the 80s. and dephech mode, new order, erasure, all awsome... i havent heard much from the Smiths, but i heard some of Morrissey. heres more--

Nick Drake (reaaally good), The Replacements, Mr. Bob Marley, The Cars! , Guns n roses<< cmon, who forgot?

90's r&b/hip hop? - boyz 2 men..lol, SWV, Mary J (no not her new stuff.. but her album 'my life' was off the hook), Jodeci, ....uh.. shabba!

underground rap - Necro, Cage (u thought eminem says some sick shit..)

Anyone hear of the Beatles?? had to edit and ask....

Yea BOBR, I love the Stone Rosesa nd that entire era: "I wannaa be addooooored!"

early Verve

RIDE

Charlatans UK

Happy Mondays

Spiraling Carpets

early BLUR

PULP

Suede

and my ultimate lead into

electronic psychedelia:

PRIMAL SCREAM..

(Screamadelica is still one of my TOP TEN