Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Home Audio Systems...

go for bose..its not as expensive as the rest of the ones u listed but its superb. a couple of my friends have the 2000 series i believe...amazing..absolutely amazing. if u want ill see if my friends r willing to part with any extra ones they may have lying around.

I have a Denon AVR-3200 reciever with 5.1 channel custom speakers... (yeah, i'm an audiophile, what do you want...)

I have my computer outputting via optical to the reciever...

(I have like 40 gigs of mp3z or some shit...)

I have an Onkyo receiver, Sony CD changer and Acoustic Research Tower speakers.

The only thing I have ever had a problem with was the CD changer, but it has been thru hell and back.

I spent the most on the speakers (but got a good deal cause they were floor models)

Harman Kardon, Yamaha and Denon make really good receivers. Mark levinson is awesome stuff. But its expensive. They make amazing amps, preamps and there CD Player, or Dac and transports are amazing. I really like Paradigm speakers. Check out the Monitor 7 and the Monitor 9. The Monitor 9 speakers use 2 8 inch woofers and the tweeter. Here's a pic of them.

http://www.paradigm.ca/Website/SiteParadigmProduct/ParadigmModels/MonSeriesII/Monseries.html

I am also into home theater. I went to every high end place(some you need an appointment to get into) did a lot of research..went to the C.E.S. show in vegas (this show will blow your fucking mind). What worked for me after all the research was a small custom company called OHM. They have developed a technology that is called "a full room sound". That no matter where you sit you will hear every frequency the way it was intended by the artist or movie producer. The sound is so incredible..the base frequency is equal to an 18" base speaker with a base frequency of maybe 16 hz. These speakers are so amazing that the OHM people will give you I believe either a 4 or 6 month trial basis. which means, if after you try these speakers in your home and you don't like them..you get your money back..no questions asked.

I love to watch movies and when I crank these baby's up....all I can say is HOLY SHIT...This is only my full range speakers by the way..I also have a 500 watt powered sub base by definative. Together with rear ohm bipolars, an ohm passive sub for the rear speakers and an ohm center. I have a lexicon DC1 as my processer and a cinepro 2000 watt power amp which is about 400 watts per channel. If your going to do it..my opinion start with the speakers for the best sound thats good for you. Its all subjective anyway..its what you like..anyway good luck

klipsch pro-media 4.1s with a dd 5.1 receiver that you can get from klipsch and sennheiser hd600 headphones, aural bliss can't even describe and this is just my cheap ass college home setup

my home system

stereo

Source: Marantz CD6000 OSE

Amplification: Sunfire Stereo Amplifier

Speakers: Martin Logan CLSII

Speaker Wire: Kimber Kable 4TC

Interconnects: Kimber Kable PBJ

headphones

Source: Marantz CD6000 OSE

Amplification: Grado RA-1

Speakers: Grado RS-1 Headphones

Interconnects: Kimber Kable PBJ

gaming and movies

Source: Sony ps2

Amplification: Yamaha RX-V795a

Speakers: Infinity RS5, Infinity RS3, Infinity CC1, Polk PSW-450

Interconnects: Monster Cable Reference

Guest saleen351

I'm gonna make this easy for you guys..

Only buy

Japanese recievers

American speakers

and for just music, buy the damm Bose Wave Radio... best 350 bucks you'll ever spend, crisp and clear and loud if you want it.. Some of you guys make it seem like you live in a big house with no kids, no parents no neighbors and no cops.... if you can't crank them dual 18 inch monsters then don't BUY THEM!!!

Originally posted by joeg

I have a Denon AVR-3200 reciever with 5.1 channel custom speakers... (yeah, i'm an audiophile, what do you want...)

I have my computer outputting via optical to the reciever...

(I have like 40 gigs of mp3z or some shit...)

I have the SAME EXACT Reciever. But believe me, hook that baby up to an external amp! I have my Denon paired with a 5-chanell 100wattXchannel Rotel Amp. I biamped all the front speakers and it sounds INCREDIBLE. The Rotel amp gave my system much more life. Im using the Mission 77 series as my fronts and center channel.

bose is overrated. I compared bose to polk audio in an audio test not knowing what was what. I picked Polk Audio speakers and they were less than half the price of bose. Bose are good, but they are a brand name and other speaker companies have caught up to them...

Receiver, consumer reports picks onykyo (sp?)

Make sure the receiver is DTS so you can connect to the DVD player w/ a fiberoptic coaxle cable....

I know i'm a weirdo but i usually buy studio quality stuff. it makes listening SO much better.

Right now i've got a pair of Alesis MKII pasive monitors, An Onkyo amp and a 12" JBL studio sub. The setup is clear as a bell and ROARS when i crank it. If you want the best quality in stereo, a lot of people overlook studio-quality speakers.