Clubplanet Nightlife Community

for everyone who does not like Tony Draper

Originally posted by jackzelvrp

you have to be fucking stupid. i don't care what anyone says about this dj. he has talent and he knows what to spinn. and when a DJ has about 4000 people chanting his name when he comes on to spinn. then he is a good fucking dj. hands down i have to give it to him. he pulled it off and exit was insane. thank you for the great night.

Jack Z.

....Easy there Jack - this doesnt sound like you, hopefully this is someone on your name fucking aroud - or your really drunk, think about what your saying & the drama your probably causing

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I said this b4 i dont think its right if exit keeps getting international talent and then let draper do afta hourz.....

I totally agree and thats why starting may 24th, i am pretty sure draper is the full time resident :D and no more international trance except for pvd who is coming on the 14th, and i think that PVD should spin the whole night. But other then that be prepared for a lot more draper :D :D

First off... my story... I was an exit head to start out with... loved the space, the shiny people, and the mainstream crap. Then my whole world changed when I stepped into Twilo and heard real music. Draper is good for beginners, but eventually every TRUE music fan will move on.

Second... what other DJ's have you heard other than draper?

Third... Sven Vath was just recently at Vinyl, definately check out Danny Tennaglia, Carl Cox, Danny Howells... to name a few if you want to hear hard, fast beats without the Draper cheese elements.

Fourth: DJs that only use CDs (aka: Draper) have no real talent. It is extremely easy to match beats with cd's due to the fact you can pause them at an exact time and start them easily, unlike vinyl where you have to match beats while the record is moving.

::sigh:: One day you will learn.

Fourth: DJs that use CDs have no real talent. It is extremely easy to match beats with cd's due to the fact you can pause them at an exact time and start them easily, unlike vinyl where you have to match beats while the record is moving.

Dont dany tenaglia and jonathan peters spin cds too? And you wanted to know what other djs i heard? I heard jonathan peters, johnny viscious, shawn ink, boris, scott project, dj tiesto, christopher lawrence, luv and lodi to name a few. And honestly i dont care what the fuck they spin with as long as it sounds good to me. I am at a club to have fun, not to judge the djs. If them music sounds good then i am happy. Just try to enjoy the music ,and i never said draper was extremely talented. I think hes good and he drops sick beats and pleases the crowd which to me is the most important because without the crowd there is no need for the dj. Just a thought.

Originally posted by codica3

Umm.. notice she said ONLY CDs.

However Jen, much to your dismay, Draper does fuck around with vinyl at times..

Not good AT ALL with it.. but he does, nonetheless, spin some vinyl.

indeed..he uses vinyl when he has to take a photo for the new flyer so the real dj's wont make fun of him

Originally posted by xhead247x

Dont dany tenaglia and jonathan peters spin cds too? And you wanted to know what other djs i heard? I heard jonathan peters, johnny viscious, shawn ink, boris, scott project, dj tiesto, christopher lawrence, luv and lodi to name a few. And honestly i dont care what the fuck they spin with as long as it sounds good to me. I am at a club to have fun, not to judge the djs. If them music sounds good then i am happy. Just try to enjoy the music ,and i never said draper was extremely talented. I think hes good and he drops sick beats and pleases the crowd which to me is the most important because without the crowd there is no need for the dj. Just a thought.

First off, I am not a Jonathan Peter's fan, and have never heard him spin. Second, yes, DT does use CDs BUT he mainly uses vinyl. Good DJs are able to incorporate several different forms of media into thier sets. Howells, for instance, will have 3 tables, 2 cd decks, and a computer at hand. If you do not go to clubs to judge the DJs then there was no point to you posting in the first place, because that means you do not care about the music enough to TRULY listen to and judge a DJ. Just a thought. :D

I dont judge by what they spin on. I judge by how it sounds, and to me drapers music selction is phat. And this past week, he mixed mad classics in like 20 min sand that was pretty sick.

I understand that you may like his track selection, but track selection is only PART of being a DJ. I bet I could pick some sick ass tracks to spin as well, however, I'm not a DJ because I can't spin and mix (whether it be CDs OR Vinyl). If you judge on how it sounds, you're better off just sitting at your computer and picking hot track selections and sparing your ears, in the meantime, of trainwrecks..

I dont judge by what they spin on. I judge by how it sounds, and to me drapers music selction is phat. And this past week, he mixed mad classics in like 20 min sand that was pretty sick.

That quote just sums up your knowlege of music right there. I put clubbers into two categories... there are the scene people, and the music people, and you are definately not part of the latter. You may not be a newcomer to the club scene, but you are ignorant to the fact that there are phenomenal DJs out there, with a much better track selection then draper, minus the excessive use of sound effects, and the skills to avoid train wrecks.

That quote just sums up your knowlege of music right there. I put clubbers into two categories... there are the scene people, and the music people, and you are definately not part of the latter. You may not be a newcomer to the club scene, but you are ignorant to the fact that there are phenomenal DJs out there, with a much better track selection then draper, minus the excessive use of sound effects, and the skills to avoid train wrecks.

Umm dont fucking put me into a category. I got to clubs because of the music. I love fucking house music. U think i go to exit bc of the scence to chill with all the asians. It jsut so happens that listening to draper at exit to me is like the phattest vibe i get at a club. And i know there are phenomenal djs out there and i heard some of them and i never fucking said draper has more talent then them. I jsut enjoy his tracks better then all trance music. Does that make me ignorant bc i dont like what you like:rolleyes:

Dont think you people because you know shit.

Umm dont fucking put me into a category. I got to clubs because of the music. I love fucking house music. U think i go to exit bc of the scence to chill with all the asians. It jsut so happens that listening to draper at exit to me is like the phattest vibe i get at a club. And i know there are phenomenal djs out there and i heard some of them and i never fucking said draper has more talent then them. I jsut enjoy his tracks better then all trance music. Does that make me ignorant bc i dont like what you like:rolleyes:

I don't disrespect anybody's opinions ever.......but son, if you think Draper's crowd at Exit is the "phattest vibe" you "get at a club" then for Christ's sake, stay there. If you think his track selection is "phat" then by all means enjoy yourself. But god oh god don't say you "love fucking house music" because you absolutely have no clue and it is a complete insult to people like myself.

Originally posted by djjonstephen

I don't disrespect anybody's opinions ever.......but son, if you think Draper's crowd at Exit is the "phattest vibe" you "get at a club" then for Christ's sake, stay there. If you think his track selection is "phat" then by all means enjoy yourself. But god oh god don't say you "love fucking house music" because you absolutely have no clue and it is a complete insult to people like myself.

Could not have said it better myself.

exit has a vibe? since when?

(exception of ferry corsten's night)

You guys jsut dont give it up. The vibe i was talking about at exit was when draper came on and everyone was chanting his name and he started dropping mad classics and started snowing and playing sick shit on the screen. I never said his crowd was the phatttest vibe. And fuck you, i dont like house music. You really think you knwo everything. I cant believe you are gonna tell me because i like draper its an insult to you. Go listen to whatevever music you want and i will do the same, and stop thinking you know fucking everything because you like djs from europe. Yous really need to chill the fuck out, i came on this board ot get music and shit but all you people do is bitch at one another if they dont like what you like. Get over yourself.

It an insult to you :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

What a fucking joke

i'm curious as to what "classics" this guy was playing.

as for cd mixing, it's all the same. the platter may spin under the record, but the record is held still until released when cueing/matching/mixing. How about final scratch? You could have every song on the computer set to the same tempo. At that point you wouldn't have to worry about beatmatching at all. ANyone gonna tell richie hawtin he can't dj?

I was being sarcastic because some people on this board are telling me what i like. If you had a fucking brain you would pick that up.

i actually dont have a brain. thanks to drapers numerous trainwrecks, my mind became horribly damaged. dont listen to him sober kiddies! it warps your mind!

put a curtain over the booth... throw in some middle new jersey reject dj... give him 5 songs that tony draper spins... you will hear from every exit/draper regular "tony draper was awsome last night"

you could do the same for vicious, peters, baez...just about ne dj sept liek oakenfold,teneglia,pvd...etc...

serisouly... lotta u kids dont know ur music, and once u pop that pill, everyhting sounds amaising...

come on, take a pill, then gimmie 30 bucks, we can sit in my kitchen and ill play the potts and pans for u...

if you dissagree with me... well guess what... i KNOW of a few instances where it HAS happend... and not just with djs, but with performances...

the flyer says somone will be there... they arent...they dont announce there NON presence, and the night goes on.

im nto gonna name the club, but i know of an instace where there was supposed to be a performance one night, and the club didnt get them, so they grabbed a few bouncers, stuck them on stage with an unplugged electric drum set (u could see he was soooooo off beat) and the other guy behind a semi-setup turntable/ keybord stand...

the result.... ---> "blablalba was AWSOMEEEE LAST NIGHT!!!"

:blown:

it happens...

and i know of instances where it has happend with dj's too...

its just a lil fyi for all u new clubbers...

and i was wondering... does draper still spin tetris ??? :laugh: song was ACTUALLY good summer of 2000... kinda BEAT now... :blown:

Originally posted by keough

He`s not the worlds greatest Dj, i`ll give you all that

I`ve still yet to find a dj make me dance so hard and get So AMPEd that late though, he does know how to get a crowd jumpin and bang the hard beats, Spinning, we all get better if we do often

You've never had another dj get u amped that late??? what dj's are u going to see? No offense, i mean everyone has their preference and draper is def not mine but compared to some of the other dj's locally and internationally and that man sux big time, it's like ktu live

Originally posted by sierafoxtrot

put a curtain over the booth... throw in some middle new jersey reject dj... give him 5 songs that tony draper spins... you will hear from every exit/draper regular "tony draper was awsome last night"

you could do the same for vicious, peters, baez...just about ne dj sept liek oakenfold,teneglia,pvd...etc...

serisouly... lotta u kids dont know ur music, and once u pop that pill, everyhting sounds amaising...

come on, take a pill, then gimmie 30 bucks, we can sit in my kitchen and ill play the potts and pans for u...

if you dissagree with me... well guess what... i KNOW of a few instances where it HAS happend... and not just with djs, but with performances...

the flyer says somone will be there... they arent...they dont announce there NON presence, and the night goes on.

im nto gonna name the club, but i know of an instace where there was supposed to be a performance one night, and the club didnt get them, so they grabbed a few bouncers, stuck them on stage with an unplugged electric drum set (u could see he was soooooo off beat) and the other guy behind a semi-setup turntable/ keybord stand...

it happens...

and i was wondering... does draper still spin tetris ??? :laugh: song was ACTUALLY good summer of 2000... kinda BEAT now... :blown:

not to argue but u cannot put peters in the same category with them because he way past their league and btw what makes peters better is because he is a producer, which mean when u go to SF and hear the music , majority of it will never leave factory - that's underground shit people kill for, but i totally agreed on the pvd comment.

Originally posted by sierafoxtrot

it happens...

and i was wondering... does draper still spin tetris ??? song was ACTUALLY good summer of 2000... kinda BEAT now...

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: