Clubplanet Nightlife Community

anyone else feel......

I agree............

but I also think we have every right to be since there are 890,333,783,490,343,345,296 DJs in this world now..........therefore I expect anyone hired to spin a decent club better be pretty fuckin good to justify why they got the gig instead of the other gazillion DJs out there............spinning a few popular tunes and filling in with some mediocre music just doesn't cut it when there are thousands of DJs out there who don't have a name or a connection but can cut it up way better than the ones getting residencies left and right...........

more competition = more expectation

DJs always have to keep pushing their music forward or they will get burnt out real quick...........

Originally posted by tyco

I agree............

but I also think we have every right to be since there are 890,333,783,490,343,345,296 DJs in this world now..........therefore I expect anyone hired to spin a decent club better be pretty fuckin good to justify why they got the gig instead of the other gazillion DJs out there............spinning a few popular tunes and filling in with some mediocre music just doesn't cut it when there are thousands of DJs out there who don't have a name or a connection but can cut it up way better than the ones getting residencies left and right...........

DJs always have to keep pushing their music forward or they will get burnt out real quick...........

well put, and thats why i say make sure everyone comes out june 16th to hear chris monaco and mark amatucci, monaco is gonna do something deep, fierce & dirty

I agree............

I agree with you on this. What I hate about people's comments are they simply say " So and So sucks, or this venue blew" but they never back it up with any explanation.

If a negative comment is thrown at a DJ and there is validity to the point then I'm all for it. All Dj's need constructive criticism at some point. The majority of the DJ's that have residencies in Jersey read the board.... and i'm sure they love to know what the crowd likes, and what they dislike. As long as the comments are not personal, Clubgoers should feel free to voice their opinions.

Guest saleen351

I agree............

yo, could you some how convey that to the miami board.. those peeps are just lost when it comes to djs....

Originally posted by saleen351

yo, could you some how convey that to the miami board.. those peeps are just lost when it comes to djs....

I know dude...........I just read your review of Liquid post and was laughing my ass off..............you got the owner's attention already! it may be hopeless bro............as with everything, they are a year or two behind us up here.............they're still jocking cheesy trance shit down there for christ's sake............it'll get better but I def will check out that board and put in my two cents...........Tempts opener was off da hook bro! ;):D

Originally posted by ibclubbin

that we as clubbers are WAAAAAAAAAY too critical of DJ's nowdays?

BG

I don't think I'm too picky. I just want to hear stuff I actually like . I'm constantly downloading awesome new tracks, but never....never hear it. - just the vocal tracks. :cheese:

Originally posted by helixx

I don't think I'm too picky. I just want to hear stuff I actually like . I'm constantly downloading awesome new tracks, but never....never hear it. - just the vocal tracks. :cheese:

Just outta curiosity...where do you go out ? You should know where the music you like is gonna or at least should be played at :confused:

Originally posted by bmw4jay

Just outta curiosity...where do you go out ? You should know where the music you like is gonna or at least should be played at :confused:

Mostly Roxy...although not now. I'm limited to certain places...i'm a teacher, and know all my students go to SF and Exit so have to avoid those. So far Metro Lounge is the only place I've heard decent hard trance as far as NJ goes.

I cant begin to tell you how rare it was back in 1978 to meet someone who was a dj in a night club...there just wasnt the cultural exposure that you have today plus there wasnt the tremendous amount of venues to play at - things were very underground. One of the biggest changes that occurred over time was the idea of self promotion on the part of djs...with the current technologies of having the internet - to the convienience of being able to produce and expose mix cds you have every dj and his brother exposing his own "mix" cd or tape - back in the late 70's and early 80's it was chic for a dj to NOT give out his mix tapes to too many people - it was chic to be underground and underexposed - my how things have changed....thanx, Greg (bangin since 78)

that we as clubbers are WAAAAAAAAAY too critical of DJ's nowdays?

BG

are you saying you're not critical? I think it is the variation in styles of music that makes people more critical. People in our area also have so many different venues to go to, this makes people even more picky. The public likes what it likes and goes to the places that play that kind of music (for the most part). Should people keep more of an open mind toward different kinds of music, of course. But there will always be critical people when you have such a varried scence, in the NYC, Phila, and Jersey areas.

Originally posted by djdanfury

I agree with you on this. What I hate about people's comments are they simply say " So and So sucks, or this venue blew" but they never back it up with any explanation.

If a negative comment is thrown at a DJ and there is validity to the point then I'm all for it. All Dj's need constructive criticism at some point. The majority of the DJ's that have residencies in Jersey read the board.... and i'm sure they love to know what the crowd likes, and what they dislike. As long as the comments are not personal, Clubgoers should feel free to voice their opinions.

Think about it, this is a message board that is suppossed to deal the scene. Like Dj Creep said, we have a lot of choices and that makes us pickier. We might not like what we hear one night, but ut doesn't mean we are going to stop going out. I am sure we have all heard some of our favorite DJ's have an off night here and there.... But we like them so we go back for more...

Originally posted by djcreep

are you saying you're not critical? I think it is the variation in styles of music that makes people more critical. People in our area also have so many different venues to go to, this makes people even more picky. The public likes what it likes and goes to the places that play that kind of music (for the most part). Should people keep more of an open mind toward different kinds of music, of course. But there will always be critical people when you have such a varried scence, in the NYC, Phila, and Jersey areas.

im critical.....I included myself in the original post (are WE as clubbers.....) but i feel like i dont want to be anymore....there isnt a DJ in the world who doesnt have a difficult mix every now and then (not a train wreck) or who plays a song that people dont want to dance to.....no one is perfect..

what im saying is that we sometimes come out and say "he was totally off" just because maybe he played music we didnt want to hear...for example, I was at Abyss for DT and he didnt play anywhere near as dirty as I wanted....does that mean he was bad? not at all....but there were times when i was bored with the music....I think that a lot of us make posts as if we expect to be entertained by every single beat of every single night, and complain if we arent

hate to break it to you but it doesnt work like that....there are too many variables that go into a person's perception of a night, which is completely different from one person to the next....

all I am saying is maybe we shouldnt place DJ's on the pedestals that we do and then get mad at them when they are off, because they are humans like we are, and not only that, 99% of us arent talented enough to be doing what they are doing......its not fair to talk shit if we cant do what they do

just my $.02

BG

im critical.....I included myself in the original post (are WE as clubbers.....) but i feel like i dont want to be anymore....there isnt a DJ in the world who doesnt have a difficult mix every now and then (not a train wreck) or who plays a song that people dont want to dance to.....no one is perfect..

what im saying is that we sometimes come out and say "he was totally off" just because maybe he played music we didnt want to hear...for example, I was at Abyss for DT and he didnt play anywhere near as dirty as I wanted....does that mean he was bad? not at all....but there were times when i was bored with the music....I think that a lot of us make posts as if we expect to be entertained by every single beat of every single night, and complain if we arent

hate to break it to you but it doesnt work like that....there are too many variables that go into a person's perception of a night, which is completely different from one person to the next....

all I am saying is maybe we shouldnt place DJ's on the pedestals that we do and then get mad at them when they are off, because they are humans like we are, and not only that, 99% of us arent talented enough to be doing what they are doing......its not fair to talk shit if we cant do what they do

just my $.02

BG

I think we are pretty much saying the same thing..... Well put BG.