Clubplanet Nightlife Community

CP - What type of system do you have?

i have two tech 1200's , ortofon concorde dj pro needles (the blue ones), numark em-260 mixer with kaoss pad, 900 watt qsc amp powering my subs, 650 watt crown amp powering my 3 way yorkville speakers, american dj dcd pro450 dual cd player....and a light show that can rival most small bars and clubs.....then stacks of records and cd's :tongue::D

peace out

gianni

i need lights. i def need to get lights. all i got is a strobe and this other stupid shit that just goes round in circles. its cool when ur high...but thats bout it.

anyway..i got 2 tech 1200s, a numark EM-360 w/ kaoss pad. 2 gemini single cd players (they kinda suck, need new ones) i also only got 2 powered speakers, but they do the job. i never need to bring my speakers anywhere anyway..so they're basicall just for my room. and i got a cerwin vega 15 inch sub. that shit pounds!!!!

I'm almost embarrassed to say, but once I get some cash this summer I'm upgrading everything but the decks anyway...

Tables - 1 SL1200MK2, 1 SL1210MK2

Mixer - using a Stanton SK-6 for now

Needles - Stanton D6800ALs

Phones - Don't matter cuz they're broken anyway (Sennheiser HD475s)

Over the course of the next few months, upgrading the mixer (probably an EFX-500), phones, and getting a cheap CD player. Not as if I'm running a recording studio or anything, just using them to practice mostly...

BTW Greg, your link is busted.

Originally posted by dialectics

yeah, but that's just 'cause you're cool.

lol

I had condensed my list of gear down so it could fit in that little box on that page. Plus, I doubt that many people give a shit about every little mic and processor that I use.

2 sl 1210's

1 technics dj1200 mixer

some wack gemini dual cd player.(it was real cheap)

for some reason i have a numark beatkeeper,

1 pair of technics dj headphones

2- 2 way yamaha speakers powered by mackie 1000 amp.

1-ev big ass subwoofer powered by crown power base 1 amp.

hehe i dont mix

at least not yet... and then im gona ask you guys for suggestions on what to buy turntable wise :)

but right now im into studio recording...

so this is what i have...

computer:

dual xeon 1ghz

1 gig ram

scsi hdd (20 gig x6) raid 0 + 1

maxtor dual head

two monitors

two c-port soundcards with 10 in 10 out 24/96

external hardware:

two 24 port patch bays

voice compression units

lexicon fx proc(2)

other fx procs that arent too important for techno use...

mackie 24/8 board

elogic controller board 24/8

dr. drum

softare:

elogic

cakewalk

pro tools

soundforge

fruity loops

sonar

cubase

thats basically it... i record local rock bands most of the time... i hjave a sound proofed room some nice mics and some really nice vocal mics... power amp and kick ass teac monitor speakers...

umn 6 sony headphones...

any of you want to rec. pm me :)

what turn tables and mixer should i get this summer??

You guys are all making me jealous. I live in the village in a tiny ass apartment so I can barely fit my two turntable and mixer as it is. No real room for expansion...yet.

My shit:

2 Technic 1200 M3Ds

2 ortofon nightclub cartridges

Vestax PMC 170A

2 piece of shit speakers I fucked up in college years ago.

I need some monitors that sound great but are cheap. They don't need to be super loud since my neighbors bitch at me already. But, they do have to be really crisp and clear. Anyone have any suggestions?

Originally posted by GregoryCFra

I use 2 Vestax 2000 decks, a Vestax PCM55, and a Pioneer EFX-500. The really, really, really bad part is that I only have 2 powered speakers because I live in an apartment. SUX. I'm thinking about adding a CD player soon, any suggestions?

Post your system, view a pic of my setup below

http://bbs.clubplanet.com/showthread.php?threadid=94926

how much did the vestax mixer run you?

I'm running 2 Tech12 M3D's, Shure M44-7 Cartridges, Roland DJ1000 mixer (don't buy one unless you want it to fall apart a year later).

As for a sound setup, Alesis MKII Passive Monitors, run through high pass crossover off a 12" JBL 250 watt studio sub. Input to sub provided via Onkyo amp. Sound fidelity is excellent.

Cintron,

Long time no see. How is the MR2?

Originally posted by cintron

I'm running 2 Tech12 M3D's, Shure M44-7 Cartridges, Roland DJ1000 mixer (don't buy one unless you want it to fall apart a year later).

As for a sound setup, Alesis MKII Passive Monitors, run through high pass crossover off a 12" JBL 250 watt studio sub. Input to sub provided via Onkyo amp. Sound fidelity is excellent.

Heyyyy man what's goin on? Mr2 is doing well, though she's burning more oil [turbo seals going] and the alternator needs to be replaced. i've got my foot resting on the spare one right now actually.

I've got to admit though - i had Gemini PT2000III's and now that i have techs, wow what a world of difference. Like i can TOUCH the platter now and not have the decks fly off into nowhere.

;) you telling me with that bigass FMIC of yours you can't afford to sell those decks and pay the extra 300 or so for a tech12 swap? ;)

LOL

Glad to hear car is doin good.. You know how it is man.. You either hook up your car or have money in the bank, cant have both.. ;) I'm really itchin to get my hands on some 1200s tho..

I've been outta NYC for a few months, we gotta meet up some time!

I saw you and the rest of the tribe at Vinyl last week but I didnt realize that was u.. Good shit bro! :D

Originally posted by roha3000

I need some monitors that sound great but are cheap. They don't need to be super loud since my neighbors bitch at me already. But, they do have to be really crisp and clear. Anyone have any suggestions?

one word. ALESIS. BEST CLEAREST MONITORS U CAN GET aside from YAMAHA's...they are powered also so u dont need no big elaborate amp setup and shit.

greg: hey what are yer thoughts on the Vestax PMC-55 mixer?? I have a Pioneer DJM-600 with built-in effects and sampler but its :puke: was definitely thinking of gettin that mixer cause i spin Techno and it seem PERFECT for it as does the PMC-170 i think with the kill switches. what are some pro's and cons about the PMC-55?

At home :

Harman & Kardon TD 470

Harman & Kardon AVI 200bis

Harman & Kardon Tu 930

Marantz CD player

4 MB Quart Tower 1000 speakers

nominal impedance 4 ohm

power handling 90-190W

Frequency response 31-32.000 HZ

and one Trace Elliot 1048H speaker for my bass guitar linked to the Harman & Kardon AVI 200bis. just to take over the bass and let the 4 tower speakers take care of the mid and high tones.

At my Celica:

8 speakers from Caliber, one BassCube 110EK from Caliber's Evolution series all connected to a Caliber CA 660 4x80w and 2x 120W amplifier, my controll pannel is an Alpine CTA-1505R 55w x 4 hyper amp Radio....ofcourse there are crossfilters in my car too..