Clubplanet Nightlife Community

anyone graduating college soon?

yeh market sucks except for accounting positions...luckily my gpa was too low for finance program so they kicked me down to accounting..now i got a 'big 5' entry position waiting for me after graduation and im only a junior :D

I'm graduating from Fordham in about 2 weeks and going to Law School in the fall, so I'm not really effected by the bad job market. It is pretty bad, though. Most people who I'm graduating with don't have full time jobs lined up yet.

im graduating next week too with an IT degree. Job market sucks, especially in computers. Im probably going to just get a sales job for a while (pharm sales), its easy money for a recent college grad.

Originally posted by tribal

hows the job market looking? im graduating next year, CIS major BIO minor, looking for an internship

are you looking for a cis or a bio job? with bio, it's not that hard to find a position. true though, you'll probably have to start being a research tech. salary is greater if you get a job in industry as compared to academia.

i have a bio degree and am now working at a uni doing research. pay isn't all that great, but i like what i'm doing.

and yeah, there's always graduate school...

:)

What is CIS? I could see if we have any intern positions left in my company but I have no idea what that is.

I am graduating May 23 and I am so happy to have a job lined up. The only reason I got it was because I interned with the company for a year. It made me take an extra year to graduate but it is so worth it.

CIS is computer information systems, basically its an array of stuff like database, networking, web design and development, WAP and ERP systems and bunch of other stuff. Biology is actually my backup field, but i really enjoy it. I was thinking of somehow combining the two fields, and work as a web develop for a biotech or a pharma, but i need a starting point, an internship, something. i dont wanna do investment bank graphics for the rest of my life.

Originally posted by dp80

im graduating next week too with an IT degree. Job market sucks, especially in computers. Im probably going to just get a sales job for a while (pharm sales), its easy money for a recent college grad.

. . IT isn't dead, you're just not qualified yet . . . OFF TO THE HELP DESK WITH YE!! . . .

Originally posted by phuturephunk

. . IT isn't dead, you're just not qualified yet . . . OFF TO THE HELP DESK WITH YE!! . . .

Yea I heard the whole help desk thing from others who did it a few years ago. But now help desk is even hard to get, with salaries going for a huge $10/hour, with guys 10 years experience who got laid off looking for those positions. 4 years ago if I graduated I would be doing systems administration right out of school. Don't know what happened to this field but its horrible. I think I will just go into sales or management, just because I need the money.