Clubplanet Nightlife Community

according to eminem nobody listens to techno

Originally posted by karch

I think he's right though, no one does really listen to "techno." We're all a minority in the world of musical tastes. And personally I kinda like it that not a lot of people listen to "techno." I don't like to see some 13 year old tenny bopper kid blasting some song which I had fond memories of hearing it in a club.

True, True, True and TRUE. Right on.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by siceone

you guys take shit way to serious

Eminem is one of the best rappers out there give me one lyricist better than Eminem?

you dont have to agree but IMO method man, redman, and nas are better than eminem. i am sure i can think of others but it has been years since i have listen to rap and i have no clue now-a-days whos good.

1) who cares what eminem says.

2) the reason why eminem shits on moby anyway (IMO) is b/c they did a special on MTV about controversy and music awhile ago.

moby shitted on eminem, saying it's wrong he uses the language he does, how he shits on gays, how he says things that may offend different groups of people.

think about eminem's "insult style." christina aguilerah shits on him, he rips her a new asshole. he finds out fred durst is performing with her, he then shits on limp biskit. quite natural that moby was next.

and though there are more people listening to electronica than ever before, it's still not "mainstream." compare one of the greatest DJs in the world's record sales, John Digweed doesn't even break a million, in comparison to "mainstream" musicians like Eminem, who easily breaks the million record sold mark.

3) why do white people hate on Eminem so much? that guy is breaking music barriers just like he says in that "without me" song. he really is like Elvis Presley, the only white guy around that is a part of a music culture that is dominated by black musicians/artists. Elvis was first hated on by white people when he came out, it was so scandalous that his music style was so "soulful" and "black." now people just say Eminem is whack b/c he starves for attention (btw, Elvis Presley was in a class of his own, Eminem will never reach his musical status)?

more props to eminem, despite his skin color, he is a great MC.

4) method man, redman, and nas are great rappers but i think eminem is up there with them. i do think nas might be better, but it took awhile for him to get his game together. method man and redman are just smoking way too much b/c their lyrics are not tight anymore and are all over the place.

i do think outkast holds it down b/c of their unique style, guru has always been on point (with dj premier). and i still pop in old skool jams from eric b & rakim, slick rick, krs-one, mc shan.. all great rappers of yesteryears.

Eminem is one of most talented emcee's to hit the scene in a while... I may not agree with all of his messages, but I'll give him props for having the balls to do his thing.

Hopes to bag a boy like Marshall when I'm Kim Basinger's age (last I heard, they were hooking it up after she played his mom in a movie?),

~kitten >^.^<

kitty19 ~ Just read your post... I'm listening to "Don't Sweat the Technique" right now... bboy favorite. Are you going to be really busy next week? Because it's Senior Week... everyone's going off to Cape Cod, Boston, etc. and I was thinking maybe NYC... it'd be good to hit the clubs one more time before flying to Cali, and I'd love to finally have the chance to chill with ya...

Hope all is well in NYC,

*hugs*

~kitten >^.^<

eminem is talented no dout but him saying that nobody listens to techno is like moby saying that no one listens to rap. and you cant say mobys album didnt sell cuz i did and all his songs were used in commercials and even the movie freddy got fingered(just lookin for an excuse to plug that movie, soo funny)

Originally posted by kitty19

3) why do white people hate on Eminem so much? that guy is breaking music barriers just like he says in that "without me" song. he really is like Elvis Presley, the only white guy around that is a part of a music culture that is dominated by black musicians/artists. Elvis was first hated on by white people when he came out, it was so scandalous that his music style was so "soulful" and "black." now people just say Eminem is whack b/c he starves for attention (btw, Elvis Presley was in a class of his own, Eminem will never reach his musical status)?

. . . . I can tell you exactly why white people hate on Eminem . . .

. . It's quite simple . . . Ask yourself . . who is the biggest consumer group of hip hop in America? . . Caucasion suburban males . . Now think about it for a second . . These little white kids with their prozac addled parents, go through a phase of rebellion . . their "acting" out period so to speak . . . During this period they decide to go all Bling Bling on things and turn themselves into a thug . . .Posters go up on the wall, their brand new lexus needs a totally phat system . . etc etc. . . Now, as a parent of one of these children, it's easy to dismiss their idolization of guys like Puff Daddy and Ja Rule because they (the parents) know that their child will never grow up to be a large black man . . no matter how hard they (the children) try . . . Eminem is a different story . .

. . . He's a symbol that white suburban America . . really in effect all of white America, just does NOT want to admit exists . . .He (eminem) IS a possible outcome for their kids to turn into . . He (and his rauckus stage presence) is a symbol that there is indeed a white "underclass" in this country and if you're not careful . .YOUR KIDS COULD BECOME A MEMBER OF THAT GROUP . . .

. . . Passing off methodman is easy . . . looking a guy in the face that could very well be your son/daughter in 5 years is not . ..

Originally posted by phuturephunk

. . It's quite simple . . . Ask yourself . . who is the biggest consumer group of hip hop in America? . . Caucasion suburban males . . Now think about it for a second . . These little white kids with their prozac addled parents, go through a phase of rebellion . . their "acting" out period so to speak . . . During this period they decide to go all Bling Bling on things and turn themselves into a thug . . .Posters go up on the wall, their brand new lexus needs a totally phat system . . etc etc. . . Now, as a parent of one of these children, it's easy to dismiss their idolization of guys like Puff Daddy and Ja Rule because they (the parents) know that their child will never grow up to be a large black man . . no matter how hard they (the children) try . . . Eminem is a different story . .

. . . He's a symbol that white suburban America . . really in effect all of white America, just does NOT want to admit exists . . .He (eminem) IS a possible outcome for their kids to turn into . . He (and his rauckus stage presence) is a symbol that there is indeed a white "underclass" in this country and if you're not careful . .YOUR KIDS COULD BECOME A MEMBER OF THAT GROUP . . .

. . . Passing off methodman is easy . . . looking a guy in the face that could very well be your son/daughter in 5 years is not . ..

Very nice...

i could care less if eminem bashes techno or whatever. u people take it to heart..like u invented techno and hes bashing ur invention or something.

sice is right...Em is fuckin sick..he has the tightest flow right about now.. and hes a great fucking relief from Ja rule..fat joe...ashanti..and the rest of this commercial crap. u guys talk about him selling out to MTV...fuck that...he can sell himself to anyone he wants...as long as his music doesnt get worse. the first 2 LP's he put out were amazing..revolutionary.

at any given time of day he can tear any rapper a new one..he has amazing lyrical skills..and with the number of albums he sold..he can talk shit about anyone at anytime ...

1) who cares what eminem says.

4) method man, redman, and nas are great rappers but i think eminem is up there with them. i do think nas might be better, but it took awhile for him to get his game together. method man and redman are just smoking way too much b/c their lyrics are not tight anymore and are all over the place.

i do think outkast holds it down b/c of their unique style, guru has always been on point (with dj premier). and i still pop in old skool jams from eric b & rakim, slick rick, krs-one, mc shan.. all great rappers of yesteryears.

u stupit whore..how can u think eminem's up with nas u skank moneky. first u have to understand the history of these two rappers before u squawk u bird feed. to claim nas has made a name for himself recently is to not know nas at all. listen to his first album "illmatic" that was deemed classic status by all even his own current "rival" jay-z. that shit was pure heart soul and creativity. but that was a different era when hip-hop was about the love of the music rather than the paper chase. i agree that nas fell off after his first album then turned hollywood on us, but hey thats what fuckin hollywood does to everything...it mass markets...

the even sadder part of ur comparison is that u compare nas with the eminem u know of by way of mtv and hot 97...listen to some freestyles and live battles he did before he turned fag-queen to mtv for the paper/fame..ull be impressed with his creativity and pounce on word-play...

know ur history before u squawk ya big bird

:blown:

Originally posted by phuturephunk

good point...just like with britney spears and john bonney ramsey's (sp?) parents..no1 gave a shit when black females/female groups were whoaring themselves on music videos (well to the extent as when britney spears did it at least)

...and the john bonney ramsey case blew up because she was a symbol of america's sweet kid next door...around the same time a young black girl of the same age was found dead in a south bronx aparment building..no media rushed to cover the latter case

Originally posted by hugepiece

u stupit whore..how can u think eminem's up with nas u skank moneky. first u have to understand the history of these two rappers before u squawk u bird feed. to claim nas has made a name for himself recently is to not know nas at all. listen to his first album "illmatic" that was deemed classic status by all even his own current "rival" jay-z. that shit was pure heart soul and creativity. but that was a different era when hip-hop was about the love of the music rather than the paper chase. i agree that nas fell off after his first album then turned hollywood on us, but hey thats what fuckin hollywood does to everything...it mass markets...

the even sadder part of ur comparison is that u compare nas with the eminem u know of by way of mtv and hot 97...listen to some freestyles and live battles he did before he turned fag-queen to mtv for the paper/fame..ull be impressed with his creativity and pounce on word-play...

know ur history before u squawk ya big bird

first off little one, you need to get off nas' dick. he has enough dicksuckers as it is, he doesn't need another one. but hey if you swing that way, that's cool with me.

so you are on nas' dick and you now own all his bootlegs, have videos of his freestyle battles, you got posters up on your wall of him so you can jerk off to his chipped-tooth face all night.. what, you want a medal for that? :rolleyes:

second of all, we are talking presently. nas' only album i give props to was illmatic, which was created over 10 years ago. consistency is key. he still remained a tight lyricist and i am glad that he received the acclaim again he has of recent days. but, i think he needs to get off his high horse and stop rapping about the same damn thing, which is HIMSELF.

third, eminem is a great lyricist but i don't ever remember hearing that he won any battle. i know he has come in 2nd, 5th even.. so please, back up your words.

fourth, you need to stop pouncing on others like the big queen that you are. you need to simmer down boy, we have enough drama here as it is.

oh poor baby, you wanna start calling me a "skank moneky"? learn how to spell little one and we'll talk.

Originally posted by zerokewl

you dont have to agree but IMO method man, redman, and nas are better than eminem. i am sure i can think of others but it has been years since i have listen to rap and i have no clue now-a-days whos good.

no way bro redman is awesome but cmon bro Meth not really I mean cmon you go song for song no one out there right now is as lyrically ill than Em its a fact

first off little one, you need to get off nas' dick. he has enough dicksuckers as it is, he doesn't need another one. but hey if you swing that way, that's cool with me.

so you are on nas' dick and you now own all his bootlegs, have videos of his freestyle battles, you got posters up on your wall of him so you can jerk off to his chipped-tooth face all night.. what, you want a medal for that? :rolleyes:

second of all, we are talking presently. nas' only album i give props to was illmatic, which was created over 10 years ago. consistency is key. he still remained a tight lyricist and i am glad that he received the acclaim again he has of recent days. but, i think he needs to get off his high horse and stop rapping about the same damn thing, which is HIMSELF.

third, eminem is a great lyricist but i don't ever remember hearing that he won any battle. i know he has come in 2nd, 5th even.. so please, back up your words.

fourth, you need to stop pouncing on others like the big queen that you are. you need to simmer down boy, we have enough drama here as it is.

oh poor baby, you wanna start calling me a "skank moneky"? learn how to spell little one and we'll talk.

wheres my medal?

cmon every one lets be honest since 96 name the decent rappers that have come out besides eminem I mean who fuckin put out an album that has been fantastic.... I can't think of one not one...

the old schoolers in the game IMO have stiffled this industry and made a joke of it The life blood of hip hop is the youngerster the innovators.. but right now hip hop is like the mafia old guys getting fat on the new guys then tossing them away all the "good rappers" have been around and in the game since 89 some 87 jesus that old how are they supposed to be representing the youths on the streets these guys are pushing 40 for christ sake...

lets not bullshit these guy are getting old.. these so called heavyhitters are just fat and heavy...

we need something new yall and I think eminem is an impetus in a rebirth of hip hop.

Just a taste>

Yo, speed racer, 97' burgundy Blazer

Wanted for burglary, had to ditch the mercury tracer

I'm on some low ish,

I'm fed up wit the being broke ish

I'm not to joke wit

Bitch, I don't sell crack, I smoke it

My brains dusted; I'm disgusted at all my habits

Too many asprin tablets and empty medicine cabinets

Loosing battles to wack rappers 'cause I'm always too blunted

Walkin' up in the cypher smokin', talkin' like, "Who want it?"

Thug and crook; every drug in the book I've done it

My 9's at your frame,is that your chain? Run it

Who wants to die of an overdose of excessive flavor?

Aggressive nature got me stickin' you for your Progressive pager

Spectacular, battle rap manufacturer

Stole your mom's Acura, wrecked it, then sold it back to her

( Right right right ! ! ! ) (( Ding ! ! ! ))

The doctors you'll need after our battle are known as psychiatrics

I'll tell the nurses to hold a bed for you,

and I'ma make sure you come back for it

So barricade your infants, put up some extra fences

A woman beater, wanted for repeated sex offenses ( Ooh )

..Take em' on long vacation trips

Kidnappin' em' and trappin' em' in abusive relationships

Mess up your face and lips

Slit your stomach and watch your gut split

Gut you wit that razor that I use to shave my nuts wit ((Laughter))

Mama don't you cry, your son's too far gone

I'm so high, I don't even know what label I'm on

I'm messed up, feelin' like an over worked plumber

I'm sick of the crap, what's Dr. Kevorkian's phone number? ( Ha.. Hot )

no way bro redman is awesome but cmon bro Meth not really I mean cmon you go song for song no one out there right now is as lyrically ill than Em its a fact

like i said (imo) and i am refering to meth of the past like early 90's not right now. i could care less about hip hop (formerly known as rap). also anything of the wu before 96 is better than anything m&m puts out. but of course imo. :hat:

Originally posted by zerokewl

like i said (imo) and i am refering to meth of the past like early 90's not right now. i could care less about hip hop (formerly known as rap). also anything of the wu before 96 is better than anything m&m puts out. but of course imo. :hat:

I kinda agree with you but I there are some fallacies in your argument Bra.. the Wu is sick but some members of the Wu can't hold a candle to eminem's lyrical skil pre 96 absoluley Meth could probably win against Em now but Cmon bro Im talking about now... Im not talking about mike tyson vs. Ali bro Im talking about here and now...

cmon every one lets be honest since 96 name the decent rappers that have come out besides eminem I mean who fuckin put out an album that has been fantastic.... I can't think of one not one...

OK, here's a few....

Outkast - Stankonia

Aceyalone - Accepted Eclectic

Binary Star - Masters of the Universe

Dilated Peoples - The Platform

Mos Def - Black on Both Sides

Common - Like Water For Chocolate

Moka - Lime Green

Spooks - SOISOS

A lot of those folks have been around a while (although Dilateds, Spooks, and Binary Star all recorded their first albums post-96), but I doubt you could call most of em heavy hitters.

And on top of that, every album I just mentioned (save maybe Outkast) has much more intelligent, well thought out, and better rhymed lyrics than Eminem's stuff. Basically, if you're gonna bitch that Eminem is the only good rapper out there, you're listening to the wrong hip-hop. I'll take Eminem over Jay Z or DMX any day, but those guys are really scraping the bottom of the hip hop barrel.

pt...on a similar tip to Eminem, but a much better album overall than Eminem's stuff is Smut Peddlers - Porn Again.

only people i listen to right now is Eminem...M.O.P..Motherfuckin 50Cents...The Lox...and Cam'ron...Big L Pac Big RIP....and thats it..love the WU..but id rather listen to their older stuff...especially GZA's Liquid Swords..BEST ALBUM EVER!!