Clubplanet Nightlife Community

The Official Saleen Living Room Review With Rivera

Guest saleen351

Guest saleen351

GET THERE AT LIKE 11PM, NO PROBLEM GETTING IN, SMOOTH LIKE BUTTER, 20 BONES AT THE DOOR, PISSED ME OFF, BUT HEY ITS RR.... PLACE IS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO NICE, MAN PROBALY ONE OF THE NICEST PLACES I'VE BEEN TO. I LOVE THE SET UP, ITS LOUNGEY WITH A CLUBBY FEEL...... THE BARTENDER FROM CHICAGO TOOK CARE OF ME ALL NIGHT. THOUGH WE BSED ABOUT THE LACK OF A CROWD AND HE HAD NO IDEA WHO RR WAS OF EVEN THAT HE IS ONE OF THE HOTTEST DJS ON EARTH RIGHT NOW. SO HE WAS GONNA PUT ME IN TOUCH WITH THE MARKETING GUYS, SINCE I CALLED THEM FUCKING JERK OFFS... I TOLD HIM TO TELL THE OWNER THAT THEY SHOULD BE FIRED... NOT SURE IF HE TOLD HIM.... SOUND NEEDS WORK, NOT CLEAR ENUFF AND DOESN'T BANG, LIGHTS NEEDS TO BE MESSED WITH, THEY PUT A STROBE IN THE DOOR WAY OF THE DANCE FLOOR FOR THE STAGE DANCERS BUT IT BLINDS THE PEOPLE AT THE BAR.... GOT FREE DRINKS ALL NIGHT LONG AFTER I MET THIS BROAD WHO HAS AN EXPENSE ACCOUNT THERE... SO THAT KICKED ASS. STAFF IS REALLY NICE AND FRIENDLY, BLONDE WORKING THE DOOR IS FROM HEAVEN... GREAT CROWD, BUT IS WASN'T PACKED AT ALL.... THE VIPS ARE REALLY NICE, HEARD THERE WAS A HIP HOP ROOM, BUT I NEVER FOUND IT.... PLACE HAS TONS OF POTENTIAL BUT THEIR PROMOTERS JUST CAN'T GET IT DONE.... I THINK WITH TIME AND SEPT COMMING THE PLACE WILL DO PRETTY GOOD.... THOUGH THEIR SIGN OUTSIDE SUCKS, YOU REALLY CAN'T TELL ITS THE LIVING ROOM, IT JUST SAYS lr IN NEON..... NONE OF THE STAFF NEW WHO RR WAS.... WHICH GOES BACK TO LACK OF PROMOTING....

HAD A GREAT TIME..... NICE MEETING POD.... WE TALKED FOR A WHILE, HES COOL....

I WON'T GO BACK FOR A BANGING CLUB NIGHT, BUT 6 DOLLAR CORONAS AND BITCHES WILL DEF BRING ME BACK. THOUGH THE MOST I'D PAY TO GET IN IS 5 BUCKS... 20 IS JUST WRONG....

Guest saleen351

my monitor is small and when I have my glasses on instead of my contacts, its hard to read, so thats why I type in caps...

Guest saleen351

notice I liked the place and no one responds to the thread.... which leads me to belive that in the liquid post, you guys only backed up liquid cause you knew the owner OR you just wanted to back up your scene and didn't want jersey trash bashing on it. So which is it? cause its evident that you people are not cosistent and 99% will say something differently in private but not publicaly cause you dont' want to ruffle any feathers at the clubs, and god forbid you don't get a comp or free drink anymore....:blown:

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by laliux

haven't been to Living Room like in 2 years so can't really say something about the place.

I still haven't read a review from you about Crobar, BED, Rain or Space.

I am glad you had fun at LR.

laters!

well I keep hearing crobar has a sick sick system that will pump out energy.... so my review will be soon....

It was a good night, Correct NO ONE new who RR was except for the FACTORY BOYS and myself, I hopre this doest prevent LR form bringing in some moree awosme talent, IN NY RR is very very hot!!

I wish more ppl showed up then agai maybe not casue i woulndt havce gotten in!!!

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by xtreme-1

It was a good night, Correct NO ONE new who RR was except for the FACTORY BOYS and myself, I hopre this doest prevent LR form bringing in some moree awosme talent, IN NY RR is very very hot!!

I wish more ppl showed up then agai maybe not casue i woulndt havce gotten in!!!

their promoters should be fired, I would have packed the place with RR spining, they should of done a much better job, and gave comps to everyone on cp.....

I was disappointed at the turnout.

Hell freezes over, Saleen and I agree that the lighting and sound need work.

The rig in and of itself is nice...Trackspots, MiniMACs, and Dataflash units, but the LD loves to strobe damn near everything. And every 10 seconds he'd feel the need to do a burst of 100% strobe/100 % intensity on all the fixtures...very disorienting. Get a qualified operator like Drew or Ryan back there, and just watch.

Though Robbie himself gave high praise to .cooljunkie.!

In my opinion the LR is going to have the same problems that Liquid is having because of it's name. Not because of the who the promoters/djs/and friendly staff are. But because they are trying to revive something that should have just been inducted into the South Beach Clubbing Hall of Fame and left at that. The sceen is made up largely of locals. Now that we are going into the summer and the tourist season is closing if these clubs don't have the support of it's locals they are doomed to fail. That's not something that you would understand if you are new to the Miami club sceene.

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by kelebek

In my opinion the LR is going to have the same problems that Liquid is having because of it's name. Not because of the who the promoters/djs/and friendly staff are. But because they are trying to revive something that should have just been inducted into the South Beach Clubbing Hall of Fame and left at that. The sceen is made up largely of locals. Now that we are going into the summer and the tourist season is closing if these clubs don't have the support of it's locals they are doomed to fail. That's not something that you would understand if you are new to the Miami club sceene.

well, even though I've only been here for a month I completely understand. See I live in the sobe of the northeast (please no comparisons on this thread club wise) any how in the winter its dead the the clubs have to hold on or close then reopen in the summer. Sobe is just the opposite. i will say this Liquid is gonna be closed before DEC, some say before the end of the summer. But it will fail.... NOW the LR could hold on but their managment and promoters are clueless on life..... and that may close their doors... These clubs are all clueless on life.... Do something vastly different for a few weeks and watch things will change.... in NJ we have to reinvent our clubs every year or else they will be out of business. down here its the same crap...

whats next, a new shadow lounge?

PS the locals down here are VERY board....with their clubs....

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by mikeydny

bro get a job as a promoter here, lol.....:laugh:

I am, come sept, my Dj's, my staff, my door policy my everything. All I got to do is find a stuggling club, which will be easy and turn that fucker out.... here is some of my ideas

Free entrances for: all females, all ny and nj ids......

1/2 price drinks for females

Jersey and NYC djs......

no faggot ass red ropes out side....

no hype just beats....

dress policy is simple, no hats, no jeans, no nigger gear.....

guido fist pumping is encourage

dancing on the bar is required....

I am, come sept, my Dj's, my staff, my door policy my everything. All I got to do is find a stuggling club, which will be easy and turn that fucker out.... here is some of my ideas

Jersey and NYC djs......

no hype just beats....

Hmmmmmm I like this guy, lol but can i take off my shirt and wear sneakers and Addidas pants just like in my Home clubs in NYC?

At leat I get free entrance, andCan JP open up and whos the residents DJ's?

:D

Originally posted by saleen351

whats next, a new shadow lounge?

Shadow never closed it just moved a little north. ;)

BTW another wanna be promoter/owner with no money but with all the right ideas.... how refreshing.

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by xtreme-1

Jersey and NYC djs......

no hype just beats....

Hmmmmmm I like this guy, lol but can i take off my shirt and wear sneakers and Addidas pants just like in my Home clubs in NYC?

At leat I get free entrance, andCan JP open up and whos the residents DJ's?

:D

don't worry, we will have monthly Tempts/ SF night... capris and shirts off!!!!!! just the way god intended it..........

hell, even if I cant' get denny or JP, we'll just throw on a prerecorded mx set from them and put a cardboard cut out of them in the booth..... it would still be a million times better then what we have now:D

Originally posted by shroomy

Shadow never closed it just moved a little north. ;)

u mean south? to Level?....if so, not the same vibe or people....there will never be another Shadow....:(

R.I.P.

Shadow Lounge

(Shadow Resident 1999-last night of George Acosta)

Thanks for the good times....:)