Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Who is The Best Light Guy

he and JP are a sick team...its like Revlon knows every song and can set the lights perfectly to it.....also the way he controls the lights during the shows, and during Vivacious's walks....

I dont really know about lights at Exit, but the lighting at Roxy blows...I havent been to Webster in two years and Vinyl isnt exactly known for its lighting......hands down, The Goddess of Light gets my vote

BG

Originally posted by mikeylights

A question like that could only come from a frustrated L.D.

Anyone in the bussiness thats good, knows his/her music well

or is a dj also:confused:

True... Hence why Ariel (the light guy at Vinyl) was spinning during DT's hiatus. Ariel has a unique style, the massive amounts of strobe create a whole different experience than any other club.

Revlon has done some really nice stuff with those rotating lights that I've seen.

Originally posted by mikeylights

A question like that could only come from a frustrated L.D.

Anyone in the bussiness thats good, knows his/her music well

or is a dj also:confused:

I disagree. Just like DJing, lighting is a skill. I've been clubbing for 7 years, long enough to be able to differentiate between off the hook light shows and crappy light shows. It's ultimately subjective, but IMO, Scotto is the best I've encountered.

im not really sure on this, but

The OLD limelight

back in like 91-94ish?

Who did those light's?

REMEMBER? i mean it was nothing GRAND like today's Eqp and shit but omg, with what little Stuff it had, it sure did a punch

and there also use to be a BIG metal Circle, Bar,that would come to The FLOOr, and had lights all hooked up to it

not sure if this was LL or the Saint" One of those clubs anyway

That was PHAT

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

AND THE DOME.......this prob just blew over all your head's

im a old fuck>>

Originally posted by £ddie

Shame!!! Don't any of you remember Scotto from Twilo (and other places)??!?!?!! His lighting was insane!!! I haven't seen many light guys, including Revlon who have been able to do what he does.

mobylightstills.jpg

attachment.php?s=&postid=689480

dubshow%20m7%20.gif

Dubtribe%20@%20M7.gif

damn i was just gonna say the same guy...he knows his shit

his website is www.drop.com

Originally posted by ibclubbin

he and JP are a sick team...its like Revlon knows every song and can set the lights perfectly to it.....also the way he controls the lights during the shows, and during Vivacious's walks....

I dont really know about lights at Exit, but the lighting at Roxy blows...I havent been to Webster in two years and Vinyl isnt exactly known for its lighting......hands down, The Goddess of Light gets my vote

BG

what a fuckin moron...

twilo light guy...

Originally posted by IamSleepy

light guy? who the fuck cares?

i know i know, who's the best floor sweeper?

i vote for jose :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

another fuckin moron...

the lights add to the ambiance and environment, which are key to the entire clubbing experience...

please prove me otherwise, you drowsy piece of shit....

Twilo guy was pretty sick. JP and Revlon have been together for a long while so Revlon basically can read JP no problem. Revlon and SF had some sick lighting back in the day. Wish they had some of the lighting they used to use. Anyone remember the blue lights from SF? those who know, know. At vinyl i feel like I'm in a dark black cave with flashes of light. Twilo guy and Steve Revlon from SF get my votes hands down.

Scott O is hands down the best......he did opening night at Vinyl way back in the day.......he did Twilo....he helped invent the tecnobeam. he said he even did Exit once and said dave Marivisi tried to screw him over as far as getting paid what a surprise. :rolleyes: Cool guy too I met him at a rave where bad boy bill, keoki , and Frankie Bones were spinning he was doing there lighting. Like someone already posted check him out at www.drop.com

Originally posted by highmay

another fuckin moron...

the lights add to the ambiance and environment, which are key to the entire clubbing experience...

please prove me otherwise, you drowsy piece of shit....

wow, such hostility... but in person you're the sweetest thing..

now shut the fuck up

steve revlon is gettin his own booth in sf to the left of jps booth so he can look over at jp should be done in a month or so if not it will deff be done for the summer his lighting booth is supposed to be insane lookin from wat im hearing also for all the people that party downstairs to me or cleveland were gettin a whole new sound system downstairs wit equal kick to the main floor but in a smaller room also there workin on makin the downstairs dj booth sound proof like jp's that should deff be done in 3 weeks. . . .

> > SaL kLuTcH

Originally posted by djklutch

steve revlon is gettin his own booth in sf to the left of jps booth so he can look over at jp should be done in a month or so if not it will deff be done for the summer his lighting booth is supposed to be insane lookin from wat im hearing also for all the people that party downstairs to me or cleveland were gettin a whole new sound system downstairs wit equal kick to the main floor but in a smaller room also there workin on makin the downstairs dj booth sound proof like jp's that should deff be done in 3 weeks. . . .

> > SaL kLuTcH

I dont understand he already has his own booth kind of... It's connected to the main booth but there is no door in between. Do you mean that they are gunna make a seperate room for Revlon

Originally posted by highmay

then you should have never chimed in with your opinion...now please...kill yourself...

fuck you dood....i never said a word about Twilo and the fucking name of the thread is a question, in other words (for retards like you) the person who wrote it was ASKING FOR OPINIONS....

do i have to spell it out for your slow ass?

BG