Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Before too many rumors start ** Vinyl Fire last night

so we got there a lil after 3, and there were at least 5 firetrucks and scattered clubbers in the soaking rain... went to a bar in the area to see if the comotion would die down... walked in and 'always' on back2basics cd 1 was playing, with some danny fans dancing! after an hour the bartender announced that vinyl was open and danny was spinning, and everyone ran over... after 1/2 hour wait, in the torrential downpours, they let us in for cheaper than usual (thanx Kevin). The place was empty and stayed that way with a LOT of security... dt was a lil vocally, and a tad monotonous... it started to get better around 6:30, but by then the events of the evening had taken their toll and we bounced (into the pouring rain again!)...

I was there through the entire tragedy..........

Two people dead, dozens injured in the commotion

Seriously though, we're listening to the opening dj and all of a sudden a weird sound starts blasting through all the music. People look at each other like 'is this the song'?

Talked to DT on the street about it. In the kitchen (yes, vinyl apparently has a kitchen) some momo decides to put out a grease fire in a garbage can lined with a plastic bag. Well, the bag went up in flames along with a few other garbage bags around it. The place fills up with smoke and that nasty burning plastic smell and everyone has to evacuate around quarter of three or so.

Instead of standing in the street getting drenched, trancend, nyclubgoddess and I decide to go to a deli to keep dry when we find out there are about 10 other vinyl patrons chillin there too. The guy behind the register puts on KTU and we all started dancing around in the deli...........yeah

Anyway, they started letting people back in around 4:30. Place was not that packed all night.......pleasant change. Just one of those nights.

Originally posted by djjonstephen

Seriously though, we're listening to the opening dj and all of a sudden a weird sound starts blasting through all the music. People look at each other like 'is this the song'?

Talked to DT on the street about it. In the kitchen (yes, vinyl apparently has a kitchen) some momo decides to put out a grease fire in a garbage can lined with a plastic bag. Well, the bag went up in flames along with a few other garbage bags around it. The place fills up with smoke and that nasty burning plastic smell and everyone has to evacuate around quarter of three or so.

Instead of standing in the street getting drenched, trancend, nyclubgoddess and I decide to go to a deli to keep dry when we find out there are about 10 other vinyl patrons chillin there too. The guy behind the register puts on KTU and we all started dancing around in the deli...........yeah

Anyway, they started letting people back in around 4:30. Place was not that packed all night.......pleasant change. Just one of those nights.

JUST ADMIT IT!!! You were trying to show justin how to cook up some moushaka and things got out of hand...

Originally posted by joeg

JUST ADMIT IT!!! You were trying to show justin how to cook up some moushaka and things got out of hand...

I think you were playing matches Joe - I told you can't play with matches until you turn 19!!! lol

hahaha you two......... damn always gotta be some drama .................... well, I wish I was just getting in from Vinyl instead of getting ready to go back to work hope you all had a good time with all that room on the dance floor :)

Originally posted by djjonstephen

u shoulda came to off the wagon man..u coulda helped me drag these people to vinyl..sighhhhh

Originally posted by trancend

lainie and george why didnt i see either of you?

i went to the gym and like super seted to death came home and just crashed and passed out for like 3 hours woke up wasn't in the mood for travel so i just made fun of a few aol people and went bed :laugh: i do live the life i will say ;)

Originally posted by apotheosis

ahh nothing beats the twilo fire! :)

btw, Jon, did you say you were DANCING to KTU!?!?!?

and that Louie Devito CD in your living room, you SURE its not yours?!?? hmmmmm ???

I don't own a Louie DeVito disk you happy hard house playin twerp.......

And to answer everyone's question..............it was in the kitchen and DT confirmed all of this with me.