Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Open Decks Returns

yeh this is bullshit..if they allow only 2 people in with a dj..ur gona have like a total of 24 people there per day..thats some bullshit man...i hope we misinterpreted it..if not....im gona fill in for a spot..then im gona get up there..and wreck worse than draper..fuck the needles up...and blow out the speakers..or ill just come and play SOnique over and over again

Originally posted by djjonstephen

Now I know there is a god.........

I'll be there shortly:)

bitch..u better put me down as one of ur guests or somethin if this 2 person per dj thing is true..i dont feel like beggin roha and trancend or someone eheh...

HEY I CAN SEE THAT THERE IS ALOT OF CONFUSION WITH THE RETURN OF OPEN DECKS SO HERE IS THE DEAL. WE HAVE DECIDED TO CONCENTRATE MORE ON THE DJ NOT THE CROWD. UNFORTUNATLY THINGS CANNOT BE AS THEY ONCE WERE WE WANT TO BRING THE PARTY BACK BUT AT THE SAME TIME WE WANT TO PROMOTE ALL YOU UP AND COMMING DJ'S OUT THERE. WITH ALL THE COMPETITION OUT THERE WE WANT TO PROVIDE UP AND COMMING DJ'S AN EASY WAY TO PROMOTE THEMSELVES. SO HERE ARE THE RULES.

1. THE COST FOR A 1 HOUR SLOT IS 5.OO

2. THERE WILL BE 11 SLOTS AVAILABLE STARTING AT 12 NOON AND ENDING AT 11 PM.

3. DJ'S CAN BRING 2 GUESTS ONLY

4. WE WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ACCEPT PEOPLE AT THE DOOR THIS IS A DJ AND THERE GUESTS ONLY EVENT.

5. DJ'S NEED TO PRE-REGISTER BY EMAIL PSEUDODEN@YAHOO.COM OR BY PHONE 212-219-3060 EXTENSION 3028.

OKAY THOSE ARE THE RULES NOW HERE IS WHAT WE HAVE TO OFFER TO THE DJ'S THAT SIGNUP.

1. THE CREATION OF A PERSONAL PAGE ON THE PSEUDO SITE THAT WILL HAVE YOUR PIC, BIO, PICTURE AND AN ARCHIVE OF YOUR SET W/ YOUR CONTACT INFO.

2. LIVE INTERNET BROADCAST OVER THE NET W/ VIDEO AND AUDIO. (YOU MAY NEVER KNOW WHO IS LISTENING)

IF YOU HAVE ANYMORE QUESTIONS EMAIL US AT PSEUDODEN@YAHOO.COM OR CALL 212-219-3060 EXTENSION 3028

THANKS

I wish it was the same too. and to ghhhost hey we would like to make it a party again but to many people took advantage of us in the begining Iam not saying it was the CP people but it was others that made it the way it is now. We still want to offer up and comming dj's a chance to showcase their talent though thats why we have brought it back. once again I say this is about the dj we tried to please both the crowd and the dj and learned that a small minority of the crowd just took advantage of us. sadly its the actions of few that screwed it up for the rest of you guys. sorry but things just have to be this way.

so it's $5 for the dj for an hour and his/her two guests? (didn't mention a door cover for the dj's guests so i'll assume there isn't one? - this is actually a good incentive for every dj to invite two people along.)

guys you may or may not realize it, but the ratio we had before was damn close to 3:1 ANYWAY and the earlier opening/closing times definately has a couple of advantages... the first being the obvious dregs-of-the-earth showing up like clockwork at around 11:30/midnight ; the second being the possibility to cater to a younger/academic crowd (people dropping in between classes and stuff, but before going out that night or to a late class).

i also totally dig the personal page on the site and audio archive ideas. makes the $5 seem trivial.

Originally posted by thehacker

the second being the possibility to cater to a younger/academic crowd (people dropping in between classes and stuff, but before going out that night or to a late class).

but if the only people allowed in are dj's no one can really stop in

i say we have a clubplanet day......we wouldnt be more then 20 people anyway, so we'll just have 10 of us spin and everyone brings 2 guests

Originally posted by liqidxtc

so let me get this straight.. if im spinning, there's only 2 of my guests listening and NO ONE Else? or it meant that 2 of my guests were let in for free and everyone else with me has to pay?

for dj's by dj's - hear me out... these guys have obviously given this a lot of thought and planning and i think it's a good solution to the just-anyone-can-show up problem they've had in the past... ask yourself, how often is it that more than 2 of your friends can actually get their act together to come with you Anywhere? i think you'll find 3 is often a magic number and it definately gives all attendees to psuedo a sense of purpose and not to just drink a lot and trash the place.

let's say 8 of us go and spin, and actually manage to arrange for 2 people to be with each of us, then that means there's 24 people there total, all whom we know and respect and genuinely want to hang out with. 24 people is a pretty big meetup. hell, it's downright amazing when 24 people can actually decide to do One thing at a particular time on a particular day.

think about it.

Well the only problem with that is it's not on the weekends, and it's during the day. I realize a few people might not have stuff to do during the day, but I highly doubt that 24 people would be willing to call off from work. If we don't get it started until 6, then it's about 12 people, which still isn't horrendous, but....

Which leads me to reiterate that if anyone actually wants to hear me spin, I do it every Sunday. Plus, if people show up there specifically to hear me, then the owner won't be able to bitch that I should be playing Cafe Del Mar type shit instead of what I spin.

Either way, I'll probably test it out one day just to get down the big room echo....

another thing:

(cp people/friends wise)

ya know there are other people going to fill slots. . .

so lets say only 3 of the cp dj's get on after 6 (yep when everyone gets out of work and stuff. . .you just know those are going to be the toughest spots that everyone wants lol - im putting aside rooms for confusion's sake). . .those 3 are going to bring their close friends. . .doesnt matter how many guests that equals to (6) or what not. . .what about the rest of us?

(hoping someone understands that)

:( guess joe was right. . .not coming *unless i whore a dj who can whore a spot to whore me in lol

But i suppose the quality of the party is better. . .promoting talent is always a good thing. icon14.gif:drunk:

ALRIGHT ALRIGHT I CAN SEE THAT WE HAVE CAUSED TO MUCH CONFUSION WITH ALL THE NEW RULES AND SUCH. SO WE HERE AT PSEUDO HAVE DECIDED TO GIVE YOU THE PEOPLE WHAT YOU WANT AND THATS THE OPEN DECKS THAT YOU ALL HAVE MISSED. SO THIS THURSDAY AND THIS THURSDAY ONLY WE WILL HAVE OPEN DECKS JUST THE WAY YOU REMEMBER IT WITH ALL TWO ROOMS OF GLORY. SO THIS THURSDAY THE 23RD FROM 7PM-1AM WE WILL HAVE OPEN DECKS REMEMBER IT IS FIRST COME FIRST SERVE AND TO ALL THAT PRE-REGISTERED WE WILL STILL SAVE YOUR SPOTS. WE WILL BE TAKING NO MORE PRE REGISTRATIONS AS OF TODAY IT IS FIRST COME FIRST SERVE. ALSO THE PRICE TO PLAY IS NOW 10.00 DOLLARS BUT ITS DEFF WORTH IT. COME TO THE KICK OFF PARTY TO WELCOME BACK OPEN DECKS. IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS CALL 212-219-3060 EXTENSION 3028 OR EMAIL PSEUDODEN@YAHOO.COM

ON THE S.E. CORNER OF B'WAY AND HOUSTON

PRICE: 10.00 GENERAL ADMISSION

TIME: 7PM-1AM

ALRIGHT THIS IS THE FINAL NOTICE WE ARE GOING TO POST ABOUT THIS EVENT. WE ARE GIVING THE PEOPLE WHAT THEY WANT SO PLEASE DO NOT TAKE ADVANTAGE OF US HERE AT PSEUDO. RESPECT THATS ALL WE ASK