What gym are you a member of?

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by zerokewl

bally's totally useless gym :blown:

to many ppl there and a complete lacking of really good equipment :mad:

worst mistake of my life..3 yr contract too..im an idiot..it sux so bad that i hate going!! their hours of operation r balllz..they never fix their machines..man..its horribble..

and CHula..Equinox in the city?? isnt that like 160 a mth???

Originally posted by £ddie

Bally's is awful. Leave it for the cardiobunnies.

Their classes are good if that's what you're interested in (I had a free 2 wk trial), but a three year membership??? No fawkin way!!!

Originally posted by tastyt

Their classes are good if that's what you're interested in (I had a free 2 wk trial), but a three year membership??? No fawkin way!!!

That's why I like New York Sports. No contracts, just a month to month deal and I get to use any of their gyms in the city. 3 years is crazy. :blank:

Originally posted by nycchic24

Crunch, usually the one by my house on 83rd and columbus.. .

but yeah just like NYSC you can use any of hte gyms in the city

Didn't Bally buy Crunch, or vice versa?

Originally posted by turpentyine

I dunno it seems good to me. I never really had any problems there and the equipment is good, and I don do cardio.

Well the Bally's I've been to have dumbbells that top out at 85 pounds. I need much higher than that. Free weights are a big deal to me, and their free weights IMO are inadequate.

Originally posted by ghhhhhost

worst mistake of my life..3 yr contract too..im an idiot..it sux so bad that i hate going!! their hours of operation r balllz..they never fix their machines..man..its horribble..

and CHula..Equinox in the city?? isnt that like 160 a mth???

definately tru about there hours and they never fix there machines. also at the one i go to the ac has been broken like forever:mad: i started there in 96 and have obviously been out of contract for a while. the last 2 have been free for me and it will continue until november so i keep going. also when i have to start paying again it will only be like 10 bucks for life so i dont mind. when i joined in 96 i payed 25 bucks down and 23.25 for 3 years. since then only 9 bucks until i got it for free for signing up 2 ppl :D i work out at my job in the morning which has nice equipment then at bally's at night.

Originally posted by nycchic24

Crunch, usually the one by my house on 83rd and columbus.. .

but yeah just like NYSC you can use any of hte gyms in the city

I'm at Crunch too, but the one in my hood. 59th and 2nd.