Clubplanet Nightlife Community

my complaint to vinyl

Originally posted by echostar

everyone always complains about the "roxy and exit types" ruining vinyl.......so then why are vinyl parties promoted at roxy and exit?:confused:

You're just a little off there.......

Its the clubbers that complain, not the promoters. The promoters are promoting their parties at Exit, SF, and Roxy to try to lure numbers.....nothing more.

And its not because someone might perfer going to Exit, SF or Roxy that makes the crowd bad.....its the number of people at the Friday DT parties that are all doing the same thing there. Every girl is standing around gawking at each other, pushing people, and talking about clothes, either that or in the chill out room standing around ridiculing the chick walking by with UFO's because its not the latest line presented by sluts r' us. Every guy has their shirt off showing off their brand new tribal tatt that is still puffy because they just got it the day before, showdow boxing and playing it off as the sf dance move, or pushing people out of their way in their never-ending lap around the club.

Its the attitude that the masses from those places bring that sucks.....and thats why the people that used to go to vinyl long before this shit are upset.

Originally posted by djjonstephen

The promoters are promoting their parties at Exit, SF, and Roxy to try to lure numbers.....nothing more.

Since when does Vinyl need numbers? And since when has anyone other than Rob Fernandez been involved with promoting Vinyl? And when did he begin promoting at Exit, SF, or Roxy? The promoters at those clubs are promoting a legitemate after-hours party for the sole purpose of lending legitemacy to their weak-ass parties, and they're way out of line. If you ask me, Vinyl needs to stop honoring silly deals like getting reduced admission with a Roxy card... or even go a step further and up the cover charge to 30, up it to 25 for the CP guestlist and keep the 17 dollar reduced admission on "real" lists.

They do what they can... show up to Vinyl at 5am all dolled up looking like you just came from Roxy and they'll keep you outside for 15 minutes while they let some regulars in. It's well intended, but its not enough and it's just too arbitrary.

Originally posted by aphelion

Since when does Vinyl need numbers? And since when has anyone other than Rob Fernandez been involved with promoting Vinyl? And when did he begin promoting at Exit, SF, or Roxy? The promoters at those clubs are promoting a legitemate after-hours party for the sole purpose of lending legitemacy to their weak-ass parties, and they're way out of line. If you ask me, Vinyl needs to stop honoring silly deals like getting reduced admission with a Roxy card... or even go a step further and up the cover charge to 30, up it to 25 for the CP guestlist and keep the 17 dollar reduced admission on "real" lists.

You gotta point there but you are just a little off on a few points here....

There are a lot of subpromoters promoting a lot of parties including DT's Be Yourself party........they are the ones handing out fliers......one for Exit and Tony Draper, one for Sound Factory and whoever plays on Fridays, Paul Van Dyk at Exit, then DT at vinyl.

Also, its the SF crowd that comes decked out at 5 in the morning. SF heads consider the Friday party "Their afterhours for Fridays" and continue with going to sf on Saturday.

Furthermore, raising the price would only increase the amount of Exit, Roxy, SF regulars. They are used to paying rediculous prices and would continue no matter what as long as they can get their drugs throughout the night. The regular people going to that party would completely be turned away because not only of the price, but because of the insult. Not everyone knows of a guestlist....not even the vinyl regulars.

I don't have the answers to change the party and make it to what it was......but thats life.

the big question is, why do you really care? if you're there all about being yourself, you're spending an aweful lot of time criticizing the likes of others, since my first time at vinyl to my most recent it's been about having a good time, ignore what others do, wear, have, say, drink, eat, take and so on and so forth and concentrate on making it an enjoyable and memorable night for yourselves, because it is about.... being yourself i'd presume... i can understand that an unapreciative crowd could spoil it for some, but there isn't much you can do to stop people from going to one of the hottest after hours spots in nyc... suck it up...

Originally posted by lifeboy

the big question is, why do you really care? if you're there all about being yourself, you're spending an aweful lot of time criticizing the likes of others, since my first time at vinyl to my most recent it's been about having a good time, ignore what others do, wear, have, say, drink, eat, take and so on and so forth and concentrate on making it an enjoyable and memorable night for yourselves, because it is about.... being yourself i'd presume... i can understand that an unapreciative crowd could spoil it for some, but there isn't much you can do to stop people from going to one of the hottest after hours spots in nyc... suck it up...

:aright:

Phuture Funk. I think Donnie made a mistake. He said, The vinyl parties are great, but what they need to do is promote for regular people. and not those fuckin freaks that go to vinyl. I think he meant, the freaks that go from Roxy or Exit to Vinyl at 5 or 6 in the mourning.

Originally posted by djjonstephen

You're just a little off there.......

Its the clubbers that complain, not the promoters. The promoters are promoting their parties at Exit, SF, and Roxy to try to lure numbers.....nothing more.

And its not because someone might perfer going to Exit, SF or Roxy that makes the crowd bad.....its the number of people at the Friday DT parties that are all doing the same thing there. Every girl is standing around gawking at each other, pushing people, and talking about clothes, either that or in the chill out room standing around ridiculing the chick walking by with UFO's because its not the latest line presented by sluts r' us. Every guy has their shirt off showing off their brand new tribal tatt that is still puffy because they just got it the day before, showdow boxing and playing it off as the sf dance move, or pushing people out of their way in their never-ending lap around the club.

Its the attitude that the masses from those places bring that sucks.....and thats why the people that used to go to vinyl long before this shit are upset.

werd

former complaints....

http://bbs.clubplanet.com/showthread.php?threadid=76994

Originally posted by danwilson

Phuture Funk. I think Donnie made a mistake. He said, The vinyl parties are great, but what they need to do is promote for regular people. and not those fuckin freaks that go to vinyl. I think he meant, the freaks that go from Roxy or Exit to Vinyl at 5 or 6 in the mourning.

. . . well . . see. . it's kinda funny in a way . . recently, i've been taking a much more mild stance to things in nightlife . . . yea yea, I used to preach about the warping and mangling of the scene by the trendies, hipsters, duggies . . etc etc . . . and at times I still do . .

. . . This weekend however . . it did something to me . . . I saw my favorite crew throw down this weekend . . . and it was pure joy . . Did it completely sober to boot . . . Danced harder that I ever have in my entire life . . . I was happy . . , something I've forgotten so much about . . . going upstairs though, I had an epiphany of sorts . . A friend and I walked around the catwalks . . . sea full of cracked out kiddies . . . .

. . . Pathetic and beautiful all at the same time . . . I went up to this cat right. . . and gave him the "Ya Feeling Good!! . . :D . ." . . uplifting drugspeak . . . he just kinda lolled his head and gave me a yeah (and a crooked fist punch in the air . .) . . At that point I realized . .

. . . It really doesn't matter . . . cause in the end, we're all cockroaches for being there . . high or not . . .

. . . That's the core of nightlife . . . to go out and be around different people, desirable or not ( [ read quickly!! ]and occasionally, just occasionally eat enough schedule 1 amphetamines to kill a horse, then chase it with a helping of Xanex that could sink the Queen Mary) . . . . it's all in the experience. . . and the music drives it . . . that simple. . .

. . . It only took 5 almost 6 years . . .

. . . The Psychadelic Shack!! . . . :roll: . . .

. . . or something to that effect . . .

. . . :smoke:. . .

-Phuturephunk