Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Steve Lawler REVIEW???????

georgeacasta2

I thought it was pretty good, he took a while to warm up, once he did though around 3, shit was gettin pretty dark, definetely liked it, only recognized 3 tracks.

-Green Velvet - Flash

-Kylie Minogue - Love at First Sight

-Sweet Dreams (he closed with this, dont know which mix)

Vibe in there was fuckin sick, everyone was going nuts, and the CP crew was definetely a good time.

Mr.Acasta where were you, thought you were coming? :confused:

The set was good and he was spot on but it wasn't your typical Lawleresque type of set. It wasnt as tribally as I thought I was going to hear. He dropped down some really nice quirky beats. It was good hearing Flash dropped down.

Lights out on CROBAR!!!

I think its safe to say steve tore shit up!!!

Never seen crobar with this much set up for a guest dj!!!

did anyone catch what was on the monitors??

some twisted shit!!!!

the vibe was all over the place!

warmed up with his deep tribal funk...

then picked up the pace with love at first sight(skumfrog)

played mostly new tracks....

datar- u

dj rage-waiting (clamaran mix)

a sweet ass remix of depeche mode!!!

rest of nite was blur...

mainly just proging away at the crowd!!!

been waiting a long time to see this man live!

He made up for me missing him at ultra!

lost my voice by the end of the night!

is it just me or did they turn off the music early at 4:50?

LIGHTS OUT!!!

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by mikeydny

I thought it was pretty good, he took a while to warm up, once he did though around 3, shit was gettin pretty dark, definetely liked it, only recognized 3 tracks.

-Green Velvet - Flash

-Kylie Minogue - Love at First Sight

-Sweet Dreams (he closed with this, dont know which mix)

Vibe in there was fuckin sick, everyone was going nuts, and the CP crew was definetely a good time.

add

amber naked

U2 bootleg not sure the name but i have it if anyone wants it i have it

a remix of that old rock song, "all my dogs have a low rider"...."take me higher" pretty good track...

he sucked in my opinon, def not going back when hes there, i thought there was no energy, and I didn't see an serious mixing going on in the booth, just playing vinyls all night long....

dh in 2 weeks..

ps oscar had a good set at space last night... I listened to it on the radio... oscar at crobar? would be sick!!!!!!!!!!! just my 2 cents..

I thought he had a great set. The club was pretty fuckin slamming, I'd say! It wasn't as bad-ass as Digweed at Space or Seaman at Crobar in my opinion, but the music was awesome and I think Lawler definitely did a good job. I hadn't heard anything from Lawler before so I don't know how his set at Crobar compares to his other stuff but I have no complaints!

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by beatfriek

a sweet ass remix of depeche mode!!!

did he play that track early like 2am or so..... i was trying to id a track which I thought it was a new u2 mix....

I was glad it wasn't tribal. Pots n pans is boring me to death...I like it when a DJ has a little variety, and manages to keep an overall consistent theme.

Steve wrapped up at like 5 AM or a bit later, he stopped for like 30 seconds, kept everyone waiting, then fired off that sweet dreams remix.

I had a fun time, even though I got in at like 2 AM. His set was on par with what I caught at Nikki Beach Club during conference...

well the set was fine to me...however, i was a little distorted pretty much the whole time:screwy:, i was seeing double at one point so i was probably hearing double too. sounded good to me though.:aright:

..........the screens were a trip...i was looking at them backward and in the state i was in they were making me think i was dyslexic:what: !!!hahaha:laugh:

Originally posted by mikeydny

My better half wasn't feeling to good so we just ended up chillin. I'll def be out for DH.

Seems like the majority of the people on the board approve of Lawler's set. I'll check'm out 4 sure the next time he's in town.

HIS SET WAS DOPE

i knew he was gonna rip it just by the first track

i heard him rip a new track by choo choo romero

"shiney disco balls" that trracks just insane its still yet to be finished i was really suprised he even dropped that track

the depeche mode track was called enjoy the silence i think it was twisted dee addictive mix or the razormaid i forgot which he played

he played junior jack thrill me i forgot but someone from the board kept talkin to me about that track

i heard him dropping samples of dj vibes underground

which come to think of it had to be some bootleg mix thats out cause that shit was way to insane to just be an accapella over a track

oh well i gotta jump in the shower got some hotties to meet up with =)

I was gonna go, but I had a cold. Lawler.....I think I gotta be in the right mood to enjoy his stuff. Let me attempt to predict his set in algebraic terms:

Let x = bongos/tribal sounds

let y = orgasmic moaning

let z = plain ordinary non-melodic prog

So,

3y + 10x + 5z = Lawler set

am I right???

When I went to N. Carolina last summer, I was playing Lawler's nu breed while I was grilling steak outside the cabin in the forest in the evening.......all of that tribal stuff worked very well in such a setting, I was definitely feeling it. That's the kind of thing I want to hear if I'm outside......

Originally posted by patrickl

I think I gotta be in the right mood to enjoy his stuff. Let me attempt to predict his set in algebraic terms:

let y = orgasmic moaning

So,

patrick, you forgot about

r = spanish girl talk'ng...way too much!

& joey> nice call crackhead :tongue:

Originally posted by dizzyscarlet

..........the screens were a trip...i was looking at them backward and in the state i was in they were making me think i was dyslexic

u didnt know notice until i told u!!!:tongue:

his set was ok (as far as a usual Lawler set goes)...was expecting more dark tribal shit, but he did put up an ok set...i mean alot of tracks were good, but i guess i was expecting much better set....4 out of 5 stars for Lawler, although i have heard him spin much better in the past....

I thought his set was great... He took a while building it, but when he did... There was no going back... Not as dark as i expected, but thats not a bad thing... I really dig that Romero track as well, Enjoy the silence remix was awesome...

I missed the Sweet Dreams encore... But overall I really enjoyed the night ... The vibe @ Crobar was excellent as usual... Great hanging with the CP crew...

Props to Andrew for hookin it up with the invites...

p.s. - I think Mr.Mattas did a little over-indulging in the open bar...;)

Originally posted by joeygk

I heard about that. As long as you don't embarass yourself in front of the ladies it's all good. ;):laugh::D

Damn Pizza!!! i knew i had problems when my heartburn starting acting up...hey at least my head made it out the window in time....:vomit3:

I was down in Miami this weekend for the very first time and completely by chance, my group of bachelorettes and i (all native New Yorkers) decided to give CROBAR a try and it was probably the best decision we made!!

LAWLER was OFF THE HOOK! I haven't heard anything like that up here in the NY club scene in ages! We hit LEVEL on Saturday night and it was just as awesome!:spin2:

Originally posted by staceyg5

patrick, you forgot about

r = spanish girl talk'ng...way too much!

ehhhh crap, I knew I was forgetting a variable. I forgot about the token spanish girl, though maybe she falls under "orgasmic moaning" too?

I've missed my calling. One of these days, I'm gonna teach high school algebra :D

Originally posted by lipeoci

I was down in Miami this weekend for the very first time and completely by chance, my group of bachelorettes and i (all native New Yorkers) decided to give CROBAR a try and it was probably the best decision we made!!

LAWLER was OFF THE HOOK! I haven't heard anything like that up here in the NY club scene in ages! We hit LEVEL on Saturday night and it was just as awesome!:spin2:

well check out arc next saturday for howells and tenaglia and you'll see why nyc is one of the best cities in the world.

Originally posted by lipeoci

glad u had fun in our town...like nolimit said, check out arch this saturday!!! i am actually travelling to NYC for that event...its going to blow the lawler performance at Crobar out of the water....

i was in they were making me think i was dyslexic !!!hahaha

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Haa I am dylcix i always see like that haaa welcome to my world.!!

His set was awsome I loved the encore, even tho my body could bareley stay upright.

Let me attempt to predict his set in algebraic terms:

let y = orgasmic moaning

So,

Dude , did you just read, I am a dyslexci lol why post this!!!????

I gradamicated school high ( and got my MBA to lol)

please dont add more , just say yea or nay on what you thought

Yay for me