Clubplanet Nightlife Community

how did you come to choose your CP name?

Originally posted by quoth

ok..here goes the big mystery.

My fav all-time electronic musician is ambient/experimental producer, Aphex Twin. Now he performs under many alias's such as Polygon Window...in which he released an album called SURFING ON SINE WAVES, which is one of the all-time best electronic music albums ever made, and on it there is a song on there called, QUOTH...which also happens to be the name i spin under (not like im spinning anywhere at the moment lol) but it stuck with me. The song itself is an amazing production cause Richard D. James (Aphex Twin) is well known and documented for his sampled sounds of everyday life such as recording the digging of tunnels and making beats out of them.

For the song Quoth, he recorded his foot steps running up and down the stair of the London Underground subway and sequenced them into beats which produced an amazing song made out of sampled everyday sounds.

This picture here (which some of you may recognize as an old sig of mine) shows the cover of the 12" single which shows Aphex Twin running down the stairs as he is recording his foot work to turn into beats.

quoth.jpg

hm interesting. you learn somethin new every day...

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic