Clubplanet Nightlife Community

how did you come to choose your CP name?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by ghhhhhost

.....because i played ball thru HS and all the kids on my teams were usually all black..i was the single white guy..so they started callin me Ghost...and i put the 5 H's because i tend to drag out words when i speak..

~~~no shyttttttttttt sonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn....................:tongue:

Originally posted by rachel1997

Hmmmmm...

Well, my name is Rachel, and I wasn't going to put "fuckmenow69" or "ilovesex" or "iamhot" or "purdeygal" or some other thing, cuz usually those people are ugly and not good people, they just want the attention, so I used my name, which is me, and it was going to be 1977 - but I slipped and used 1997 so here I am!

:tongue:

hmm..im offended too :(

when i was university there were 2 jo's in my dorm, a josephine and a joanne....i was into rock climbing, kayaking and broke my collar bone and shoulder blade mountain biking so for some reason they called me psychojo....

heres what i did in italy in september......

attachment.php?postid=889463v

i've had mine forever (since '95) and ppl know me by that name so i kept it....i don't really care for it though. its the title of a song by a band called jawbreaker which im sure no one here's ever heard of.

my screen name before this one was "leviathan" cuz I was a fucking metalhead when I was a kid. I had that screen name on most BBS's throughout the U.S. and europe circa '89 - '94. heheh.

ok..here goes the big mystery.

My fav all-time electronic musician is ambient/experimental producer, Aphex Twin. Now he performs under many alias's such as Polygon Window...in which he released an album called SURFING ON SINE WAVES, which is one of the all-time best electronic music albums ever made, and on it there is a song on there called, QUOTH...which also happens to be the name i spin under (not like im spinning anywhere at the moment lol) but it stuck with me. The song itself is an amazing production cause Richard D. James (Aphex Twin) is well known and documented for his sampled sounds of everyday life such as recording the digging of tunnels and making beats out of them.

For the song Quoth, he recorded his foot steps running up and down the stair of the London Underground subway and sequenced them into beats which produced an amazing song made out of sampled everyday sounds.

This picture here (which some of you may recognize as an old sig of mine) shows the cover of the 12" single which shows Aphex Twin running down the stairs as he is recording his foot work to turn into beats.

quoth.jpg

Originally posted by dr0ne

i've had mine forever (since '95) and ppl know me by that name so i kept it....i don't really care for it though. its the title of a song by a band called jawbreaker which im sure no one here's ever heard of.

my screen name before this one was "leviathan" cuz I was a fucking metalhead when I was a kid. I had that screen name on most BBS's throughout the U.S. and europe circa '89 - '94. heheh.

I remeber Jawbreaker! I saw them in Connecticut if I remember correctly! Circa 1993 or 1994.

Legend was a nickname given to me by a guy I played baseball with in 7th grade. It caught on and I was called Legend or Leg (pronounced "lej") more then I was called Larry.

38 was the number I was given that year, I broke through and it stuck with me :)

Originally posted by quoth

ok..here goes the big mystery.

My fav all-time electronic musician is ambient/experimental producer, Aphex Twin. Now he performs under many alias's such as Polygon Window...in which he released an album called SURFING ON SINE WAVES, which is one of the all-time best electronic music albums ever made, and on it there is a song on there called, QUOTH...which also happens to be the name i spin under (not like im spinning anywhere at the moment lol) but it stuck with me. The song itself is an amazing production cause Richard D. James (Aphex Twin) is well known and documented for his sampled sounds of everyday life such as recording the digging of tunnels and making beats out of them.

For the song Quoth, he recorded his foot steps running up and down the stair of the London Underground subway and sequenced them into beats which produced an amazing song made out of sampled everyday sounds.

This picture here (which some of you may recognize as an old sig of mine) shows the cover of the 12" single which shows Aphex Twin running down the stairs as he is recording his foot work to turn into beats.

quoth.jpg

That's really phat, mike! Whenever i head to belgium, Aphex is HUGE there, and he's got TONS literally TONS of bootleg albums and singles, prolly lots of remix's of QUOTH...

What a sick way to create beats. the dude has got talent up the Wazoooo...

oh, and my name is gmccookny (1st initial, last name, im from New York) but everyone calls me papa smurf b/c im Belgian (where the smurfs come from) and im kinda wise and leader-like when i want to be :blank:

Originally posted by gmccookny

That's really phat, mike! Whenever i head to belgium, Aphex is HUGE there, and he's got TONS literally TONS of bootleg albums and singles, prolly lots of remix's of QUOTH...

What a sick way to create beats. the dude has got talent up the Wazoooo...

oh, and my name is gmccookny (1st initial, last name, im from New York) but everyone calls me papa smurf b/c im Belgian (where the smurfs come from) and im kinda wise and leader-like when i want to be :blank:

damn i always thought you had a job as a cook or something. :laugh:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Bro....i said the same shit to him when i met him.

Quoth:So whats gmccookny mean?

Gmcookny:Well, my first name is George and my last name is McCook and i live ny.

Quoth: ::laughs hysterically: Bro, this whole fuckin time i thought it meant that...you drive a GMC truck and yer a COOKING major at college in NY. :laugh:

btw...G, fuckin....AFX is big in Belgium prolly cause his first major record label that he signed to before WARP records was R&S RECORDS in Belgium...and if anyone knows..R&S puts out some SIIIIIIIIIICK electronic music...least they usta...but hell some good fuckin Ken Ishi shit on R&S.

:laugh2:

You know, i get that a lot (as quoth so rightly mentioned ;)-). I actually wanted to be a cook back in the day, and i'd watch all those cooking shows, Bobby Flay, Yan Can Cook, Frugal Gourmet , and take notes on the preparation.

But what it comes down to, im just a mutt :cool: