Clubplanet Nightlife Community

What's your mantra... if you have one..

yeah the only thing that gets me through the week is knowing I'll hear some really good music and lose myself in it.....

Joe, that's me now if I have any successful attempts in trying other methods of getting thru I'll let you know...

Cascades of colour run right through your hands

Your castles in the sky fall back into sand

You find you're swept away with no helping hand

The music is your beacon back to dry land.

That one song has gotten me through many hard times....

My main mantra is not about Happiness but Acceptance:

Embrace Your Furriness

Embrace Your Furriness

It's one of my away messages.

I also say:

Let it go, Let it flow (The Way of the Peaceful Warrior)

Or

Not a mantra, but a big pause and a thought:

"What the f-ck are you reall upset about? "

(that will usually put it all in perspective and if it doesnt a big scoop of Ben & Jerrys does the trick)

Originally posted by snoozi8

am I stupid....what song is that?

Ananda Project - Cascades of Color (track 4 on DT London disc 1, if that helps at all...)

I also think of things in terms of "spheres of influence"... some things are quite simply beyond my control (i.e., outside my sphere of influence), therefore it's not worth it for me to get worked up about them, since no amount of stress or worries will change them. That kind of "oh well" thinking has also helped me a lot. :)

Originally posted by joeg

I don't have one... I think thats my problem...

If things suck... I just look at everything... and say "wow... this sucks... what the fuck do I even bother waking up in the morning for..."

yup pretty much...recently i've been absurdly depressed too, and i dunno whatv the hell is causing it or what to do about it!! EVERY morning is that why do i even bother waking up thought. bla, i need someone to cuddle with :(

i'm not one to get upset or mad easily but if i do, i jus tell myself it's not worth getting upset over, deal and get over it. usually i'll call one of my friends and we'd talk for a couple hours, and it gets me in a better mood.

if not, music, writing, or drawing - anything i like to do - helps too :D

Originally posted by phuturephunk

. . . When I'm down . . . I just stand up . . . clench my fists and say " X Saturday's from now Howells will come again, and I will eat more pills . . " . . Where "X" equals the number of saturdays before the last one in the month . . . simple . . :aright: . . .

mike... I really... REALLY wish I was a pill-munching cochroach some days... just so i'd have that one...

mark: yeah... i'd love to tell you something inspirational like "but things get better..." but they don't... or atleast not for extended periods of time... hope you have better luck than myself...

*shrugs*

Originally posted by hoke

Cascades of colour run right through your hands

Your castles in the sky fall back into sand

You find you're swept away with no helping hand

The music is your beacon back to dry land.

That one song has gotten me through many hard times....

yo that song is rediculous, i'd probably suck dick for it on vinyl

Originally posted by joeg

I don't have one... I think thats my problem...

If things suck... I just look at everything... and say "wow... this sucks... what the fuck do I even bother waking up in the morning for..."

yeah i can completely relate to that...but usually i'll just play a cd that energizes me and that i can sing to - like tool or something equally aggressive/emotionally charged - and/or write/sketch...by the end of the cd i realize i was being ridiculous by worrying and i'm off on my merry way....

u don't need a mantra - just realize the following: without pain their is no joy or pleasure, without depression there is no happiness. you can't enjoy the highs if you have no lows to compare them to - u just can't appreciate them.

so, just repeat to yourself: "LIfe is pain. What doesn't kill me makes me stronger" and you will be pleasantly surprised at how many things better than that happen to you each day.