Clubplanet Nightlife Community

What is #2 after N.Y.??????

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ibiza is cheap commercial clubland. The Disneyland of clubbing... a glorified Spring Break.

N-Y is an amazing city but your clubs are all disapearing... thanks to Rudy.

#1 authentic clubbing town = Barcelona. It's in their blood.

#1 1/2 = Montreal

Man, there really is options

they have the best DJs in the world you're right. But the fact is I've also seen most of them right here in Montreal. The difference is when I saw them in Ibiza they fed me their most commercial stuff.

In terms of clubs though... I really dont see what impresses you so much. Tell me about the general atmosphere of the island and I can understand but the clubs??? Nothing special, no magic. Sorry man but I've seen a lot better.

I dont know man... compare it to movies. Is Hollywood the mecca of the movie industry? Might be but I'm looking for "foreign/repertoir" ya know. I need more subtlety.

By the way, what you quoted from me was destined to our new neo-nazi aAlabama friend who had some pretty surprising pics posted. Nothing to do with anyones choice as 1st clubbing spot

Originally posted by jonnyb

Man, there really is options

they have the best DJs in the world you're right. But the fact is I've also seen most of them right here in Montreal. The difference is when I saw them in Ibiza they fed me their most commercial stuff.

In terms of clubs though... I really dont see what impresses you so much. Tell me about the general atmosphere of the island and I can understand but the clubs??? Nothing special, no magic. Sorry man but I've seen a lot better.

I dont know man... compare it to movies. Is Hollywood the mecca of the movie industry? Might be but I'm looking for "foreign/repertoir" ya know. I need more subtlety.

By the way, what you quoted from me was destined to our new neo-nazi aAlabama friend who had some pretty surprising pics posted. Nothing to do with anyones choice as 1st clubbing spot

i know i just planned on replying to you after one of your other posts but kept reading at which point i noticed you posted a few times... same difference..

i definetly understand what you're saying though.. i've actually never been there, going in august for the first time... i'm hoping what you're saying isn't completely the case... though i'll definetly have an amazing time regardless just for what you pointed out.. the atomsphere of the island..

but question, when u were there guys like cox, tenaglia, junior sanchez and the locals played more commercial??(commercial like you stated, more mainstream of their style though not necessarily some judge jules garbage...)

No man, was'nt a disaster musicwise. It was respectable "easy" music. Little too dance for my taste sometimes a little cheezzzy but allways tight.

Mind you I did'nt explore all there was to explore. I know I would'nt have found what I was looking for but I most probably would have found something better.

I guess Montreal has got me used to something different. Not beeing a major center like N-Y or London, we have to work(I work in the club/bars "industry" too) more the underground thing. Doing magic with little. So huge clubs, light shows and all dont do much for me.

Anyway man... my cues? Leave with a good credit card, rent a scooter or a car and dont do too much in the first few days. Meeting the right people, getting access to rthe right pharmaceuticals and learning about the good spots only starts to come together after a few days.

Rock that island man! and let me know when you come back ;)

Tell me if you need specific info.

later

• 2 weeks later...

Hey man. Me and a couple of my boys are coming to Montreal Aug 8th to the 11th. I'm from NY so I want to see what you're talking about. Do you know the dj lineup for some clubs(Stereo, Aria, Sona) that we can check out? Maybe even a meet up. Talk how Ibiza is cheese, I want to see Montreal bring it with you talking that smack. Any info would help me and my peeps do our best to have a blast in Montreal.:D

• 2 weeks later...

assuming that NYC is #1? errrr... i dont think so

nyc, miami, and ibiza are too pretentious, attitude-filled, and basically plain cheesey for me. a bunch of people more concerned with what others think of them than the music.

i prefer chicago and toronto - where people go out for the music because they actually LIKE it, not because it's "cool" to be in the dance scene now.

Originally posted by sxyaznchiq

assuming that NYC is #1? errrr... i dont think so

nyc, miami, and ibiza are too pretentious, attitude-filled, and basically plain cheesey for me. a bunch of people more concerned with what others think of them than the music.

i prefer chicago and toronto - where people go out for the music because they actually LIKE it, not because it's "cool" to be in the dance scene now.

I just got back from Chicago and it was a very nice city. Its now also in my top 5:)

Montreal????? hey, I've only been there once to party and I had the worst time. This past New years i was there and went to two places..."the Dome" and a place called "Cathedral". Maybe they do have some worthwhile clubs...but these two fucking sucked. please tell me that Montreal has more to offer than those.

Shocking!!!! Shame on whoever sent you to those clubs. Dome is the joke of Montreal's nightlife.

Next time you come make sure you go to Sona or Aria. Real clubs with international DJs

Really hope you have the chance to try it again. I've been around and Montreal definitely is on the circuit.

Right man see ya