Clubplanet Nightlife Community

What is #2 after N.Y.??????

Originally posted by jonnyb

hoy Frisky!

Cool to hear someone has appreciated Barcelona.

Where did you party when you were there?

Where you from hon'

God, I love Barcelona.

Id party around the Olympic Village, in Poble Nou, and Nou Comp theres so many discotecas in Barcelona. I can go on .... but Im not. Heh :cool:

Do you know of La Terrraza?

P.S Im in dallas

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm, a good question.

Most of my friends would say Historic South Beach in MiamiDade, but there are others who prefer Chicagoland. I can't say; I've never been to either city.

My choice: Cleveland OH, my hometown.

Don't laugh; we've been quietly adding to our scene over the past few years. You'll have to see it for yourself. Here's my favorite places:

Spy (http://www.spycleveland.com)

Touch (http://www.touchsupperclub.com

Velvet Tango Room (http://www.velvettangoroom.com)

Later in fall: Moda (http://www.modanightclub.com)

:cool:

oh don't even laugh at the 2:30 closing times.....we have to deal with 2am closing times in Boston.....and on weekdays in Providence, RI at clubs such as Metropolis closing time is 1am!

we get top notch and international DJ's on a weekly basis (Sasha on Thursday, Icey Friday this week) at Avalon here but the closing times are ridiculous! the only good thing we have going is Fridays Avalon opens up into 4 clubs (soon to be 5) and usually there will be top DJ's in both Avalon and Axis, right next door to each other and you can go back and forth between the two clubs. For instance last Friday was Sandra Collins in Avalon, Doc Martin in Axis. This friday is Jerry Bonham in Avalon, Icey in Axis, after having Sasha on Thursday. everywhere has it's own scene, and ours sucks big time. it's mainly because we don't have enough clubs getting in the big names and our early closing times. this is something we all complain about quite often. if we are lucky we get treated to great DJ's at afterhours. the last time i was at afterhours in Boston we had Porter, Cass and then a guest appearance by Satoshi Tomiie all in one night, from 2am - 7:30am (you are still laughing at the closing time i know) but hey it was quite a treat :D

• 2 weeks later...

Shocking!!!! Shame on whoever sent you to those clubs. Dome is the joke of Montreal's nightlife.

Next time you come make sure you go to Sona or Aria. Real clubs with international DJs

Really hope you have the chance to try it again. I've been around and Montreal definitely is on the circuit.

Right man see ya

I was at Sona during Canadian Grand Prix weekend in past June and it was one of the worst nights I had. 1st of all people on the street didn't know where the place was. I mean, I was literaly at the address by movie theather and entrance was behind by the parking lot. People were so scared and unfriendly when I asked them for directions to the club. Anyway .. Timo Maas supposed to spin that nite and he cancelled. I like the dungeon underground look but sound system was not close to what I am used to here in NYC. Then again there is only one NY. It was so hot in there I was fighting with people on the floor to stay in front of the fans cuz there is no AC in the place. Music sucked big time .. same beat over and over for 3 hrs straight. Finally I left the place at 8 AM.

Best part of the nite was getting freshly made to order omlet at a local cafe by a sweet french-canadian girl who spoke very little English and bread I picked up from bakery on my way back to hotel in the morning.

There is lotta potential and I will be back for Formula 1 again next year. I enjoyed strip club-hopping. Hands on lap dances are awesome :biggrin:

Originally posted by l155a

oh don't even laugh at the 2:30 closing times.....we have to deal with 2am closing times in Boston.....and on weekdays in Providence, RI at clubs such as Metropolis closing time is 1am!

we get top notch and international DJ's on a weekly basis (Sasha on Thursday, Icey Friday this week) at Avalon here but the closing times are ridiculous! the only good thing we have going is Fridays Avalon opens up into 4 clubs (soon to be 5) and usually there will be top DJ's in both Avalon and Axis, right next door to each other and you can go back and forth between the two clubs. For instance last Friday was Sandra Collins in Avalon, Doc Martin in Axis. This friday is Jerry Bonham in Avalon, Icey in Axis, after having Sasha on Thursday. everywhere has it's own scene, and ours sucks big time. it's mainly because we don't have enough clubs getting in the big names and our early closing times. this is something we all complain about quite often. if we are lucky we get treated to great DJ's at afterhours. the last time i was at afterhours in Boston we had Porter, Cass and then a guest appearance by Satoshi Tomiie all in one night, from 2am - 7:30am (you are still laughing at the closing time i know) but hey it was quite a treat :D

I was in Boston for the 1st time when Sasha was there 2 weeks ago. I was shocked to learn that Boston nitelife consists of few bars and clubs behind the baseball stadium. IS there other places to party in that town? I hope so for your sake

I love Prague.

I've spent many weeks there before just coming back to NYC (my parents live in Prague).

Great clubs, great vibe, great music (deep-progressive house) and AMAZING GIRLS :)

My favorites: Roxy, Radhost FX, Mecca and Industry

Anyone been there? you should try... lovely city...

Wow man! You're coming back at all the purists and elitists... with a vengance. A little heavy but I guess well diserved.

I've gotta say I agree with most of what you said. I like the "fuckin record spinner" part. It sure puts things back into perspective.

Fact is people go out clubbing for different reasons wich are all good. Friends, the crowd, the sexy chicks, the music, the drugs, the glam. Clubbing is all about not taking ourselves so seriously. We got all of fuckin' week long to do that. So sxyaznchiq give up the glorification of music and the purity of clubbing speech.

You gotta get real, everybody is concerned about what other people think of them. Living is interacting with people therefore making impressions. You can be ruled by them or play with them. Unless you live on top of fuckin' Everest, your playing the game just like everybody else. Or do you think the "purist - I'm only there for the music - I'm a true clubber" is somethin' new? It's OK but just as much as the "I'm there for the chick's" clubber.

Yet, I have to say Ibiza is cheap commercial shit. It's the Disney Land of clubbing... just a glorified Spring Break.

This moment of socioanalysis for dummies haven been made possible by JonnyB. Please join us next week !:confused:

Originally posted by calebmandrake

Ummm, here's a newsflash for you: NOT EVERYONE IS AS ENTHRALLED WITH FUCKING MUSIC AS YOU ARE!!!!!! For some people, music is simply the icing on the cake. Many people go out to relax and meet new people. We are all not infatuated with some fucking record spinner. And who told you "its cool to be in the dance scene now"???? WTF does that mean??? People will always go out to clubs and will never be more popular than any other period in time....in other words: GOING CLUBBING IS NOT A TREND YOU FUCKIN' MOMO!!!!

if you want to pick up, go to a bar. if you want to hear music, go to a club. personally, i dont think being in the middle of a huge room with BOOMBOOMBOOM*insertwailingdivahere*BOOMBOOMBOOM bouncing around in my ears, being shoved about by random juiceheads, and screaming over the music in attempts to have a conversation with someone is relaxing... but thats just me :tongue:

as for clubbing/DJ culture becoming trendy, i agree. turn on the tv, open any magazine you'll see an ad w/ a pair of turntables, some random clubkid, or a club in the background. its being overexposed by the media now and of course the scene is going to change as a result. just as when all underground scenes become mainstreamed, you have to look harder through all of the bandwagoners to find what you want. ;)

about chi-town. i was just there in july and had a great time. clean city, not overcrowded, nightlife is awesome :D

I'm sorry Montreal is good but it doesn't even compare to NY. There are so many options in NYC. cento fly thursdays, you have teneglia pretty much every friday night at vinyl and Sound Factory Saturdays which run well into sunday afternoons and sometimes evening. Not to mention a few other clubs and a ton of lounges. You find every type of music that you could imagine. From break beats to progressive to house to hip hop....NYC has it all. We have international DJ's every week to choose from.

Montreal is a great city with beautiful women, I'm not knocking it.

South beach is a joke if you ask me. Its only good during the WMC.

Vegas clubs suck and are only good on a holiday weekend or when an international dj is there. There locals all suck.

LA is ok....nothing special.

I haven't been to Chicago yet but I hear its nice.

I feel since I started this post I should contribute and share my thoughts for those of you who care to listen. I have lived in NYC my whole life so I may be bias concerning where the best clubs are around the world but in any event I have a few things I need to say after hearing some of the comments coming from some of you. I have been to the West Coast, I have been to the Windy City, Ibiza, Miami and Amsterdam...ALL GREAT PLACES TO CLUB.....BUT......NYC(i'm sorry) is simply#1 in clubs, atmospere and most of ALL...THE PEOPLE..YOU WILL NEVER find people like this anywhere else.. The spirit, the heart of these people here in NYC are profound in that they are not just base heads or drugies but really know the music and understand what it is all about....BEING YOURSELF!!!!!!!!!!!!!.......... sure you have people that goto clubs and just have a drink and can't wait to go home... but for the most part THERE IS a VIBE that can't be beat.. and I feel this vibe almost everynight I go out in NYC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Peace.

Stone.

• 2 weeks later...

I dig NYC - def #1 in my book...

#2 -----> hmmmmmmmmm, that's a tough one....

Chicago has a great vibe and kick ass hard house....

I live in Miami and must admit, nothing compares to Club Space:D

I had a great time clubbin' in Amsterdam and Sydney, Australia..............

Since I haven't been to Ibiza/Prague/Barcelona/London/Montreal, I'll say Sydney is #2 for me;)

Lola:eek:

Ibiza is cheap commercial clubland. The Disneyland of clubbing... a glorified Spring Break.

N-Y is an amazing city but your clubs are all disapearing... thanks to Rudy.

#1 authentic clubbing town = Barcelona. It's in their blood.

#1 1/2 = Montreal

You are truly on crack my dear!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Ill say Puerto Rico is in top 5 every nighspot you go is an afterhours. You can drink 24 hours of the day so clubs are open until people get sick of them. They dont get too many international Djs but every now an then they get some good ones Tiesto there las week and I heard good things about it, George Acosta is there often I am from PR but I live in Chicago and yeah Chicago is awesome,good looking people girls are real not like Miami that you dont know if the girl that is coming is guy or something else. But yeah if you havent been here is awesome they open a new spot every two weeeks but I have too say that the clubs are good they are not off the chain but the lounges are tight and the music is good lots of house.

Apologies for jumping on the 'pick on jonnyb bandwagon, however.....

Ibiza is cheap commercial clubland.

I guess you must be minted if you think that €35 to €50 entry is cheap. Not to mention the fact that a bottle of water in a club will set you back €4 to €8 whilst a vodka and coke costs a tidy €12 on average.

Spain is a relatively poor country and if you compare club prices to the average income it's not hard to see why limited numbers of Spanish people are making Ibiza their clubbing destination.

As for it being commercial - perhaps you just went to the wrong clubs?

• 2 weeks later...