Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Roxy ripping off people with drinks. They charge 8 $

Originally posted by danwilson

I buy this small glass of Tequilla. It was fuckin 8 bucks. What a fuckin rip. Most of the drink was icecubes. There was barely any alcohol. What idiot decided to charge people 8 dollars for a small glass of Tequilla.

This is nothing new..........

Actually, one good thing I will say about the Roxy is that they really put a lot of alcohol in those things compared to other places that measure out the shot (god forbid they should hook it up a little more).

Too bad I'll probably never go back there to get one again.

As club goers you demand a state of the art sound system, top class DJ's, huge venues decorated to the Max, and so on and so on. Then on top of this half of us rather enjoy other substances than alcohol. On top of all the entertainment some think a fight might spice things up. And of course lets not forget the 14 year old who thought it'd be great to eat pills and drink till they can't continue breathing. This all costs the club money and in turn costs us at the bar.

if you think clubs don't make money you're kidding yourself.

no one minds paying 8 - 10 bucks for a real drink...say 12 oz min made right. that costs the club about a buck to make. when they serve 8oz cups they save 25 cents. just a scam to get you to buy about 20 of them.

besides, i wouldn't say that everyone cares about decor and shit. you got two groups of clubbers:

1. in it for the music and the djs: care about space and sound system and AC

2. glam kids: care about what the space looks like, scantily clad dancing girls and drinking. you know...the KTU crowd :)

I didn't say they didn't make money, they make plenty, usually about 25% of what they pull in in a night. Thats why one would open a club to make $$. What I'm saying is if the costs were kept down then the drink prices could go down, and the club would do just as well. Now it's to late though, they see what they can get away with and prices will just keep going up.

hey if you all arent happy about the clubs so much.. why bother fucking coming.... im sick of hearing all you complaining night after night about everything... a club isnt perfect every night and the second a club slips up you all start bad mouthing the place... but let me ask you this... if you go to a mets game do you sit here and post i had to pay with a credit card for 2 hot dogs and a soda. no.. why because thats the price to pay... you all dont realize how much money is spent week after week to keep a club running... so yes it costs money to come out for you.... you see roxy putting money back into the place... when was the last time you saw one penny dropped into exit... as well as sf.. most of the money he makes, rich spends and puts back into the club... do any of you own a club and know how much insurance is on a club, payroll for the bouncers, advertising, etc... it all costs money and a club makes the money where they can...

Originally posted by hawaiiguestlis

hey if you all arent happy about the clubs so much.. why bother fucking coming.... im sick of hearing all you complaining night after night about everything... a club isnt perfect every night and the second a club slips up you all start bad mouthing the place... but let me ask you this... if you go to a mets game do you sit here and post i had to pay with a credit card for 2 hot dogs and a soda. no.. why because thats the price to pay... you all dont realize how much money is spent week after week to keep a club running... so yes it costs money to come out for you.... you see roxy putting money back into the place... when was the last time you saw one penny dropped into exit... as well as sf.. most of the money he makes, rich spends and puts back into the club... do any of you own a club and know how much insurance is on a club, payroll for the bouncers, advertising, etc... it all costs money and a club makes the money where they can...

a club slips when the dj sells numerous amounts of tickets to everyone he knows ..then the club wont let them into see him..nah exit is a fucking scan .and the best thing that happened to them was jon last night .u all shouldve shit on that fuck marvasis face when u saw him with his whack ass cloths on last night.

exit and Marvisi is a whole other story... that club is def a shitbox and a scam... they dick over anyone as they wish, just remember... the biggest way to fight back at something is silence... dont go anymore watch the club start hurting and then you will see some changes.. by saying this and that yelling and screaming does nothing... get your dj booked elsewhere and pack in the place... and fuck exit... personally if i was the DJ there last night.. i dont know jon but if it was myself i would have just stopped spinning and said fuck you let them in and then i will play...

um...THIS IS NEW YORK CITY EVERYONE!!!!! liquor is going to be expensive in most nightclubs and lounges!!! hell...at that miracle grill restaurant they were charging $5 for a glass of sangria

if you want to save money...go to deli beforehand, pund a few beers, and then go into the club!!!!

yea, I agree with bigpoppanils on this one. Dan, $8 for tequila is normal. I was at a lounge at the W hotel in times square...a small glass of long island iced tea was $11...plus tip is like 13 bucks for a drink. That's how drinks in the city are. That's how lounges and clubs make probably 25% if not more of their money...get used to it.