• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by dreamdrops

yah hes going to be in Boston and NYC...2 nights of Mauro

Lizzy you down for Road trip??

as long as the bf is willing to drive!!! woohoooooooeyyyyyyyyy...is he gonna be in NYC on a sat night? what is the def. date???

ive seen picotto 2 times once in DC and once in Boston just about a month ago.....it was fuckin insane....half the people in the place didnt even know who he was but they were goin crazy....count on me being there early ..... wouldnt miss him in NY....gonna be a fantastic night

Originally posted by bsb2002

wow, arc really ain't vinyl anymore is it? Picotto is fine, but he seems more an Exit type. It will be easily the raviest crowd arc has seen.

Mauro seems like an exit type??? where have been??

Mauro is pure madness..can you say TECHNO (minimal and some schranz)....hes spins the same thing liebing, umek, dj rush spins

Get ready to smile for 3 days and be deaf for 2 days after Mauro comes!!!!

and yes when he was in DC....most of the poeple in there didnt know what was going on....if you expecting Trance/hard house(komodo,lizard,proximus) dont bet on it.

Originally posted by dreamdrops

Mauro seems like an exit type??? where have been??

Mauro is pure madness..can you say TECHNO (minimal and some schranz)....hes spins the same thing liebing, umek, dj rush spins

Get ready to smile for 3 days and be deaf for 2 days after Mauro comes!!!!

and yes when he was in DC....most of the poeple in there didnt know what was going on....if you expecting Trance/hard house(komodo,lizard,proximus) dont bet on it.

ok, i haven't heard him lately, but all his productions, even the recent stuff is pretty much hard house, though certainly more techno-ish than most. And I've never heard any legit techno dj play any of his stuff. Hey, if what you say is true and he's really gone techno (actually a lot of his stuff sounds like what people were calling techno about 8 years ago-think CJ bolland -but anyway..) and sounds like Umek and co., then more power to him, i'll even check him out if thats true, but i kinda doubt it. after all, look where he gets booked outside the u.s.a.- godskitchen, gatecrasher, stuff like that. oh well, you've peaked my curiosity at least.

You should just go and download one of his recent live sets and see for yourself ..... i say he has a style of his own.....not just one genre but several combined in a unique way.....thats what makes him what he is.....much more energy than liebing or umek..... keeps the tunes banging continously throughout the entire set no long breaks no build ups......uses the FX a lot.....just a really crazy thing to hear...... it shouldnt be missed..... ciao