Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Space & Spin Upcoming Superstar Lineups

biznation00

Originally posted by Treepwood

Jody is just Jody, Way Out West is Nick and Jody so it isn't exactly WOW.

I'm not stressing about this one. I saw Nick Warren and Jody both spin seperately during WMC -------> and Jody stole the show! I've also read several interviews w/ Nick Warren where he describes his role in WOW as more of the production side, I believe he said "the idea man." While Jody is the knob turner and deck master. Jody will break it down @Space!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by georgeacasta2

Treepweed has a point. They shouldn't be advertised as Way out West feat Jody if Nick Warren is not going to be there.

Here I understand Treepwood point but the other day I was talking to Biz and I told him the same thing with Deep Dish, when Space advertises Deep Dish feat. Sharam; and he made a point, very good by the way, that if they just advertise DJ Sharam or Sharam the impact on the clubbers would be different and it is true. Let's not forget that the clubs gotta make money so they can continue bringing talent.

Biz, how about getting on the line up DJ Gino Latino?; i heard he can spin some sick latin house :D:laugh:

laterz!

Lalo

Originally posted by georgeacasta2

Treepweed has a point. They shouldn't be advertised as Way out West feat Jody if Nick Warren is not going to be there.

I understand where it could be misleading, but they do that stuff all the time it's standard practice........the last two times Deep Dish has been in town is has just been Sharam. Jody is part of WOW and has the right to use the name when he tours, just like Nick Warren can.

Besides when I saw WOW @Spin, Jody was tearing up the decks and Nick Warren was just standing next to him smoking w/ a drink in his hand. :laugh: (I'm not even lying - I had to ask someone who was on the decks, b/c it definately wasn't Warren).

Alright, since everyone seems to be throwing around names I'll throw a couple myself.

Ashley Casselle

Slam (do I have to wait till next WMC to hear these two tear wherever they play apart)

Tom Middleton (Cosmos,Jedi Knights,Global Communication nuff said)

Murk (Oscar G and Ralph Falcon) hmm they are from Miami wtf hasnt this happened yet!?

Stryke & Oscar G (this would be intresting to say the least)

Funk D'void (refer to the Slam comment)

Christian Smith and John Selway (another WMC thing?)

I'm sure there's tons more but these are just a few. Book any of the first 3 and I'm sure people would be happy.

DEEPD WON IN MIAMI,

Ramon C.

yeah but if you hear DJ Sharam a lot of people don't know who he is cause Deep Dish has always been together. While Jody was alone for a bit, and so was Nick, you don't see Nicks GU's saying WOW GU002 or WOW GU010. While Deep Dish is always Ali and Sharam

I think the Space line-up looks straight. Atleast they're making an effort to bring down talent on a consistent basis.

these are a few heads I wouldn't mind seeing:

1. Tyrant (Lee Burridge & Craig Richards)

2. The End Soundsystem (Layo, Bushwacka & Mr. C)

3. Tom Middleton (saw him during conference and was amazing!)

4. Circulation

5. H-Foundation (Halo & Hipp-E)

Danny, you trying to turn Space into Fabric or something? Pretty soon you'll be asking to see Charles Webster or Francois K. I think someone needs to do an alternative house night on Fridays. Then let everyone continue to show up to see Oscar tear up the dancefloor on Saturdays.

I still wanna see Slam @ Space. I think they would destroy that place. The roof would catch fire and then some. :)

If not I'll just wait till WMC '03 :(

DEEP DOWN IN MIAMI,

Ramon C.

Originally posted by joeygk

A Tyrant show would be crazy, but does Craig Richards ever leave the UK? I don't think I've ever heard of him doing a show anywhere in the States..............????

Craig played in Philly, Chicago, and Montreal about 6-8 weeks ago. The thing with him is that he has a weekly residency at Fabric which limits him from traveling much.

The only time I heard Craig was September 10th at a boat party here in NY with Doc Martin.

Music was insane! then u know what happened the next day. he was stuck here for like 2 weeks.

Ok guys, here it is.. a simple breakdown of why we say what we do on flyers when presenting a DJ...

1st of all, we don't do it to mislead you...

2nd, the average clubber might not know who Jody or Sharam are as individuals. For the simple fact that they mainly tour under the names Deep Dish & WOW...

There is nothing wrong with what we do, it's a standard all over the world...

Read the print -- DEEP DISH "featuring" Sharam

WAY OUT WEST "featuring" Jody

The key word is "featuring"... On a layout as an advertisement, featuring is more appropriate than say.. Jody, from way out west...

Btw, Good point Joey--that about Nick & Jody is right on the $$...

You are right Digital-- why stress??

According to this board Club Space never does anything right...

It's sorda like Star Wars, everyone on CP here is the rebellion & Club Space is the death Star. Emperor Puig runs the show, I'm just one of his imperial guards. That would make the dj's 1st class Tie fighter pilots & the bouncers- Stormtoopers...

Btw SAEED & PALASH @ Spin FRI. JULY 19th...

Originally posted by biznation00

It's sorda like Star Wars, everyone on CP here is the rebellion & Club Space is the death Star. Emperor Puig runs the show, I'm just one of his imperial guards. That would make the dj's 1st class Tie fighter pilots & the bouncers- Stormtoopers...

Does that make Bellini the second hand man of Jaba the Hut, in Return of the Jedi?

There is nothing wrong with what we do, it's a standard all over the world...

Read the print -- DEEP DISH "featuring" Sharam

WAY OUT WEST "featuring" Jody

I read the print.

Just because this is a standard clubbing practice doesn't make it right. :(

The key word is "featuring"... On a layout as an advertisement, featuring is more appropriate than say.. Jody, from way out west...

Dictionary Definition of feature

feature - A special attraction at an entertainment.

Let's use your logic to promote was out west:

"Jody (main attraction) featuring Nick Warren (special attraction)." That would sound ackward.

Nick Warren and Jody collectively are the main attraction. There is NO special attraction (feature) and no need to advertise them with a special attraction.

Let's look at the way you advertised Jody:

"Way out West (main attraction) featuring jody (special attraction)." This also sounds ackward

Jody has been featured as a special attraction but he's actually the main attraction but he's not Way out West. Wierd.

WOW is a collaboration of 2 artists who collectively call themselves Way out West. When the average clubber reads your advertisement "WAY OUT WEST featuring Jody" they'll probably think Jody isn't even part of way out west.

I think your a really kewl kat. What I think has nothing to do with your character or who you work for. I'm not a space hater ;)

nice Star Wars analogy. Now I see where your signature comes into play :D;) shhhhhhhh!

Way out West presents Jody...

How does that one differ and is that ok with you??

back on the feature tip since you are getting technical(not like anyone cares but i love a good argument)..

how about this.. Balance promotions featuring John Digweed...

Its another way of sayin' balance is "only" featuring John digweed... as Way out west is "only" featuring Jody... To the reader it clearly states that digweed and jody are the featured artist...

since way out west is nick & Jody, wouldn't featuring jody alone be special?? becuz you are singleling him out... ordinary would be nick & jody -- no feature there...

you must have a lot of time on your hands looking thru the dictionary... well done my philosopher...

I should have been a lawyer...