Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Bassics - Saturday, August 3, 2002 -

noira

This is an open invitation for all friends and friends-to-be here on CP to come North for a weekend and party in one of the most beautiful venues in south florida.

Kevin and I are hosting a party at Biba Lounge in West Palm Beach - Biba Hotel & Lounge is a lush, tropical oasis - on one side a beautiful pool, and on the other a relaxing courtyard with fountain and wicker chairs - in the middle a gorgeous lounge club. For pictures, directions, and price info if you'd like to stay at the hotel - go to www.hotelbiba.com

Details for the party are as follows:

5-7 Poolside Picnic - $3 or bring your own delish dish

(there will be a changing room available for us)

7-12ish - Open Decks Party - free

If anyone IS interested in bringing their records (and all are welcome too) please email me at bonnieereed@yahoo.com.

There will be a manned bar as well with a cute bartender named Ivo...feel free to give him as much attention as you'd like...he's quite the flirt ;) - ask for the house special - a stoli cream soda...

Look forward to seeing everyone. Please feel free to email me if you have any questions, etc.

Yes, Kevin will be spinning. Frank also mentioned that he'd be interested in coming up (hope that still is cool Frank!). Should also have a DJ/producer from West Palm who's style is similar to that of Danny Howells - so a good range. And again, any djs out there, please email if you're interested in coming up.

Look forward to you call :)

i will be showing up with two cases of plastic fantastic. i will be bringing my who is 7 1/2 months preg.. Will there be a place for her to sit and chill? as said before i can bring some nice clear sounding moniters (Beringer 15") and my pioneer mixer...ps how loud is to loud?

There's one huge long velvet couch with pillows, a sofa with pillows, roughly 10 chairs inside and 15 or so outside for everyone to chill out on...

As for equipment - I will be compiling a list of what we have in a week or so -

As for noise levels - Biba is a hotel lounge, not an enclosed club...its 1/2 indoors and 1/2 outdoors. So the atmosphere lends to a more chill environment...can't tell you the exact level that is too much - if it gets too loud, someone will ask you to turn it down.

man when comes to spinng i have all the shit i even have a booth welded to my trailer for the hobbie beach parties......

well hope to see you all there. My wife is not to happy about going but when comes to my music she knows there is no hope for her backing out.. i will be spinning some chunky house/tribal..

i hope every body likes it???:D

Just bumping this up to remind everyone that this is coming up!

So far we've got four DJs and one downbeat tag team set in the works.

We also arranged to have a grill cook on hand to give us a hand.

Please email me (bonnieereed@yahoo.com) if there are any other DJs wishing to spin.

Also for all you "southerners" if you need directions, email me - Biba is about 5 minutes off of 95.

Stacey G - good to see you're coming - email me when you get a chance :) :)

Can't wait!