Clubplanet Nightlife Community

dj critics (laurie)

just out of curiosity, what do some of you dj critics, for example laurie, do for a living? maybe tsettos, myself, boris, baez, mendez, manny, rydell, ect should come evaluate you at your jobs and post it on this message board. we'll determine how well you flip the hamburgers, sweep, sell stocks, promote, lay on your back, or whatever......maybe some are collecting unemployment or welfare.....this is not aimed at the cool mature people that go out to have good time at their favorite clubs. the analogy is simple, if your a vegetarian don't go to a steakhouse....if you wanna go line dancin' to country music don't go to a heavy metal bar.....if you love merge simply don't go to tempts......if you like both clubs support both clubs.....if your a white trash redneck from jackson who knows shit about nightclubs and moves to florida to raise gators in a pond next to your trailer listening to picatto call yourself saleen...nick, just kidding, haven't battled you in awhile.... also, some of you have horrible spelling skills! what's up with that?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by kirklop

just out of curiosity, what do some of you dj critics, for example laurie, do for a living? maybe tsettos, myself, boris, baez, mendez, manny, rydell, ect should come evaluate you at your jobs and post it on this message board. we'll determine how well you flip the hamburgers, sweep, sell stocks, promote, lay on your back, or whatever

Exactly what i was sayin in my other post bro.

Not to start shit but let this die already.

Kirk i'm gonna disagree with you on this one. (please dont take this as drama)

I think the club business (entertainment industry) and other jobs are quite different. For example If i can stock shelves big deal I dont have to impress anyone people will come and grab what they are looking for and leave. In our profession if you are providing a service (drinks and music entertainment) you aim to please the customer so they can come back. In a sales position it is done by customer satisfaction as it is in the nightclub industry. However, there is so much variety that if some one comes and doesnt like what they see or hear you lose a customer. And in most cases it is no ones fault it is due to the fact that they happen to have a different taste. In this field everyone is open to criticism. There are no message boards for Shoprite or pathmark on how nice the stores look or if anyone likes the elevator music some of them play. Just wanted to gime 2 cents on this one.

Kosta P

Kosta, since you and I don't have shit to do at 3 in the morning I will disagree w/ you and Lopez....

Yes it must suck to read a bunch of fools evaluate your work, BUT its not worth it.

Worth what?

Any explanation from you guys, fuck this board and the bitches that post on it. As long as people talk about you (good or bad) it will only help you in the long run. This board will always have people writing stupid shit, those assholes will never go away, and when one does the next fool replaces them.

No djs should bother to post here, MOST ON HERE ARE NOT WORTH IT....

Fuck clubplanet jersey board and just do your jobs... The Jersey scene has gotten so much better over the last 4 years..

Originally posted by thesandman

Kosta, since you and I don't have shit to do at 3 in the morning I will disagree w/ you and Lopez....

Yes it must suck to read a bunch of fools evaluate your work, BUT its not worth it.

Worth what?

Any explanation from you guys, fuck this board and the bitches that post on it. As long as people talk about you (good or bad) it will only help you in the long run. This board will always have people writing stupid shit, those assholes will never go away, and when one does the next fool replaces them.

No djs should bother to post here, MOST ON HERE ARE NOT WORTH IT....

Fuck clubplanet jersey board and just do your jobs... The Jersey scene has gotten so much better over the last 4 years..

I was at Metro for dinner tonight with Diane and her family. George was a little upset How was the wrestling tonight?? Dinner was always great as usual nd that fucking tiramisu holy shit. Had a few cocktails after dinner (go figure) Ill give you a buzz tomorrow afternoon.

kosta what up. Raw was a good show (considering the tix were comps). George was pissed he couldn't go but I got hooked up at the last minute. Flair and RVD tore it up big time.

Call tomorrow, Ill be around... sitting at my pool w/ bloody Mary in hand.

I have to do dinner there. Sound real good.

Im in for Thus and Sat. Fri. will be a game time dec. for Sandbar.

kosta what up. Raw was a good show (considering the tix were comps). George was pissed he couldn't go but I got hooked up at the last minute. Flair and RVD tore it up big time.

Call tomorrow, Ill be around... sitting at my pool w/ bloody Mary in hand.

I have to do dinner there. Sound real good.

Im in for Thus and Sat. Fri. will be a game time dec. for Sandbar.

I have a few meetings till the afternoon in the city. So maybe I'll swing by. fuck the bloody mary' s ketel & 7 for me. Then Saints at night???

Ive gone out 5 straight nights, I am shot to hell but who knows...

Saints was fun the last couple of Tues. w/ some nice upper class ass there...lol

Your welcome to stop in, just give me a ring.

I think I'll be coming by.

I AM NOT HATING DENNY, I DONT EVEN KNOW HIM!

IF I DO NOT LIKE THE WAY HE OR ANY OTHER DJ PLAYS I AM GOING TO STATE IT!!!!!!!

I HEARD DENNY MAY TIMES AND I KNOW WHAT HE IS CAPABLE OF AND…WELL WHAT I HEARD WAS NOT UP TO PAR IN MY PERCEPTION NOTHING I SAID BASHED HIM IN ANYWAY!!!!

I AM NOT BASHING HIM AS A PERSON JUST THE WAY HE PLAYed THAT NIGHT!!!!!!!!

YOU & EVERYONE ELSE ARE MAKING THIS OUT TO BE MUCH* BIGGER THEN IT IS!!!!!!!!

Oh and SORRY about my "horrible spelling skills" but do you really think I care about that much about the BS to edit a post....I THINK NOT* and by the way, I think that you are WAY better of a DJ then DENNY from what I have been hearing this summer...you just dont get enough credit...ONCE AGAIN THAT IS MY OBSERVATION....

Originally posted by laurie619

I AM NOT HATING DENNY, I DONT EVEN KNOW HIM!

IF I DO NOT LIKE THE WAY HE OR ANY OTHER DJ PLAYS I AM GOING TO STATE IT!!!!!!!

I HEARD DENNY MAY TIMES AND I KNOW WHAT HE IS CAPABLE OF AND…WELL WHAT I HEARD WAS NOT UP TO PAR IN MY PERCEPTION NOTHING I SAID BASHED HIM IN ANYWAY!!!!

I AM NOT BASHING HIM AS A PERSON JUST THE WAY HE PLAYed THAT NIGHT!!!!!!!!

YOU & EVERYONE ELSE ARE MAKING THIS OUT TO BE MUCH* BIGGER THEN IT IS!!!!!!!!

Oh and SORRY about my "horrible spelling skills" but do you really think I care about that much about the BS to edit a post....I THINK NOT* and by the way, I think that you are WAY better of a DJ then DENNY from what I have been hearing this summer...you just dont get enough credit...ONCE AGAIN THAT IS MY OBSERVATION....

I have stood by the side lines far enough...Listen up you 22 year old know it all who knows shit about the club scene. All you do is talk SHIT about Denny and Tempts.....If Denny isn't up to PAR for your standards, then don't fucking go to a place he spins at...If you like MERGE and RYDELL, GO THERE!!! Its that fucking simple. But then again, I guess it can't be that easy for you since you confused a GEO with a SAAB!!!

Denny, Richie, Teo, Manny, Kirk, Eddie, and all the rest of the DJ's who have been spinning down the shore this year, and DJ's all around the world for that matter, do what they do cause they LOVE IT!! It is their passion...And like Kirk said, how would you like it if they visited you at your place of employment and critiqued you on each and every thing you do BUT had no KNOWLEDGE or EXPERTISE in what it is you do or even HOW YOU DO IT!!! I'd bet the farm you'd have a problem with it, AND that you really wouldn't aprreciate these people, who have NOT A FUCKING CLUE about what you do, to sit there and criticize you and your skills. Well guess what knit wit, thats exactly what you do here. You have no idea what it takes to be a DJ, and to perform for thousands of people, under that type of pressure, knowing everyone is a critic. You CAN NOT please everyone, and if you and your so called WELLS SEASONED clubber friends have issues with Denny and his skills (bare with me here - I know I am repeating myself but you have to remember the mentality of Laurie157614643214), DON"T GO TO FUCKING TEMPTS!!! It is that SIMPLE!!!! What does it take for you to get this into your head? I mean C'MON!!! How many posts later will it take - are you THAT DUMB?? CHRIST!

Yes, this is a message board, and anyone can say whatever it is he/she damn well pleases. But don't you think after 321674163 posts WE GET THE PICTURE!!! Now please do us a favor, and go get a job at a fortune cookie factory....

Originally posted by kirklop

just out of curiosity, what do some of you dj critics, for example laurie, do for a living? maybe tsettos, myself, boris, baez, mendez, manny, rydell, ect should come evaluate you at your jobs and post it on this message board. we'll determine how well you flip the hamburgers, sweep, sell stocks, promote, lay on your back, or whatever......maybe some are collecting unemployment or welfare.....this is not aimed at the cool mature people that go out to have good time at their favorite clubs. the analogy is simple, if your a vegetarian don't go to a steakhouse....if you wanna go line dancin' to country music don't go to a heavy metal bar.....if you love merge simply don't go to tempts......if you like both clubs support both clubs.....if your a white trash redneck from jackson who knows shit about nightclubs and moves to florida to raise gators in a pond next to your trailer listening to picatto call yourself saleen...nick, just kidding, haven't battled you in awhile.... also, some of you have horrible spelling skills! what's up with that?

Whats up bitch?

I'll see you friday at DJais.

You know, over the past 2 weeks of listening (reading actually) to laurie flappin' her gums I began to wonder if this is the way you are in all aspects of your life. Do you tell your boss, your family, your friends (if you have any), co-workers, people passing on the street, that bum that lives on the corner of your block about your every though just because you're entitled to your opinion. You seem to think that everyone is is just hanging on your every word as if what you think really has a bearing on anything. I'm quite opinionated myself, but does everyone want to hear all that I have to say, probably not, so I keep it to myself, especially when being critical of others. I'm sure you've heard the saying "If you don't have something nice to say.........ect."

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

LAURIE 619 YOU RETARD OF A GIRL READ WHAT YOU WRITE BEFORE YOU TYPE!!!! YOU DONT HAVE TO KNOW A DJ PERSONALLY TO LIKE THE WAY HE SPINS. IF YOU DONT LIKE DENNY, FINE...BUT GIVE HIM THE RESPECT HE DESERVES B/C HE IS TRULY AN INSANE DJ. AND WHAT DO YOU KNOW ABOUT MUSIC YOU DUMB, WORTHLESS, 5 CENT TRAILER WHORE?????

Originally posted by boomtown16

LAURIE 619 YOU RETARD OF A GIRL READ WHAT YOU WRITE BEFORE YOU TYPE!!!! YOU DONT HAVE TO KNOW A DJ PERSONALLY TO LIKE THE WAY HE SPINS. IF YOU DONT LIKE DENNY, FINE...BUT GIVE HIM THE RESPECT HE DESERVES B/C HE IS TRULY AN INSANE DJ. AND WHAT DO YOU KNOW ABOUT MUSIC YOU DUMB, WORTHLESS, 5 CENT TRAILER WHORE?????

Well Said!!!:clap: :clap: :clap:

ARE YOU GUYS FOR REAL. . . MAYBE YOU SHOULD GO BACK AND READ WHAT I WROTE* WHEN DENNY PLAYS up to PAR he is GOOD, but the last couple of week my friends and I dont think that he has been up to PAR* HE SHOULD OPEN UP HID BAG, AND PLAY SOME GOOD TRACKS I KNOW HE HAS THEM......

GET OVER IT* YOU GUYS ARE REALLY Pathetic

Guest saleen351

Hey i'm not a chef but i know a good steak when i have one.....

but am i not allowed to say its a bad steak since i'm a not a chef?

makes no sense...........

DJ's are entertainers to the public, just as actors/actresses are. So with that they are gonna be evaluated (so to speak) by just about everyone. But anyone who knows anything about music, mixing, DJ's, etc. will know who is talking out of their ass (laurie) and who isnt. It goes with the territory. I do not aggree with everyone tearing up Denny, Sanatana, Rydell or whoever. ALl of these guys have bad nights, they are only human. Last year at Area 1 Carl Cox had to mix his record three times at one point cause he ddint like the way it sounded, so that goes to show that even the best in the world arent perfect. So Laurie please shut up, since you have no clue what your speaking of. After reading your posts, I have learned you know nothing about this scene.....How old are you anyway??

Originally posted by laurie619

ARE YOU GUYS FOR REAL. . . MAYBE YOU SHOULD GO BACK AND READ WHAT I WROTE* WHEN DENNY PLAYS up to PAR he is GOOD, but the last couple of week my friends and I dont think that he has been up to PAR* HE SHOULD OPEN UP HID BAG, AND PLAY SOME GOOD TRACKS I KNOW HE HAS THEM......

GET OVER IT* YOU GUYS ARE REALLY Pathetic

You gotta wonder........is Denny sitting back reading all these ridiculous threads and laughing his ass off, that so many people waste so much time on such mind numbing topics as this.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: