Clubplanet Nightlife Community

***HomeGrown Roll Call- 7/23***

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Justin: I dont know what your problem is, but please take your childish drama elsewhere. This a a roll call thread that doesnt need to be ruined by your mood swings.

And just for the record, Homegrown is thrown by 4 people who make collective decisions about who spins when, so I dont know why youre personally attacking Ron.

geez.

:blank:

echostar's right -- he's not the only person who's expressed the feeling that Homegrown isn't living up to its original mission statement.

Ron, don't get me wrong... I'm not going to complain about it now... I prefer to give the party some time to settle into its own, and I do hope to get a chance to spin there (as scary as the prospect of playing out is to me!)... but I always thought Homegrown was about local bedroom DJs, not the "best talent" from Boston. I hope that goal will be kept in mind, because I really enjoy seeing my friends spin, trainwrecks and all!

To some of us, it's just another good time out, but I know that plenty of people had expectations for the party that they don't feel are being met. I think it's fair to allow them to express that. ;)

Originally posted by LavenderMenace

Justin: I dont know what your problem is, but please take your childish drama elsewhere. This a a roll call thread that doesnt need to be ruined by your mood swings.

And just for the record, Homegrown is thrown by 4 people who make collective decisions about who spins when, so I dont know why youre personally attacking Ron.

geez.

:blank:

. .. . **Translation**. . . :

Justin: Shut your fucking winey baby piehole before I send phunk out to jersey to rip out your goddamn tongue!! . . . You got imbalances do ya?? . . well, there's doctors that can help . . If you choose not to go to one, we'd still appreciate you NOT being a bitch about the party for no reason other than your vagina is hurting . . .

Thank you, and have a nice day . . .

. . :laugh: . . ;) . . :aright: . . .

Originally posted by hotcheme

i don't know. i just don't like to see drama about things like this. ron is right - this should be a private arguement.

drama keeps things interesting....i dont think this would be as big of a problem if homegrown wasnt 95% CP

HomeGrown is about giving ALL DJs an equal shot. Not just bedroom DJs. This is not an open decks party. There is a lot involved in running a weekly party and making sure everyone is happy. We do our best to do that. We have had less experienced DJs spin and we have more experienced DJs spin. It is a balancing act. We want this party to grow and in order to do so, we have to bring in a nice mix of DJs ranging from experienced to less experienced. While suggestions are welcome, childish bitching and moaning isn't. You must understand that decisions are made for a reason. Just because you don't know why doesn't mean that we don't have the party's best interests in mind.

Originally posted by hoke

echostar's right -- he's not the only person who's expressed the feeling that Homegrown isn't living up to its original mission statement.

Ron, don't get me wrong... I'm not going to complain about it now... I prefer to give the party some time to settle into its own, and I do hope to get a chance to spin there (as scary as the prospect of playing out is to me!)... but I always thought Homegrown was about local bedroom DJs, not the "best talent" from Boston. I hope that goal will be kept in mind, because I really enjoy seeing my friends spin, trainwrecks and all!

To some of us, it's just another good time out, but I know that plenty of people had expectations for the party that they don't feel are being met. I think it's fair to allow them to express that. ;)

Originally posted by phuturephunk

Justin: Shut your fucking winey baby piehole before I send phunk out to jersey to rip out your goddamn tongue!! . . . You got imbalances do ya?? . . well, there's doctors that can help . . If you choose not to go to one, we'd still appreciate you NOT being a bitch about the party for no reason other than your vagina is hurting . . .

EmbodiedHate: what the fuck are you even talking about?

Originally posted by hoke

word

Originally posted by roha3000

HomeGrown is about giving ALL DJs an equal shot. Not just bedroom DJs. This is not an open decks party. There is a lot involved in running a weekly party and making sure everyone is happy. We do our best to do that. We have had less experienced DJs spin and we have more experienced DJs spin. It is a balancing act. We want this party to grow and in order to do so, we have to bring in a nice mix of DJs ranging from experienced to less experienced. While suggestions are welcome, childish bitching and moaning isn't. You must understand that decisions are made for a reason. Just because you don't know why doesn't mean that we don't have the party's best interests in mind.

You're absolutely right on that point... I'm sure there's a lot we don't know about that's going on behind the scenes... I look forward to seeing how the party works out! :aright:

What Roha said :)

RoHa, cha cha cha

RoHa, cha cha cha

RoHa, cha cha cha

:tongue:

I definitely had a good time last week, and hope to frequent this party more often. The different styles and tastes in music is definitely good for the vibe.

PS>.. keep those <surprise> guests coming ;)

Er? This is silly....I personally have really liked the way the nights have panned out...but I enjoy the music, whether it's a well known dj or my friend or a well known dj that happens to be a friend.

Anyway, see you all there for a bit :)

People are going to disagree about this party, as with any party... that's how it goes.

Like I said, I enjoy going, and at the same time, I see where people are coming from... I think it's fair for them to express that. Perhaps people were just unclear on what Homegrown is supposed to be about. That's all... <shrug>

Don't know yet if I'll be there tomorrow... I'll be at the dinner, but I'm pretty tired today and wouldn't mind a couple full nights' sleep -- we'll see!

Originally posted by echostar

drama keeps things interesting....

...quote of the fucking day right there...

i dont think i'll be back at homegrown until august due to work issues...but i dont like to really think about it...after having such a great time the first nite i went...it just blows...but i catch the sets on metromixradio.com and am such a proponent of this...keep drama away from homegrown...pleaasssse...

just to reiterate what ron said.. the party is about bringing in talent that should be getting heard. bog, ron, myself, and nathan are working together to bring you the *fresh* beats from dj's that might not be getting heard.. if someone is from out of town, you ought to be happy that they are willing to come play for you, the nyc collective. (don't take your location for granted.. nyc is a place where everyone wants to play) DL is one of the exceptions.. not the norm. note the "up-and-coming" aspect of our flyers/mission statements/what have you.. all of the special guests we are bringing in fit that bill perfectly.. those that might be starting to make some noise in (and out) of nyc. this is a big town, with a gigantic pool of djs swimmin around in it.. we're just trying to get them up on the diving board. :D

patience is a virtue.

-mike.

Oh boy….

Can we all just f’n chill….

“We try to do our bets to please everyone.” Think about that statement, it’s practically impassible.

We can only do so much and hope that everyone understands when it doesn’t work out. We have DJ that wanted to spin from prior to opening night. We have ppl how think that certain DJ show not spin and others thinking he’s the greatest thing. Also we have DJ that are going to knock your socks off, and you may never heard of them b4. There is only so much that we can do with 4 available time slots. There are 4 of us running the party. One of us will open and one of us will close, taking dead time slots(when there’s hardly anyone there), and giving you different DJ each week.

The only reason we have DL back is because you all said you liked him and wanted to hear him again. Was I wrong?

Justin out of all ppl you should know what it takes to throw a party. Now try to do it every week, let me tell you it’s not ez.

With that said, now I can only hope that this will not continue into tomorrow night. I know why we throw the party and I know why week after week you all come. Unless something has change aren’t we all in this for FUN?

-Bog

not to start trouble... (oh wait, since when do i care...)

Originally posted by roha3000

'Homegrown' is a weekly party for DJs by DJs. Every week, on Tuesday night from 8 till 2, you will be seeing 6 DJs dropping tasty beats from every genre. This party is free and its sole purpose is to support the scene in NYC. No attitudes, no discrimination based on experience, just fresh beats from fresh DJs. You can also expect to see some surprise guest DJ appearances from time to time.

Originally posted by bogb

For those of you that don't, here’s what this party is about.

This party is to support our local up and coming DJs, and the

local party scene that we all love. Each week we’ll be presenting

to you a wide range of DJs and styles. Bring your music loving attitude and come out to support your local DJs and have a great time. DJs please bring your demos so we can have you throw down with us in the coming weeks.

Don't get me wrong... I probably like dj dl more than anyone there... and its definately cool to have a guest or 2... but 90% of the lineup are people from other places or established djs...

I think the descrepancy is just how the party is being promoted... its your party, you're more than free to do whatever you want with it... just don't promote it as something its not...

I think thats what justin's trying to voice... (don't get me wrong, he has bigger moodswings than a pms'ing 13yr old girl that he'd want to have sex with.... but hes got a valid point, and people have been saying things... (don't ask me to call ppl out, i'm not going to... if they wanted it voiced publicly, they would have had the balls justin did.)

while we're on the topic of feedback (And yes, i'm giving feedback, not attacking... lets be clear on that...)

It'd be nice to aim for each dj spinning a different genre, IMO...

like every week, 1 house, 1 trance, 1 techno, 1 dnb, 1 breaks... etc.. etc...

I don't know... just my thoughts... take them as you will...

Originally posted by joeg

not to start trouble... (oh wait, since when do i care...)

It'd be nice to aim for each dj spinning a different genre, IMO...

like every week, 1 house, 1 trance, 1 techno, 1 dnb, 1 breaks... etc.. etc...

I don't know... just my thoughts... take them as you will...

or change genres on a weekly basis.

Originally posted by hotcheme

or change genres on a weekly basis.

yeah, that might work... but then some weeks would be light and some heavy...

if you have a little of everything each week, it'll probably be more consistant...