Clubplanet Nightlife Community

on the heels of the capri thread: guys' shorts...

weyes

ok, i don't think shorts look good on anyone, but i guess i can understand that people wanna wear 'em when it's hot (although i don't).

but what's up with the guys' shorts that fall mid-calf? this is kinda like gmc was talking about with the capri thing - same dumb look, but it looks much worse on men. but i'm not talking about the preppy versions of the capri for men, i'm talking about the baggy, "i'm cool, yo" shorts. do you guys know the shorts to which i'm referring? i say nay :no: .

Yeah I hate that whole really baggy thing. Especially the really really big shorts. What's up with that? I really don't like shorts in the first place, but those look even stupider. I do like the guy capri pants though I got a pair, and I sometimes roll up my jeans to be capri length.

like the ones basketball players use? ugh...

i like to wear shorts around my house and on most ocassions if i'm running a small errand like grocery shopping and stuff, but i totally would not wear them to a club nor to work.:no:

Originally posted by vicman

like the ones basketball players use? ugh...

exactly! basketball uniforms have gotten out of hand. what kind of underwear are the players wearing under there anyway? <------someone please answer that, seriously, because i think that's relevant to this discussion * and yeah, there's the ghetto look, but another one that i can't stand is the "long short, high white sock" thing, but i guess that doesn't count, 'cause that's straight-up gangsta, and they were never trying to be fashionable, really, except within their colors - out here, at least.

funny story about that, though - i had these two neighborhood friends when i lived in venice, both on the blue side. they weren't serious at all, though. anyway, one day we were chillin' at my house along with some other people, and the two of them were wearing the same shirt. they were so pissed at each other, it was hilarious. they had both just bought the shirt, and each insisted that it looked better on him, so the other should stop wearing it :laugh: . they also decided not to hang out together outside for the rest of the day, thinking they would look too dumb.

Originally posted by weyes

yeah, there's the ghetto look, but another one that i can't stand is the "long short, high white sock" thing, but i guess that doesn't count, 'cause that's straight-up gangsta, and they were never trying to be fashionable, really, except within their colors - out here, at least.

OMG I hate the long white sock thingie.. LOL. I laugh when I see the ghetto boys at the mall with that.. sometimes they have one sock up and one down too. LOL.. its quite funny, but it makes me cringe. And yes I hate the baggy "shorts" except they aren;t shrots b/c they are at ur ankles so u should infact just wear pants or something..right!? The whole "ghetto" style doesn;t appeal to me at all, its hideous IMO.