Clubplanet Nightlife Community

I Got Laid Today!!!!!!!!!

I wake up, just like any other morning... screw around on cp, have some breakfast, take a shower, go to work...

I get to my fluorescently lit, mind sucking, creativity draining, old-age bringing, hellhole of an office, boot up my computer... and BAM.... blue screen... and it won't bootup....

now... under normal circumstances... after the initial troubleshooting, and fixing attempts... one would just redo the machine...

Today?

Today I said FUCK IT...

Today I walked into my boss' office, and told him I can't work here anymore... that this job was wasting my skills and the ambition I once had... this job is a factor in my depression (and a very large one at that), and due to other personal issues (ie. my liscense, and a few other things) I can't continue to waste my time, and I need to move on with my career/life... (as I had told him a few months ago I would do if they couldn't give me a new position, or something worthwhile)

After a few trips to HR and a meeting or 2 with the director of IT... I'm now officially LAID OFF!!! (wacka wacka, play on words, chuckle chuckle, *clown horn*)

basically, so I can collect unemployment, they decided to have a "Reduction in force" today *cough* as per my request *cough*...

So i'm now:

1) A jobless hippy

2) EXTREMELY FUCKING HAPPY (ahh I missed this feeling)...

lol...

so finally, a step in the right fucking direction...

I couldn't even wipe the stupid grin off my face all day...

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by smokesum

wow here i am on my hands and knees looking for an IT position after graduating college...and you're happy you got laid off

????????????????????????????????????????????/

Smoke you are STILL looking for an IT job?

Joe, I am happy for you. Personal well being comes before anything in my opinion. :)

Originally posted by embodiedhate

Must be great to be 19. :aright:

oh, i'm sorry, you skipped right from 18 to 24? :confused:

Originally posted by legend38

Personal well being comes before anything in my opinion. :)

Exactly... and This was something that needed to be done 6 months ago, but finances dictated that I stay employed up until recently...

bog: yeah, thats the plan! also, maybe some certifications and stuff...

Dan: yeah, i'm sure all jobs are like that one, but that one wasn't paying me enough to make it worthwhile...

dirtyepic: education, look for a new job, relocate, jerk off a lot, work on some things that I've wanted to for a while... spend more time with friends... regenerate my sanity...