Clubplanet Nightlife Community

sasha & james zibiela @ crobar 8-19-02

marick

just a reminder, there is NO geastlist or comp. passes for this event (besides the ones you can win at cooljunkie) and this is less then 4 days away. so if you don't already have tickets then get to ticketmaster and grab some while they're still avalibale.

you don't want to miss this night as it's going to be a corker!

see you all there!

cheers!

Guest saleen351

MONDAY IS MY FAVORITE DAY OF THE WEEK TO GO CLUBBING....... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I DON'T CARE WHO IS PLAYING, ITS MONDAY, WHEN IS SOBE GONNA TRY AND CONTEND WITH SPACE? LEVEL AND CROBAR IS FUCKING WASTE OF GOOD CLUBS.... NO TALENT EVER GOES THREW THEM, OR AT LEAST ON A FRIDAY OR SATURDAY...

COUNT ME OUT!

no talent on saturday nights at crobar?? dude you really need to lay off that crack. once again you've gone and made an ass out of yourself.

june 7 chris fortier oops you missed that

june 14 three and sean cusick missed that one too

june 21 steve lawler you complained about the decor brought in by outside promotions

june 28 satoshi tomiie oops again

july 12 josh wink umm who?

agreed after that it's been slow at crobar on weekends the past month, but thats smart of them to hold back out of season. when october comes around we'll see whats up.

oh, and in my opinion, the reason sasha is on a monday, is due to the fact that miami is one of the few cities that can be trusted to pull on a week night for an event of this stature. the weekends are usually booked in smaller markets that need the weekends. it's all economics.

JZ tore it up last night... Never seen Vinyl so packed so early. You can't even get that kind of turn out on a Friday or Saturday with any other headliner.

Sasha played a lot of the same tunes from his kiss fm and his essential mix from a few weeks ago. I was home in bed at 2 am.

Originally posted by staceyg5

s'all bout Jz

fyi: it's $25 pre sale...$40 @ the door

don't forget that "service charge" so we're looking at $30, $10 discount...woopie

Diego: what did zabiela's set sound like...his emix, gt comp, what?

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by james954

no talent on saturday nights at crobar?? dude you really need to lay off that crack. once again you've gone and made an ass out of yourself.

june 7 chris fortier oops you missed that

june 14 three and sean cusick missed that one too

june 21 steve lawler you complained about the decor brought in by outside promotions

june 28 satoshi tomiie oops again

july 12 josh wink umm who?

agreed after that it's been slow at crobar on weekends the past month, but thats smart of them to hold back out of season. when october comes around we'll see whats up.

oh, and in my opinion, the reason sasha is on a monday, is due to the fact that miami is one of the few cities that can be trusted to pull on a week night for an event of this stature. the weekends are usually booked in smaller markets that need the weekends. it's all economics.

are you kidding me with that line up compared to space. Seriously crobar is not a club, it should be called, A place to be seen with a nice sound system

APTBSWANSS < the abbrevation :laugh:

Lawler sucked

Howells blew

0 for 2, I aint' going back. And if miami can pull off a monday party, so you are saying we should get fucked out of a weekend performance since we party so hard? Or is it a case of crobar being cheep? Like you said its economics..

Level is simply the phattest club, with no talent... Where the fuck is bliss at? We need another bliss party there, i had sooooooooooo much fun and parks and wilson destroyed the shitty djs you guys get..

CROBAR CAN HAVE GOD DJ AND IT WON'T CHANGE THE CROWD, OR THE VIBE. ITS A WASTE........

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by mikeydny

Crobar couldnt pull in a crowd on July 3rd/4th with Howells playing.

Do you think its gonna be packed on a Monday night, where to get in at the door is $40.

I dont think so, I could be wrong.

game

set

match

mikey you are sooooooooooooooo right.. howells was not packed at all and it was a holiday weekend. level did wayyyyyyyy more people....

other than tenaglia, deep dish and desyn, space's lineups have been laughably easy. they've never been a club to try something new. all they've done is capitalise on what shadowlounge/the mix did so many years before. and i wasn't that impressed then either. the only big name that space has brought out is pvd. and that guy is about 3 years past his prime. you should have heard him 5 years ago at groovejet (no place had a vibe like that). actually i take that back... you kinda have heard him at groovejet, cause he still plays the same records today. but you are as usual late, just like the rest of jersey. you'll get into howells and lawler etc in about 2 more years. besides it's not about being cheap, it's about being smart. 2 different things. when you've been in miami for more than 5 mins and in the scene for more than 10, you let me know. then we can have a semi-educated discussion.

mikey, crobar couldn't pull a crowd july 3 cause everybody jumped on bliss's bandwagon and booked events. bliss has been doing that party for years now. basically space and crobar played copycat on that and everyone lost. i will agree that 40 is too steep. $30 would have been reasonable if you ask me. but then again, sasha don't play for free.

mikey, crobar couldn't pull a crowd july 3 cause everybody jumped on bliss's bandwagon and booked events. bliss has been doing that party for years now. basically space and crobar played copycat on that and everyone lost. i will agree that 40 is too steep. $30 would have been reasonable if you ask me. but then again, sasha don't play for free.

Im not trying to knock Crobar, the talent they bring in, or anything about the place, I happen to like it alot. Shit I wish I could make it out Monday night to go, just dont got the money for that. The place was dead on a holiday night regardless of what was going on at Level and Space, I just dont see it pulling on tons of people on a Monday night, like I said though I could be wrong.

honestly, i think space is a better venue( even after the remodel. i just think they've failed to reach their potential. as far as how the clubs are run, crobar has them beat hands down talentwise, security and crowd. too many mingers at space.

agreed, there was way to much going on on july 3rd. and by the way, crobar had way more people then the bliss party, i know cause i was at both and saw with my own eyes. all partys lost their collective asses on july 3rd. and anyway, the people that go to level are the tipical south beach dumb asses that don't know shit about music and only go out cause it's the "in" thing to do. at least the people at crobar knew who was spinning!

as for space, if you consitter a big, dark room filled with ate up guidos from jersey a good club then thats your thing but in a real club the people are there for the djs and the music and crobar has the most clued up crowd in miami (next to maybe lola on a sat. night). space doesn't even come close! end of story.

Originally posted by marick

as for space, if you consitter a big, dark room filled with ate up guidos from jersey a good club then thats your thing but in a real club the people are there for the djs and the music and crobar has the most clued up crowd in miami (next to maybe lola on a sat. night). space doesn't even come close! end of story.

seriously how can u say space is full of "ate up guidos from jersey", completely wrong. only time its full of those wonderful people is during wmc, when there is actually a sick vibe through out the place........

honestly, i think space is a better venue( even after the remodel. i just think they've failed to reach their potential. as far as how the clubs are run, crobar has them beat hands down talentwise, security and crowd. too many mingers at space.

security definetely, you cant get a cigarette out of your pocket without your arm being grabbed and a light shined in your eye, space should imply the new pocketless pant dress code.....:blown:

Originally posted by Nolimit

JZ tore it up last night...

Good enough for me!!!! :D

Anyway, when you think about it.... the tix are 25 dollars. That's what it costs to get into any avg. club. As far as the srvc. chg. I'm not sure about this but I think they nix the $5.75 convenience chg. if you walk up to a counter (like specs) and buy them there. You still have to pay the $4 processing fee though. :)

whatever.... I'm just rationalizing :idea:

i can say that about space because everytime i've been there, even during a tenaglia gig there has been very few music heads there. almost everyone that i've seen there has been the tipical miami crowd AKA ate up guidos from jersey that wouldn't know good music if it hit them in the face. i've been approched by god knows how meny people asking for durgs and everywhere i turn i see people all fucked up giving each other back rubs, "blowing" each other up with glowsticks and falling all over themselfs and everyone else for that matter because they are so fucked up they can't function properly. it is this way everytime i've been there no matter whos spinning! all the people that go to space care about is what they look like and how much the drugs are and where to get them.

thats how i can say that about space.