Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Spacessay Winner

spacey

IT WAS INCREDIBLY DIFFICULT DECIDING THE WINNER BUT AFTER NARROWING IT DOWN TO TWO (EVEN THOUGH GUIDO FIST PUMPING WAS MY PERSONAL FAVORITE... IT DID NOT MAKE THE CUT) WE DECIDED IT WAS A TIE

SO THE TWO WINNERS ARE :

SOBETON

SGT FURY

BOTH WILL RECEIVE ADMISSION FOR 4

A SHARED TABLE WITH EACH PARTY WITH COMPLIMENTARY BOTTLE OF VODKA AND MIXERS

MEET AND GREET DJ TIESTO

PLEASE EMAIL YOUR LISTS TO SPACEOWNER@AOL.COM

BY TOMORROW (SATURDAY) AT 2PM

SO UNTIL NEXT TIME - THANK YOU FOR PLAYING

==============================================

ESSAY #1

What difference has Space made on the Miami/SoBe Scene & how do you perceive our scene without Space??

A little over two years ago Club Space opened its doors. From the moment Space opened a proverbial earthquake was created in the Miami music scene and the tremors continue to be felt to this very day.

Club Space has completely revolutionized the clubbing scene in Miami in many ways. Prior to Space opening, Miami's clubbers had various options during the hours of 12am until 5am. Unfortunately, after 5am the options were limited. The only option for a after-hours setting was the after-hours club called The Mix on South Beach. The Mix was known for being a musically pioneering night club with a impressive sound system, however, was The Mix had size limitations and was unable to serve alcohol. Club Space took after-hours to new heights with huge dance areas, variety in music, incredible lights and sound and a 24 hour liquor license.

Make no mistake, Club Space not only revolutionized the after-hours scene in Miami, it turned the entire clubbing scene in Miami upside down. Miami's South Beach has always been famous (or infamous) for its night clubs. Many flock to Miami from around the world for its South Beach clubbing scene for its parties and world famous DJ's. Club Space single-handedly directed the focus away from South Beach and towards downtown Miami. Now, those traveling to Miami to party no longer speak of South Beach, they speak of downtown.

The heart of Club Space is its music and its the music that keeps patrons dancing until dawn. Ownership and management have dedicated itself to provide the public with the best music in the world. Only the best in the world are allowed in Space's DJ booth. Tenaglia, Van Dyk, Oakenfold..to name a few. Space is the showcase for all DJ's coming to Miami to play and can be considered synonomous to Madison Square Garden as how its perceived in the community. To play at Club Space is to have reached the top.

And with the focus continued to be on the music, Club Space continues to pioneer musical styles and formats. When Space opened, the Miami scene was awash in the hard rhythms of Trance music. Club Space can be credited for pioneering a more House music format in Miami bringing in resident Oscar G and other House music DJs.

Miami clubbers are very thankful for the Club Space revolution. The Club Space revolution can be held directly responsible for giving a home to the best DJs in the world. Without Space, Miami would continue to attract the worlds best DJs, however in a much less frequent and more disorganized pattern. Club Space can also be credited with creating a standard by which not only the clubs in Miami are measured by, but, night clubs around the world. On a local level, Space's success is responsible for the renovation of many areas in downtown Miami.

If one were to imagine a scene without Club Space, in addition to all things that have been discussed, Miami would still be known for South Beach and not what it is known for today....downtown.

AUTHORED BY : SGT FURY

==============================================

ESSAY #2

What difference has Space made on the Miami/SoBe Scene & how do you perceive our scene without Space??

A nice building, breathtaking lights, and an awesome sound system. One would think this would be enough, to become established the very competitive Miami and South Beach club market. However, in the Miami and South Beach scene, these factors serve merely as a foundation. When one speaks of clubbing in Miami and South Beach, the names of Club1235, crobar, Groove Jet, Liquid, The Mix, Salvation, Shadow Lounge, Space, and Warsaw Ballroom are heard. Some of these establishments have disappeared from the scene; yet they remain deeply embedded in clubbers’ minds and hearts. What makes these establishments so special? It’s pretty simple: the music, vibe, and the atmosphere. It’s the difference between being merely a nightclub and emerging as an institution.

About two years ago an establishment opened in an area people had long given up on. That establishment was Club Space, and that area was downtown Miami. Club Space opened as a club, but it has emerged as an instution. Club Space has been responsible for launching the careers of such DJ talents as Edgar V., Radamas, Roly, and Niko and catapulting the careers of DJs such as Oscar G and Ivanno Bellini. Club Space continues to be on the cutting edge, offering an array of music genres from hip-hop to house music and everything in between. The array of global DJ talent that has taken over the decks at Club Space is a virtual who’s who of the DJ community including Carl Cox, John Digweed, Danny Tenaglia, Paul Van Dyke, and Paul Oakenfold. One would think that Club Space would be satisfied with their accomplishments. However, that is not the case; they are constantly pushing the envelope. Change is good, and it’s my belief this has been a significant factor in Club Space’s success.

Club Space has made quite a significant difference on the Miami and South Beach scene. By its very design Club Space is unique; it is a group of old warehouses with a low ceiling and a dark feel and look to it, creating a truly underground atmosphere. A mixture of people from all social and economic groups converging together to enjoy music and create a vibe that is unparallel. The music is constantly evolving and challenging clubbers. Club Space is also one of the few clubs willing to take a chance and act as a platform for emerging global artists such as Saeed & Palash, Desyn Masiello, Tom Stephan, Satoshi Tomiie, and Johan Gielen. The most important aspects of my clubbing experience are the music, vibe, and the atmosphere. Club Space has always exceeded my expectations.

My perception of the Miami and South Beach scene without Space as player is quite daunting. Club Space has been in existence for quite some time now and has become an instution recognized around the world by DJs and clubbers alike for the caliber of talent it attracts as well as the music it fosters, the vibe it produces, and atmosphere it creates. Club Space has been paramount in the revitalization of downtown Miami, and it is a key player in the community. It is my hope that Club Space will continue to prosper and serve as a model for what a nightclub should truly be.

AUTHORED BY: SOBETON

Originally posted by mikeydny

haha now we fight, well i was tonys friend first, lol :laugh:

:laugh: i doubt tony will be in there long anyways yo .. ill be by the speaker :D you guys wont be in vip for more than 10 mins i bet !! :laugh: cant REALLY party in there:D

Originally posted by koky

:laugh: i doubt tony will be in there long anyways yo .. ill be by the speaker :D you guys wont be in vip for more than 10 mins i bet !! :laugh: cant REALLY party in there:D

true that!, you can't really party in the VIP. It's just good to take breaks and sit down a little bit or for those people that like to show off. A real clubber doesn't care about VIP.

Guest saleen351

WHATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT? MY GUIDO FIST PUMP ESSAY WAS THE BEST!!!!!!!!!! HOW DID I LOOSE? SPACEY EVEN SAID IT WAS HIS FAVORITE!!!!!!!!

HERE IS A COPY IF YOU DIDNT' READ MINE

MY SPACE ESSAY BY SALEEN351

CLUB SPACE, WHERE I GUIDO FIST PUMP.

THE END

I STILL DON'T SEE HOW I LOST.... SOBETON AND SGTFURY HAD ALL FLUFF, NO TO THE POINT.... I SMELL COVER UP....:D

HAVE FUN GUYS.... REMEMBER TO GUIO FIST PUMP FOR ME....:(

Originally posted by saleen351

THE END

I STILL DON'T SEE HOW I LOST.... SOBETON AND SGTFURY HAD ALL FLUFF, NO TO THE POINT....

I have to admit, this shit was fucking funny :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Originally posted by saleen351

HERE IS A COPY IF YOU DIDNT' READ MINE

THE END

:laugh: That's really funny!

SGT FURY & Tony Congrats! :aright: I have new found respects for the both of you.

Thanks Space !! big ups to my cp people, appreciate the congratulations. I get to spend an awesome night in vip with my boy Gregg, and my other friends. Looking forward to it. :bounce:

p.s. I will also be spending some time, at the usual location left of the DJ booth… :D

what some people may or may not know.....the routine for tony and I was to go to shadow lounge then to space...like clockwork...and it is so ironic.(and cool) that we both won the contest...looking forward to a great night...

by the way...i still have a couple of openings as to who im going to take with me..so..if you are a hot looking female with a ..well..lets just say...morally casual attitude....give me a PM!

Guest saleen351

I'm apealing the decision of the judges..... I'm like a misunderstood artist, they just don't see the brillance of my work....

You are all lucky I did not enter..Shit man I know how to use those things with a period on top of the comma, Shit I know sentences have commas! , . and etc.! WTH I read books too! I read nothing but the Classic's I read X - MEN ; all Of Marvel, DC comics; Archie ... Mark Twain had nothing on those books!

Maybe Next time!

FEAR MY ROXOR WRITING SKILLZ!