Clubplanet Nightlife Community

beating the day-after blues?

dcgirl

please don't kill me for re-posting this question, as i'm sure it is somewhere out there but i couldn't find it. aside from 5-htp or taking prescription anti-depressants (neither of which is an option), does anyone have suggestions about beating the day-after-partying blues? thanks and hope nobody else out there is blue! :)

Excercizing, if you can get up enough energy for it and your blood pressure or headache isn't too bad. Excercizing will help you get the toxins out of your system. If you can't go to the gym, at least try to grab a friend and some apples and go for a long ass walk

Also, I think Yoga helps put your energies back where they belong. I've rolled too many times to think there's not something to our bodies besides what's in the science books, and I think yoga's a good way to put yourself back in sync.

Video games are great, too. More immersive than movies, but you can stilll sit on your ass. And you can have fun playing them with other people.

I seem to have a hard ass time concentrating on boring things, though, like reading or doing educational things, which generally goes against my personality.

Trying to do nice things for people's a good way to get through it too, because that'll take your mind off of yourself. Make dinner for somebody or call your family or write letters to them. Stop and chat with somebody on the street or in the store.

Or you could do like most people on this board and just do more drugs!

Oooh, no no no!!!

Don't get an XBox. Get a Gamecube. The new Mario game comes out next Tuesday! Just in time for Labor Day and the Gazm recovery period. I'd say, pick up Mario, Monkey Ball 2, and a Wavebird wireless controllers. Nothing pisses me off more on Black Tuesday more than a cord knocking my juice over and getting wrapped around my foot.

Forget what you saw on the retarded TV ad, the new Mario game is a lot of fun. You can check it out at the store if you want, they have a demo.

The Nintendo is much more raver friendly, the XBox games try so hard to be MATURE that they sacrifice innovation and fun.

Super Monkey Ball 2

I'm buying this and a bag of Vitamin K the day it comes out

Mario!

Originally posted by pandora1305

to beat the next day seratonin low, hang with your buddies in the sun...you can comiserate and chat together and the rays help perk you up :D

G is pretty good at perking me up too, and if i really feel like shit i just take enough to sleep the day away. Wake up here and there to go to the bathroom and eat, and take some more.

Originally posted by harddtime

G is pretty good at perking me up too, and if i really feel like shit i just take enough to sleep the day away. Wake up here and there to go to the bathroom and eat, and take some more.

looove it, better living through chemistry

bring it on!!

Originally posted by pandora1305

to beat the next day seratonin low, hang with your buddies in the sun...you can comiserate and chat together and the rays help perk you up :D

Imma have to say yes to that.. and the day after I always feel I'm an extremely accurate skater, so I like to grab my deck and run down to the parking garage at the mall. :D

Lots of shit to hit out there and the sun does help with depression a lot. :)

And when that gets old (cuz yeah, you're tired and shit), catch a comedy flick. You gotta :laugh:

Originally posted by trajik

Lots of shit to hit out there and the sun does help with depression a lot. :)

I try to avoid old Mr Yellow Face as much as possible the day after. He makes it hard for me to sleep and he makes me squint when I go outside!

Definitely good to catch a comedy flick and listen to some music while playing a board game.

But my NEW favorite day after activity? Super Mario Sunshine! It's just so fucking happy, it feels like therapy.