Clubplanet Nightlife Community

No Miguel Migs?

shroomy

after disscussions w/ crobar about the miguel migs naked music tour they don't seem to see the value in what we want to do there. i belive that they just want to play it safe w/ the formula that has been working for them thus far. joe & myself understand this, we think it kind of sucks that they would change their mind but we have no hard feelings & know that it is just as well that we should do it on our own.

the date for miguel & jay-j is 100% confirmed. we will be doing the event most probably not at a night club. we are looking for possable beach, poolside & hotel venues. as you can imagine we have many intrested parties we just want to make sure we have the best spot so it goes off without a hitch. we'll let you all know whats up as soon as it's all confirmed... peace, tomas

a real house vibe would have been cool at crobar & i'm sure it would have been slamed packed. oh well, they fucked up. i agree that you guys can do better. it wouldn't feel like a aquabooty party @ crobar. you have to do it outside. i vote for nikki's or a dope hotel pool (Albion, naked music wmc 2001. the best wmc party i've ever been to) . good luck guys. marlon

Originally posted by mimid

I agree! I think Crobar should experiment a lil!!! baer.gif

Good Lord Mimid I guess we are a little chatterbox today I looked at the Miami Message Board and It might as well be changed to the Miami MIMID Board, every topic had a response from you. lol.

:laugh::D J/K

Shouldn't surprise anyone. Crobar just wants to bang the crap out of it - turn the bass way up and drown everything else out. Doubt Migs' style fits the way they like the sound to be in that room.

I don't understand why people like Crobar so much........I think the place sounds like shit, it makes decent music sound boring as hell. Phazon, schmazon. There's wayyyyyyy too much emphasis on low-end percussion at Crobar. Every damned tune that's played there sounds exactly the same. I HATE that, it bores the living crap out of me there. I used to think it was the DJs, but the DJs I've heard there can't all be *that* bad.

Originally posted by laliux

that's fucked up! :mad:

I guess i won't be celebrating my bday at Crobar then.

how about Nikki's or even Opium? Miguel Migs is perfect for an open venue.

:hat:

He is for sure, but not those two hellholes. Yes hellholes. Nikki Beach Club has the world's worst sound system. Opium's not much better, and even with $500K in improvements, they're not getting new sound, the $500K is going towards code compliance.

Even if the places have 'atmosphere', I'm not going for the ambiance, I'm going to hear a DJ I really like, and I'll be damned if he sounds like shit. crobar has a mobile rig, why not get them to bust it out, and go take over The Surfcomber?

Or rent out a hotel pool, call up Paradise Sound, and fucking go at it! :)

Miguel definately needs to play @ Nikki's / or a cool poolside.... the only other club I could see him in would be Rain.

FYI: Carl is doing the Area 2 Tour don;t expect to see him for a few months unless you catch the end of that tour....

Peace,

B~

Originally posted by pod

He is for sure, but not those two hellholes. Yes hellholes. Nikki Beach Club has the world's worst sound system. Opium's not much better, and even with $500K in improvements, they're not getting new sound, the $500K is going towards code compliance.

Even if the places have 'atmosphere', I'm not going for the ambiance, I'm going to hear a DJ I really like, and I'll be damned if he sounds like shit. crobar has a mobile rig, why not get them to bust it out, and go take over The Surfcomber?

Or rent out a hotel pool, call up Paradise Sound, and fucking go at it! :)

Their sound systems might not be that good but you gotta understand that not all clubbers are that picky about if it's a killer system like Space's, Crobar's or Arc's. As long as the company I am with is right and the venue is nice, I am happy.

In a way, I understand Crobar. In an utopian world, it would be all about the music but at the end of the day what really matters is $$$ or you work for free?

we will of course bring in a different sound system no matter where it is at. We currently do the sound for the pool party every Sunday. No matter where we do this, there would be a killer sound system, promise.

Rain is out of the question. They have no money for these kind of events.

Peace and see you all on the dancefloor

Joe Budious

that would be a last resort. this show is just too big to do at the warehouse. it's gonna cost us quite a bit of jack as well. that we will hopefully recoupe by #s of people & getting some sponsorship $. tough to do at joes place. hey come by LoLa saturday beeiatch.

tomas

Aquabooty * free your mind & your ass will follow...