Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Hofstra...

ok now this is starting to become an urban legend because I hear this every year. I think the first time that I heard the blood drive story was about 3 years ago when I was bartending on that strip. Honestly I wouldnt doubt it though, lots of dirty girls, look at bogarts for example, grat time when I was underage

Probably bullshit. Over 50% of all sexually active people have or have had an STD, but neither HPV, molluscum, or Herpes (the three most common) are blood transmissible. The two main things they screen for are Hepatitis C (which about 5 times as many people have as HIV and is only blood transmissible....basically, if you've ever shared needles or got a transfusion before 1990, there's a good chance you have it) and HIV. Before you're even allowed to give blood, they make you answer a questionairre that eliminates most of the people who are at risk for HIV or Hepatitis (for example, I can't donate blood because I've had recent piercings and had sexual contact with a gay male), so after those are screened out, it's very unlikely that 80% had Hep C or HIV.

More likely is that 80% of the people who turned out for the drive were turned back or donated unusable blood. Some of the questions on the questionairre are absolutely ludicrous (more than 10 sexual partners, piercing or tattoo in the last year, sexual contact with a gay male since 1979, ever contracted an STD, etc), but it helps effectively screen, and in most cases it overscreens. Only about 50% of people can donate blood (if they answer honstely) in the first place, so I wouldn't doubt that the percentage is much higher on a college campus...

Originally posted by gmccookny

That's what im saying (following clubrat)

These numbers really are outrageous. I went to Hofstra for 1/2 a year, and the people didn't seem THAT skanky.

Where'd u get these #'s, DG:confused:

hofstra student...

Originally posted by maxx330

the numbers are hard to believe but who knows... ill be going back to hofstra as a sophmore in 2 weeks :rolleyes:

i didnt mess wit anybody freshman year so i should be good if the rumors are true...

didnt mess with anyone?? freshman year is supposed to be the most sinful!!! 1st year at hofstra is the only good one. after that you realize you are going to school in a parking lot.

don't let me discourage you though. :D

go to mchebe's and you will get laid. go to bogart's and you'll get laid. go to monterey's and you'll get laid (if you dont get kicked out) :cool: