Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Can a man compliment another man without seeming Gay?

trancerxn112

Can a man compliment another man without seeming gay?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Can a man compliment another man without seeming gay?

• Yes
    • No

first of all, karlsruhe is absolutely dead lately, the club i went to today SUCKED ARSE, NO fuckin atmosphere. i think i´m gonna move soon.

second, frankly i don´t care if anyone thinks i´m gay or straight or bi or a fuckin transsexual. i know i´m attracted to girls, and that´s all i care for. some guys would have sworn i was gay till they found out i fucked ALL of their girlfriends :)

I see no problem with it whatsoever. I'm thoroughly straight, and don;t check out guys, but if one of my friends, say, gets a haicut or looks sharp while trying to go out for the evening, I'll give him my opinion on how he looks. If a girl asks me if I think a guy is good looking, I can give the best opinion I can as someone who isn;t attracted to guys. Plus, there' also a general sense of what makes a person look good, regardless of sexuality, so if you're comfortable with yourself, you should be able to judge whether or not a person is good looking. But, since I don;t go out looking at guys, I never think to myself "That's a sharp looking guy... etc etc."

But, the question is if it sounds gay for a guy to give another guy a compliment. How many guys have been in a club dancing, and saw someone who's a really good dancer? I've had people of both sexes tell me I'm a good dancer. It's a compliment, and when guys say it, it doesn't sound gay. What about if you're wearing a cool or amusing shirt, and someone compliments you on it? It doesn;t sound like you're being hit on.

So my answer is, if you're comfortable with yourself, you should be able to give and take compliments with ease. A compliment is a compliment, and if you're that worried about sounding gay, then maybe you should take the time to sit down and reevaluate how comfortable you actually are with your sexuality.

Originally posted by gothzane

Aynone ever see that move "Orgasmo"?

"I dont meen to sound like a queer or nothing...but you have a really nice ass."

:flame:

i own that movie... so fuckin funny... chasey lain is so hot in it as well... "i dont mean to sound like a queer or nothing but i think unicorns kick ass!"

Originally posted by gothzane

Aynone ever see that move "Orgasmo"?

"I dont meen to sound like a queer or nothing...but you have a really nice ass."

:flame:

i own that movie... so fuckin funny... chasey lain is so hot in it as well... "i dont mean to sound like a queer or nothing but i think unicorns kick ass!"

Originally posted by trancerxn112

What do you think?

nothing wrong with it in my book... however its also they way the compliment is given and what is said... however most guys dont feel comfortable with the fact of giving or recieving compliments from another man... or they say its "gay" but yet the same ppl can comment on ugly guys, and guys who are dressed poorly... but yet thats not considered gay??? its still commenting on a mans looks!!! and you need a set protocol to base it on... like there cant be left with out right, or heaven with out hell or right without wrong... so if guys know what ugly is they obviously know what good looking is... i think this is where it becomes more of phycological social issue then a sexuality issue... just my two cents...

Originally posted by dgmodel

nothing wrong with it in my book... however its also they way the compliment is given and what is said... however most guys dont feel comfortable with the fact of giving or recieving compliments from another man... or they say its "gay" but yet the same ppl can comment on ugly guys, and guys who are dressed poorly... but yet thats not considered gay??? its still commenting on a mans looks!!! and you need a set protocol to base it on... like there cant be left with out right, or heaven with out hell or right without wrong... so if guys know what ugly is they obviously know what good looking is... i think this is where it becomes more of phycological social issue then a sexuality issue... just my two cents...

Feg. :rolleyes: