Clubplanet Nightlife Community

I HATE THE YANKEES - 2002 Edition!

I pray to G-O-D that there's a strike this Friday to end this damn season. They are what is wrong with baseball...pray for competitive balance....pray for a hard salary cap like in the NFL.

Boycott baseball!!

BOYCOTT THE DAMN F'N YANKEES!!!! :blown:

Go on bleacher BUMS fans - I'm ready to throw down today!!

JUST BRING IT BITCH!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad: :mad:

Whats the problem with the Yankees? The money they make they put back into the team....I fail to see how that is a problem....Any successful business will do it.....If you dont then you must be a moron.....Plus people are more than willing to pay the ticket prices to see these guys......

Originally posted by lobster1981

NY Jets & Giants :blown: RAVENS:D

so...you're a ravens fan...big fuckin whoop-di-doo..now how bout not hijacking this thread with this crap and talk about baseball...now if you're a true baltimore fan, then you follow the Orioles...hmmm...the Orioles...

63W 67L

19 games out of first

Lost four in a row

...should i go on...

Originally posted by phatman

so...you're a ravens fan...big fuckin whoop-di-doo..now how bout not hijacking this thread with this crap and talk about baseball...now if you're a true baltimore fan, then you follow the Orioles...hmmm...the Orioles...

63W 67L

19 games out of first

Lost four in a row

...should i go on...

I'm a ravens fan NOT orioles.

Baseball suck :no:

Originally posted by nycmuzik2000

Whats the problem with the Yankees? The money they make they put back into the team....I fail to see how that is a problem....Any successful business will do it.....If you dont then you must be a moron.....Plus people are more than willing to pay the ticket prices to see these guys......

I'm a moron for not accepting this? What a complete joke. Let's see...back in the 80's and early 90's when the Yanks were losing their standard 90 games a year...where were the fans? Not there...I thought so...when they start having losing seasons again...what will Yankees fans bitch, whine, moan and complain about?? Ticket prices!

Hard salary cap will end this unfair BS - Look how it works for the NFL....no complaints...NONE

thank you

Originally posted by spragga25

I'm a moron for not accepting this? What a complete joke. Let's see...back in the 80's and early 90's when the Yanks were losing their standard 90 games a year...where were the fans? Not there...I thought so...when they start having losing seasons again...what will Yankees fans bitch, whine, moan and complain about?? Ticket prices!

Hard salary cap will end this unfair BS - Look how it works for the NFL....no complaints...NONE

thank you

Exactly....If the team sucks then no one will come to watch....TV ratings will go down....There will be a loss in revenue....So why not put a winning product on the field when you have the chance....If they keep winning then the fans will keep showing up to games and watching them on tv....Thus more money will keep coming in.....Baseball is a business just like everything else in this country.....Take a look at Microsoft.....The charge several hundred dollars for their Window's software and they rightfully should do so.....People keep buying it because its the best product out there......If baseball wants to end its economic problems then it should drop a few of the teams that make no money....The same can be said for fans.....They all bitch about the players making too much money but they keep going to games....Take a stand....Dont go to any games...Maybe that will make some kind of difference......

FIRST OFF... LAST YEAR OAKLAND WAS THE 3RD LOWEST SALARY TEAM AND LOOK WHERE THEY ENDED UP... IN THE PLAYOFFS...

LOOK AT THE METS... THEY ARE THE 3RD OR 4TH HIGHEST PAID FRANCHISE AND THEY SUCK !!!

SO DON'T HATE ON THE YANKEES... IF THE FRANCHISE HAS THE MONEY THEN THEY SHOULD SPEND IT... YOU ARE IN IT TO WIN IT... NOT LOSE...

I happen to be a yankee fan... Don't blame Steinbrenner for him being an incredible business man. He sells alot more than just his team... It isnt his fault he can afford to pay his players what he does. Wait let me re-phrase don't criticise him. If you cannot afford to franchise a team then don't.

If the population in your state is not into baseball... Don't start a team there... Hense if you can't sell tickets maybe that is why you can't afford to pay your players...

Third... Shouldn't you be hating on single players and not just the Yankees... Look at A-ROD... He is the asshole who broke open the payroll with his last contract. He is one of the things wrong with baseball...

Look at BasketBall. Tickets are outragous. Salaries put Baseball salaries to shame. And no one is complaining about that sport...

NO DRAMA HERE... Just plain facts and opinions...

In my eyes players earn there keep because not only are they good at what they do but also because they sell millions and millions worth of products... Yankees being as good as they are makes marketing that much more appealing and therefore they can sell there line of merchandise therefore highering the income... And all in turn makes it that much easier to pay there players... ALL IN ALL STOP BITCHING IF YOU WERE AN OWNER OR A PLAYER YOU WOULD BE DOING THE SAME AS THEY ARE DOING... EITHER PAYING YOUR TEAM TO WIN AND HIRING THE BEST TO WIN OR PLAYING YOUR BEST TO EARN THE SALARY THAT YOU WILL MAKE ON THE NEXT CONTRACT... SO GIVE IT UP...

LOOK AT IT IN ANOTHER POINT OF VIEW...

If you were to open a fortune 500 company what are you going to do... Look for the best CEO you can find and pay him the salary he is asking... Or settle for someone who does not produce and pay him shit... Its all about success...

Ahhhhhhhhh Now that I have vented

WHAT THE FUCK DOES THIS HAVE TO DO WITH CLUBS...

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Originally posted by elementx

FIRST OFF... LAST YEAR OAKLAND WAS THE 3RD LOWEST SALARY TEAM AND LOOK WHERE THEY ENDED UP... IN THE PLAYOFFS...

LOOK AT THE METS... THEY ARE THE 3RD OR 4TH HIGHEST PAID FRANCHISE AND THEY SUCK !!!

SO DON'T HATE ON THE YANKEES... IF THE FRANCHISE HAS THE MONEY THEN THEY SHOULD SPEND IT... YOU ARE IN IT TO WIN IT... NOT LOSE...

I happen to be a yankee fan... Don't blame Steinbrenner for him being an incredible business man. He sells alot more than just his team... It isnt his fault he can afford to pay his players what he does. Wait let me re-phrase don't criticise him. If you cannot afford to franchise a team then don't.

If the population in your state is not into baseball... Don't start a team there... Hense if you can't sell tickets maybe that is why you can't afford to pay your players...

Third... Shouldn't you be hating on single players and not just the Yankees... Look at A-ROD... He is the asshole who broke open the payroll with his last contract. He is one of the things wrong with baseball...

Look at BasketBall. Tickets are outragous. Salaries put Baseball salaries to shame. And no one is complaining about that sport...

NO DRAMA HERE... Just plain facts and opinions...

In my eyes players earn there keep because not only are they good at what they do but also because they sell millions and millions worth of products... Yankees being as good as they are makes marketing that much more appealing and therefore they can sell there line of merchandise therefore highering the income... And all in turn makes it that much easier to pay there players... ALL IN ALL STOP BITCHING IF YOU WERE AN OWNER OR A PLAYER YOU WOULD BE DOING THE SAME AS THEY ARE DOING... EITHER PAYING YOUR TEAM TO WIN AND HIRING THE BEST TO WIN OR PLAYING YOUR BEST TO EARN THE SALARY THAT YOU WILL MAKE ON THE NEXT CONTRACT... SO GIVE IT UP...

LOOK AT IT IN ANOTHER POINT OF VIEW...

If you were to open a fortune 500 company what are you going to do... Look for the best CEO you can find and pay him the salary he is asking... Or settle for someone who does not produce and pay him shit... Its all about success...

Ahhhhhhhhh Now that I have vented

WHAT THE FUCK DOES THIS HAVE TO DO WITH CLUBS...

:confused: :confused: :confused:

:laugh: Oh please....First off - the A's are an abberation...Once their starting pitchers are able to file for free agency....they'll f'n leave because the A's can't pay them. They'll probably go to the Yankees like that ingrate Giambi!

Second - you run your mouth about shutting down other clubs. Under the current structure, you'd have to shut down...umm 20 teams...MLB with 9 teams competing - sounds like fun huh? :rolleyes:

Third - It was the owner that paid A-Rod the money that was at fault. He could've said no....now he regrets it because his team is shit! THAT'S WHY THE SYSTEM NEEDS TO BE CHANGED!!! The owners know this, but the greedy little players want the $$$.

Fourth - Basketball...all I gotta say is have you been to a Knicks game lately? Nothing but "suits" there! Corporations buy most of the tickets these days, so MSG can easily get away with charging whatever amount!

Lastly - what does this have to do with clubs? Nothing at all...I posted it because I CAN - nuff said!

NEXT

ok, here are some facts:

Oakland is NOT an abberation: 3 years in the playoffs in a row is not an abberation.

lets look at the playoff cocntenders and the worst teams in baseball this year:

AL:

yankees: big payroll first place

seatle: upper payroll - in the hunt

anaheim: small to mid payroll - in the hunt

oakland: small payroll - in the hunt

boston: big payroll - out of the playoffs

minesota: small payroll - first place

texas: big payroll - last place (top 4 payroll in baseball)

NL:

atlanta: big payroll first place

st. louis: mid to big payroll - first place

houston: mid to big payroll - on the outside

cinci: small payroll - in the hunt

LA: big payroll, in the hunt for the first time in 10 years after spending big for all those years

San Fran: mid size - in the hunt

Arizona: upper - first place

Mets: big payroll - last place (top 4 payroll in baseball)

What does this tell us?

That it takes good management to win.

baltimore, both chicago's, texas, LA (except this year), etc. spent huge for years and got nowhere.

minnesota, oakland, anaheim, and others show that you can win with good management and player development.

the system is fucked though cause its unlikely that teams without money will be good for more than 2 - 4 years in a row. system is flawed and they should fix it, but part of the problem is that other teams that have money won't spend it. some teams just don't have money.

its hard to blame steinbrenner for running his business correctly...he makes money every year. and lets not forget that the yankees spent lots of money for 15 years and sucked before they got the management situation in place.

I hope the season does NOT end with a strike... I want to see how many games the METS would LOSE this season! Mo Doughboy Vaughn? Jeremy Strikeee 3 Burnitz? Someone should spit in Roberto Alomar's face before the season ends! Yankees forever!

Fact: Mets suck.

Fact: All baseball players are overpaid and crying about it!

Fact: The average family man cannot afford to take a family of 4 to a baseball game without spending at least $300-400.

Decent seats - $45 each

Parking - $10-20

4 sodas - $18

4 hotdogs - $18

4 pretzels - $16

4 souveniers (2 hats and 2 shirts) - $100

The stadiums empty on September 11th: Sad!

If they strike, fuck them! The next time baseball resumes, not a single person should show up for any of the games all season long. The power have the power, not the players. No fans = No revenue. No revenue = No money to pay the players!