Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Review of the DJ Showcase at Roxy

Hi, I got there like 12 25. I heard one song Markus Schulz played, so I couldn't judge him. The next DJ to go on, his name was Joshua Ryan. I never heard of him. All I can tell you, this guy was incredible. He was dropping some amazing house beats for the hour and half he was on. This is definitely a guy to listen to. Then I heard Duane Reed. He was almost as good as Joshua. He played really good house beats and some good dance mixes. Then I heard Scot Bond. I can see why this guy was rated the 38th best DJ. He must have played 6 or 7 incredible trance tunes the 2 hours he was on. Then Edgar V went on. But he was only on for 40 minutes. I guess there weren't enough people to continue. Edgar V definitely plays a different type of trance then Scott Bond. I guess its called banging trance. His music sounded alot like house music. The 40 minutes I heard him, he played some good beats. But I wish I could have heard him longer. I definitely rate Joshua Ryan and Scott Bond as the 2 best DJs this night. Duane King was also really good. It was great meeting all you Clubplanet people for the first time. It was great meeting Bugout, you definitely know your music, Legend38 and bebby6919. I have to say, you two make a great couple. hawaiiguestlis, Roninmess, Bigpoppanils, Karch, trancerxn112, Djqwest. Djqwest, you are one good dancer. Hotcheme, you are also a great dancer. You really have the moves. Finally, great meeting Bob G. You are definitely a cool guy and thanks for the drink. Lastly, Quoth, where the hell were you. I was dying to meet you.

I agree 100% with this review. It was a great night for music. The energy level in that place reached new levels. Dan, great meeting you last night. Boy, did we shoot the shit for like a good hour.

To every CP head that came out. It was great meeting you all. I'm totally fuckin drunk at 11:25 in the morning. Gonna try and hit PS1. Not sure if that's gonna happen but I have every intention.

Bob G thanks for a great night. A true Professional in every sense of the word.

Dan.... you are cool. You do exist.

Originally posted by danwilson

Hi, I got there like 12 25. I heard one song Markus Schulz played, so I couldn't judge him. The next DJ to go on, his name was Joshua Ryan. I never heard of him. All I can tell you, this guy was incredible. He was dropping some amazing house beats for the hour and half he was on. This is definitely a guy to listen to. Then I heard Duane Reed. He was almost as good as Joshua. He played really good house beats and some good dance mixes. Then I heard Scot Bond. I can see why this guy was rated the 38th best DJ. He must have played 6 or 7 incredible trance tunes the 2 hours he was on. Then Edgar V went on. But he was only on for 40 minutes. I guess there weren't enough people to continue. Edgar V definitely plays a different type of trance then Scott Bond. I guess its called banging trance. His music sounded alot like house music. The 40 minutes I heard him, he played some good beats. But I wish I could have heard him longer. I definitely rate Joshua Ryan and Scott Bond as the 2 best DJs this night. Duane King was also really good. It was great meeting all you Clubplanet people for the first time. It was great meeting Bugout, you definitely know your music, Legend38 and bebby6919. I have to say, you two make a great couple. hawaiiguestlis, Roninmess, Bigpoppanils, Karch, trancerxn112, Djqwest. Djqwest, you are one good dancer. Hotcheme, you are also a great dancer. You really have the moves. Finally, great meeting Bob G. You are definitely a cool guy and thanks for the drink. Lastly, Quoth, where the hell were you. I was dying to meet you.

Originally posted by danwilson

Legend38 and bebby6919. I have to say, you two make a great couple.

:D thanx Dan. It was good to finally meet you.. Although you disappeared at the end of the night. Bugout, Larry, Rob, Eric and I were looking for you. Where did you disappear to?

It was great seeing everyone else.. Too many names to list, you all know who you are. Im def not feeling the club scene anymore tho. Besides chillin with everyone and getting to see my babes I dont know why I still go. Well those are the only reasons.. haha...Of course I'll be there next week again. Im curious to see who this DJ Bugout character is.. i guess I'll find out :confused::laugh:

highlight of the night... seeing a guy float outside the club...:laugh:

Guest distort909

Friday night i went to roxy to see scott bond & joshua ryan.

Mr.Bond Is from gatecrasher...

& joshua is from nu life.

Mr.Ryan is the producer of pistal whiped...(the flipside of the original pressing is absolutly one of my favorite tracks in the world)

i must say it was a good night of music........

to bad there was no vibe in the club.

its a shame...the system for a phazon sounded hollow.....I dont think it was even turned on all the way...ggrrr & no one really was dancing....

Im flying threw the crowd playing chase with my friends and acting like a complete loon and dancing my ass off....& people were staring at me like what is she doing.

Highlight of the evening...Mr. Bond played seven cities. I love that fucking track.

It was a pleaseure getting to hang out & meet them all......

Personally I didn't think the music was THAT great last night. I mean I had a fun time and the music was dancable...but nothing that left an impression in my mind. Since I didn't know most of those dj's I had no idea when they changed DJ's really because I didn't know their styles. (Except for Scot Bond which I figured out when it was him when all the good trance started being played.) But to me it seemed like Bond played a lot of older stuff. I think the highlight of the night for me was when he dropped Armin van Buuren feat Ray wilson - yet another day. I wish he would have carried on with new stuff like that. But, I agree it was nice hearing 7 cities....a very good song to dance to when your there with your GF...lots of emotion in that song. I had a good time.....but now I'm just waiting for PVD and Ferry Corsten to be there. Oh, and I agree about the phazon...it didn't seem that loud. It sounded clear...but not very loud.

Edgar V was on for less than an hour???? that sucks. What time did they actually start clearing people out by??? that was one of the main reasons why I didn't want to go to Roxy last night, get there by like 1, leave at 5 or 6...the really need to work on that whole afterhours idea a little harder.

Originally posted by zeeker

Edgar V was on for less than an hour???? that sucks. What time did they actually start clearing people out by??? that was one of the main reasons why I didn't want to go to Roxy last night, get there by like 1, leave at 5 or 6...the really need to work on that whole afterhours idea a little harder.

afterhours is a great idea for roxy however its hard to start up in the middle of the summer... any party is hard to start in the middle of the summer.. also one major reason roxy has no afterhours is that its primarily a drinking crowd... not a drug crowd.. so once the bar closes then the night is coming to an end... i would love to see roxy have afterhours....

Originally posted by hawaiiguestlis

afterhours is a great idea for roxy however its hard to start up in the middle of the summer... any party is hard to start in the middle of the summer.. also one major reason roxy has no afterhours is that its primarily a drinking crowd... not a drug crowd.. so once the bar closes then the night is coming to an end... i would love to see roxy have afterhours....

true, it just sucks that by the time you get there and really start to get into the music and the whole atmosphere it's already time to go. But hey, if roxy does bring in the Tiestos, and the PvDs this fall, thats a step in the right direction.

dan wilson, what can i say bro....... i still am in shock that you are real. Nice chatting with ya and finally meeting you.

The night was pretty good.... Duane Reed played the one song that I needed to hear all night...Energy 52 - Cafe Del Mar (John 00 Flemming Remix). shit banged on the phazon! Got to take pics with Edgar V. Really nice guy, classy dj. Scott bond also came down, but I didnt jump in the pic. Great seeing my normal crew, and pleasure meeting some new faces, dan wilson of course, marulea(sp?) and some others i believe. bobby goodrich, pleasure as always to talk to you, thanx for the drinks.

wow....dan wilson exists, and not only that, but he's one cool mofo--

I thought the music was really good last nite, it just seemed to move a lot, from different genres and styles quickly from one to another, like within a few songs. But it definitely was interesting to hear and i was dancing on the stage for a while with the stage crew and the newest stage crew member, danwilson.

Got there around 1230 and immediately we found dan by the bar. We took some nice group pics which im sure debbie will have soon, we needed photo proof for the rest of the cp world ;)

As far as griping over the sound, i def thought the phazon wasnt on too loud also. Im guessing the roxy staff didnt want to let someone who never used the system before push it like vicious had the week before? Im not sure but u make it sound like it was un-ejoyablable....the place still slammmed....

Def a good showing by the cp crew, bigpoppa, roninmess (throwin flags all nite), legend, debbie, trancer, doubtness, bigart, dolik, KARCH (out of control--who is that crazy guy?), DJ QWESSTTTTT bout to blow like nitroooooo, glad u came up and joined the stage crew for a few...and of course, Dan Wilson. The man knew his music, it didnt matter what genre was on, if he liked a song, he'd lean over and say--this right here is a good beat! Simple-yet effective....we looked for u but couldnt find u when we were leaving.... Bob G thanks for everything once again--wait till next week when im gonna cause u problems, ur gonna need a new roof once im done...:D

What went on outside at the kabob cart was very wierd and pretty hard to explain so if u were there, u know what went on, if not, well...there was a magician and he did some cool stuff. "im not leavin till he floats!!"--

Hope everyone enjoys the cds i brought--Next week u can hear the real deal on the phazon--

Mike Bugout

Originally posted by lasix

joshua ryan the producer???

Yup thats him.

Holy mother of fuck Dan Wilson is real, and he is a cool guy. Nice meetin you Dan, We will post pics for the non beleivers.

What was wrong with the Phazon last night? It sounded like shit if you ask me.

Joshua Ryan - Def enjoyed his set, i would like to hear this guy again.

Duane King - Eh, programming and track selection were off. Not terribly impressed.

Scott Bond - Layed down some decent trance. I really needed to hear some good, live trance. Hi set wasn't terribly enrgetic or impressive, but I enjoyed it.

Nice seein everyone and I met Mareluna. I got pics with Edgar V and Scott Bond. Edgar is a cool guy.

Originally posted by hawaiiguestlis

i was actually thinking the reason its not much an afterhours crowd is 75% of the crowd is under 18...

when pvd spins the place will be mobbed for the duration of his set though.. so if he spins until 6 or 7, its guranteed to be packed wall to wall at close..

First of all i have to say ther is no VIBE in that place yesterdy and the pahazon werent that great either....cloudnt feel the bass...hopefully there will be a better crowd who are into the music there for tiesto, sasha and PVD....but the girls in there are very nice

and what was up with people leaving the club at 4:30?? i was like what the fuck....scott bond was still playing and eveyone is leaving, most people in there werent even dancing...saw many people sitting down and just having a convo

Scott and edgar v were soo good..scott played 7cites and ligaya ....they even came down and took pics with the TAs and got both of them to sing my t-shirt

here is a partial tracklist i got for scott and edgar v:

1. ID

2.Gouryella - ligaya

3.AvB - yet another day

4.ID

5.ID

6. Dj snowman - Then they started to Dance

7.ID

8.ID

9.Solar stone - seven cities (avb)

10. Taiko - rappelkiste

11. ID sound fimiliar

12.Marco V - Atlant 020202

13. ID ---very nice track

14.Thrillseekers - Dreaming of you(?rmx)

15.Dj sammy &__ - heaven ( i dont know why he played this)

16.Plastic Angel - ich bin dein

17. Rank 1 - Awakenings (cosmic gate)

Edgar v.

01.Reloop - Fucking society (? rmx)

02. ID easy id..."stupid dope ___"

03. Dariush - IRA

04. Oliver klein - i like that beat(dj issac)

05. Boca - Play with me(bell __ rmx)

06. Space fro ft grim reaper - follow me

07. Blank and jones - All ove the world( Issac rmx

08. Cosmic Gate - truth(Issac rmx)

09. Tuneboy - from my house? (screaming bitch rmx)

i wish they'd have tracklists like these more available, so the crowd isn't so clueless. It's good advertisement for the artists too

here is a partial tracklist i got for scott and edgar v:

1. ID

2.Gouryella - ligaya

3.AvB - yet another day

4.ID

5.ID

6. Dj snowman - Then they started to Dance

7.ID

8.ID

9.Solar stone - seven cities (avb)

10. Taiko - rappelkiste

11. ID sound fimiliar

12.Marco V - Atlant 020202

13. ID ---very nice track

14.Thrillseekers - Dreaming of you(?rmx)

15.Dj sammy &__ - heaven ( i dont know why he played this)

16.Plastic Angel - ich bin dein

17. Rank 1 - Awakenings (cosmic gate)

Edgar v.

01.Reloop - Fucking society (? rmx)

02. ID easy id..."stupid dope ___"

03. Dariush - IRA

04. Oliver klein - i like that beat(dj issac)

05. Boca - Play with me(bell __ rmx)

06. Space fro ft grim reaper - follow me

07. Blank and jones - All ove the world( Ivac rmx

08. Cosmic Gate - truth(Ivac rmx)

09. Tuneboy - from my house? (screaming bitch rmx)

WHAT CAN I SAY...IT IS A TOUGH NIGHT TO DESCRIBE.....THE CROWD WAS A LITTLE DIFFERENT THEN NORMAL...ALOT OF DIFFERENT TYPES OF PEOPLE.....THE MUSIC.....THE MUSIC WAS GOOD BUT I THOUGH THE PHAZON WAS ONH ALL THE WAY ..I NEEDED TO HEAR MORE BASS...THE GIRLS WERE HOT AS USUAL....BUT ALL IN ALL I THOUGHT THE NIGHT WAS GOOD BC IT WAS A CHANGE OF STYLE FOR ME...PERSONALLY I LIKE ROXY MORE WHEN THE ROOF COMES OFF BUT WATEVE IT WAS OK.....I LOOK FOWARD TO NEXT FRI WHEN BUGOUT GETS HIS CHANCE TO BLOW OF THE ROOF.....