Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Review of the DJ Showcase at Roxy

yea... the night was just great, even tho half of cp accused me of starting to juice up... and i got kicked out TWICE for nothing!

me and my friend were on the balcony and somebody around there was taking a bump,and a bouncer comes up (i thought they werent allowed to come up there???) so the bouncer takes the kid and the 4 closest ppl to him and it just happened to be me and my friend. we thought we were gonna get searched, they find nothing, and let us go... but thefucken guy kicks us out without a search and no xplanation. so once we get out, we just come back in cuz my friend knows the person at the ropes but just as we walk back into the club the same bouncer who kicked us out before sees us and kicks us out again. so then we had to talk to the manager outside for 30 minutes til he let us back in cuz he thought it was unfair.

and i still think trance sux

and it was nice meeting djqwest who was wasted off his ass last night, at the end of the night coming up to me and saying sumtin...

Originally posted by djmikebugout

Hope everyone enjoys the cds i brought--Next week u can hear the real deal on the phazon--

Mike Bugout

You already know how i feel about the intro... terrible... vile... evil... how can you tease people with a taste of Svenson and Gielen and then launch into Vocals... i was on the verge of tears... it was like torture by the rack... the pain of 1000 needles piercing ur skin simultaneously... need i say more... if you do that again Mike i wont be afraid to beat you with a plasmic honey vinyl!

Larry, I went to the middle of the dance floor and was checking out these Asian dancers. I'll tell you, these Asians really know how to dance. Then I went back to the stage 20 minutes later and I guess you all left. Zeeker, people started leaving at 4 30 am. dreamdrops thanks for listing these songs Bond played. I wish i would have known where you were. There was this one Scott Bond song I definitely wanted to know the name of. I was talking to Bugout about it. It might be a new song. But it was amazing. I thought the music was a good mix of songs. Ryan and King played mainly house with a few dance mixes. Scott Bond played 100 percent trance. Lasix, yes you got to hear Joshua Ryan. I thought he was great. I thought he played some awesome house beats. max3 it was great meeting you to.

people were leaving at 4:30????? jesus. they really need to work on keeping people later. it's just not worth it to be there for like 4 hours. I understand the whole drinking atmosphere compared to the more drug-oriented clubs position, and how it affects what time the place clears out, but 4:30 is just way to early for me to be ending a night. Again, it is still summer. Hopefully the fall will be a different story.

Updated tracklist for bond

1. ID

2.Gouryella - ligaya

3.AvB - yet another day

4.Matanka - Lost In A Dream (Push Remix)

5.ID

6. Dj snowman - Then they started to Dance

7.ID

8.ID

9.Solar stone - seven cities (avb)

10. Taiko - rappelkiste

11. Warrior - Drama

12.Marco V - Atlant 020202

13. Marco V - Indicator

14.Thrillseekers - Dreaming of you(?rmx)

15.Dj sammy &__ - heaven

16.Plastic Angel - ich bin dein

17. Rank 1 - Awakenings (cosmic gate)

scott bond played dj sammy heaven. omg what are u people talking about. is that what u consider good music. that is the cheesiet song ever i hate that song. i aint ever goign back to roxy people say it's good but they still playing shit music.

overall, the music was tight. i can't believe people will show up for a dj showcase and not even know who the hell the DJs were. i believe that's partly the reason why clubs don't have a vibe-- they have no clue who's spinning!

the crowd.. the same complaint i always have. i feel like an old fuck at 22 years old. they REALLY need to make this club 21+. it's the young ones that clear this club out at 4 am. it also deters an older crowd from checking it out-- my friends (all 21-25 y/o) didn't want to come b/c roxy fridays are known as a kiddie playground.

in addition, i CANNOT WAIT FOR YOU FUCKERS TO COMPLAIN ABOUT THE ASIAN POPULATION at roxy too. motherfuckers, we can party just as hard as you guys, around 5 am all i saw were ravers and asians.. cant hold up being 17 years old, huh? :eek: i didn't walk around too much, i was busy playin with stixx by the back leather couches.. :cool:

the music.. a good mix for all tastes. i remember hearing scot project's "thunder in paradise" (yes, an "ex-shit" anthem), breakbeatz around 4 am, trance from '99 around 3 am, some disco-filtered house beats from scott bond, and everything in between. i'm glad that there was a good change up of music.

the sound.. def needs some tweaking. my ears were ringing/muffled for all of the next day.

the security.. wtf, my boyfriend couldn't escape the "special patdown" they have for asians. he got patted down once at the metal detector, then got pulled again a few feet ahead for another hardcore patdown. this security guard let everyone pass but asians. i have to admit, i'm sure some asians out there really ruined it for the rest of us; it sux but we have been dealing since never returning back to ex-shit.

roxy-- it's going to be the shit when PvD arrives.. you roxy heads better watch out when us twilo heads take over.. ;) i felt the presence on friday night...

Originally posted by kitty19

the security.. wtf, my boyfriend couldn't escape the "special patdown" they have for asians. he got patted down once at the metal detector, then got pulled again a few feet ahead for another hardcore patdown. this security guard let everyone pass but asians. i have to admit, i'm sure some asians out there really ruined it for the rest of us; it sux but we have been dealing since never returning back to ex-shit.

Well, I have asian in my bkground, and I have yet to experience that special "special asian patdown":confused:

i really had an excellent night friday. i was expecting to feel like crap all night but i saw a bunch of great ppl there and my friends spinning in the back room really picked up my night.

dreamdrops - great to see you there with your sharpie! ;) i agree that the sound sucks and hope they work on that for when pvd goes there.

danwilson - great to meet you! i love that big smile on your face! next time i see you and dreamdrops out i'll introduce you. although i have to agree with everyone else - i am still in shock that you are real...

djqwest - thanks for the caffeine - i couldn't have made it through the night without you.

hope everyone had a good time. :)

Glad I could help :aright:

Originally posted by hotcheme

i really had an excellent night friday. i was expecting to feel like crap all night but i saw a bunch of great ppl there and my friends spinning in the back room really picked up my night.

dreamdrops - great to see you there with your sharpie! ;) i agree that the sound sucks and hope they work on that for when pvd goes there.

danwilson - great to meet you! i love that big smile on your face! next time i see you and dreamdrops out i'll introduce you. although i have to agree with everyone else - i am still in shock that you are real...

djqwest - thanks for the caffeine - i couldn't have made it through the night without you.

hope everyone had a good time. :)

Originally posted by danwilson

dreamdrops, who are the best DJs you heard.

I am very biased..because i am a bxr Addict...so mauro picotto for sure, plus when i saw him for the first tiem he and his manager came and talked to me took pics with me and signed my records and played my requests

then comes ferry, armin and johan....if PvD played harder/faster sets then i would really love him but when he comes to the states he starts off slow and then goes hard...it very boring and tiesto just sucks...very very boring...playing very old techno tracks and mxing isnt that great

Originally posted by bsb2002

do it quick, they've gone monthly and may die altogether. Their monthly London nights are very successful though -Mauro played one.

mauro has a contract with crasher to play 6 6hr sets he has done 3 and 3 more to come...so i will still catch him otherwise i go to ITALY