Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Quoth Went To SF Last Night For The 1st Time (no Joke).

quoth

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by danwilson

Question for people. Why is SF dead on Friday. Let me put it like this. Suppose they moved JP to Friday. Would people then go to SF on Friday.

Friday needs a dj that can draw a crowd as jp can draw such a crowd for saturdays but then again who wants to be in a club friday and saturday its just stupid thats why i would hate if i see danny t moving to factory on fridays u would basically b living there on yer wknd

sg

...it would never happen.....friday has too much of a hit crowd....yes ....of course if by some chance jp ever did friday's....he would draw 'his' crowd.......but the friday crowd would still linger....whether or not to hear jp..or simply because it's fri and they can get into the club......

Originally posted by t3chmuzik

I lOVe WHEN peoPle Type LiKE thIS ITs soOOOo COoL :D

sg

Got to admit - cant help but read the post like that. Otherwise your brain just starts hurting.

Regarding SF - The only reason I stopped going to SF is because it got boring for a while. Going there almost every weekend, seeing the same people, getting wasted and high, same beats from JP, I needed a change. Last time I been there was about 1.5 years ago. I think its time I went there again. I love chilling on the 4th floor. Just sitting there on the edge of the dance floor or dancing in the circe downstairs to the sounds of DJ Cleaveland

Originally posted by tottallyoff

Regarding SF - The only reason I stopped going to SF is because it got boring for a while. Going there almost every weekend, seeing the same people, getting wasted and high, same beats from JP, I needed a change. Last time I been there was about 1.5 years ago. I think its time I went there again. I love chilling on the 4th floor. Just sitting there on the edge of the dance floor or dancing in the circe downstairs to the sounds of DJ Cleaveland

...try going sober.......:D

....but i agree....not many people from back in the day still go out every weekend.....it's just not the same......there was a time when u could do that and never get bored of the place....

Originally posted by jpfactorygrl

aNd He OwEs It To Us ThIs WeEkEnD, aFtEr ThAt BuLlShIt ClOsInG oN sUnDaY....kIcKeD uS fAwKeRs OuT iNtO tHe RaIn

He does owe us this weekend with that tease of GTI he finished off with. Atleast finish us off with a song we could have danced to.

Originally posted by magilicuti

I am gonna go over there and meet highmay. If he repeats what he said on this thread to my face I'm gonna bitch slap him. He can then walk away like the little bitch he is or do something stupid like open his mouth again.

:laugh2:

Originally posted by magilicuti

He does owe us this weekend with that tease of GTI he finished off with. Atleast finish us off with a song we could have danced to.

SeRiOuSlY tHoUgH....i DoNt GeT iT tHeRe WaS sUcH a GoOd CrOwD/vIbE tHeRe ThIs WeEkEnD..aNd So MaNy PpL tHeRe @ CloSiNg...WoUlD iT rEaLlY hAvE hUrT tO pLaY gTi????? ThAt WoUlD hAvE bEeN a SiCk EnDiNg At LeAsT!!!! aNd So EaRlY!!!! i FiNaLlY uNdErStOoD lAtE sUn NiGhT aFtEr I dEcRaCkTiFiEd ThAt He WeNt To VeGaS bUt CoMe On NoW!!! aNd He ShOuLd Do LiKe A lAsT cAlL fOr BuMpS aNd PiLlS lIkE hOuR oR tWo B4 cLoSiNg So ThErE aReNt SoOoOoO mAnY zOmBiEs LeAvInG!!! hE mUsT lOvE wAtChInG pPl DrOp PiLlZ lIkE 5 mIn B4 hE kNoWs He Is GoNnA cLoSe!!!!!!!!! LoL.......oK eNoUgH fOr Now :D

Originally posted by jpfactorygrl

AHHHHH I sErIoUsly LOVE ReAdInG pOsTs LiKe ThIs!!!! I aM @ SF EVERY SuNdaY (w/ HaWaIi, He KnOwS.hEhE)

bUt SeRiOuSlY..I LOVE wHeN nEw PpL gO tHeRe, AnD fEeL tHe WaY tAaT u Do..I mEaN hOw CoUlD yOu NoT!?!?..fOr PpL tHaT rEaLly HATE oN SF..cAn'T cHaNgE uR mInD, wHaTeVeR..pPl HaVe ThEiR oPiNiOnS...jUsT lIkE yEaH, I lIkeE dRaPeR bUt I HATE eXiT....

aNyWaY tHoUgH, tHe ViBe AnD jUsT eVeRyThInG aBoUt SF Is So AmAzInG aNd ReAlLy CaN't Be ExPlAiNeD, uNlEsS yOu Go!!!!! i MeAn, SoMeThIn AbOuT iT mUsT bE gOoD aBoUt It ThAt I hAvE tHiS sIcK aDdIcTiOn AnD gO tHeRe EvErY wEeKeNd!!!!!!

JuSt EvErYtHiNg YoU sAiD iS sO tRuE, aNd So MuCh MoRe, DaMn It, WhY iS iT tUeSdAy??? I wAnNa Go NoW!!!!! aNd He OwEs It To Us ThIs WeEkEnD, aFtEr ThAt BuLlShIt ClOsInG oN sUnDaY....kIcKeD uS fAwKeRs OuT iNtO tHe RaIn!!!(aNd I SwEaR tO aNyOnE tHaT wAs ThErE tHaT wAs NoT MEEE sItTiN oN tHe StEpS aFtEr It ClOsEd...LoL)

AnYwAy, I dOn'T kNoW wHaT eLsE tO sAy~AnYoNe ThAt'S nEvEr BeEn...Go!!!!! aNd W/iDs AnD sHiT, i Am OnLy 20 ToO aNd I uSuAlLy UsE mY oWn Id...DePeNdS iF pArIs Is At ThE dOoR wHeN u GeT tHeRe AnD iF sHe LiKeS yA i GuEsS....i HaVe BeEn GoIn FoR lIkE 4 yEaRs NoW, sO sHe KnOwS fAmIlIaR fAcEs AnD lEtS pPl In 18+ SoMeTiMeS, i GuEsS tO pLaY iT sAfE tHoUgH, iF u WoRrIed...SeRiOuSlY....gEt ANYONES iD tHaT kInDa LoOkS lIkE yOu... DeF nOt StRiCt At AlL, eSpEcIaLlY iF yOu A gIrL...i HaVe NeVeR sEeN eM tUrN a GuRl DoNe...Ok...EnOuGh TaLk AbOuT SF bEfOrE i Go CrAzY!!!!!!!!!

I'm sorry...what did you just say?

[Vinylhead Speech]

Perhaps you factory creatures are just misunderstood... or i've met the poorest examples of you.

You tend to dress up, which makes the old-skool househeads like myself think "ugh"... only because we've seen what expensive handbags and armani exchange mean when crowds flood my venue :cry: Vinyl.

So don't take it personally when we hate. We've had something very close to us invaded and tainted by "outsiders", so we're very bitter. We see you having such a fun time all dressed up and whatnot and we think "fuck it they're just like the rest of them, they don't give a fuck about anyone just themselves."

A few i've met have confirmed the "i think i'm higher than you" theory. Perhaps i've just met the bad apples of the bunch...

If you have something that you cherish, such as the factory, then by all means enjoy it and don't let anyone stain your good time with bad vibes. You factory heads are very different creatures from Vinyl gremlins like myself. Perhaps if we understood that us two are not bad crowds, maybe NYC might have a more cohesive scene...

but in the end, it all boils down to one thing... not jealousy, but some bitter resentment.

And that resentment is that you still enjoy your party, while our party has been essentially gutted of everything it was, and changed into something else entirely, yet still marketed as the "same thing." It isn't.

So don't take our hating and rants to heart. Guido or no guido, guidette or no guidette, plainclothes or fashion model... if you do it for the vibe and for the love of it all... you are my family, regardless of where you choose to party.

And always educate... don't hate... otherwise we'll all never make a difference.

[/Vinylhead speech]

Originally posted by cintron

[Vinylhead Speech]

Perhaps you factory creatures are just misunderstood... or i've met the poorest examples of you.

You tend to dress up, which makes the old-skool househeads like myself think "ugh"... only because we've seen what expensive handbags and armani exchange mean when crowds flood my venue :cry: Vinyl.

So don't take it personally when we hate. We've had something very close to us invaded and tainted by "outsiders", so we're very bitter. We see you having such a fun time all dressed up and whatnot and we think "fuck it they're just like the rest of them, they don't give a fuck about anyone just themselves."

A few i've met have confirmed the "i think i'm higher than you" theory. Perhaps i've just met the bad apples of the bunch...

If you have something that you cherish, such as the factory, then by all means enjoy it and don't let anyone stain your good time with bad vibes. You factory heads are very different creatures from Vinyl gremlins like myself. Perhaps if we understood that us two are not bad crowds, maybe NYC might have a more cohesive scene...

but in the end, it all boils down to one thing... not jealousy, but some bitter resentment.

And that resentment is that you still enjoy your party, while our party has been essentially gutted of everything it was, and changed into something else entirely, yet still marketed as the "same thing." It isn't.

So don't take our hating and rants to heart. Guido or no guido, guidette or no guidette, plainclothes or fashion model... if you do it for the vibe and for the love of it all... you are my family, regardless of where you choose to party.

And always educate... don't hate... otherwise we'll all never make a difference.

[/Vinylhead speech]

oh please:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

[Vinylhead Speech]

[/Vinylhead speech]

I said it a million times but I'll say it again: Go to SoundFactory during the closing hours. Most of the "factoryheads" as you call them (I call 'em rookies) leave around 10ish. Granted SF does have its stereotypical crowd, but the real fun is around 11am - closing. You'd be suprised how many people that go to Vinyl for DT end up going to hear JP on a Sunday morning. :D

[Vinylhead Speech]

[/Vinylhead speech]

oh god. these are clubs we're talking about, not abortion or world hunger, so you can get off your soapbox now. if you can't have a good time because u can't stand what other people are wearing, or don't like juiceheads, or silicone bimbos, that's YOUR problem. do u hear any of the "well-dressed" crowd complaining about poorly dressed schleps ruining their good time??? i thought not.

expensive handbags???? :laugh: WTF are you talking about??? u have this image of sf as a glam club and it is sooooooooooooooo not. there's practically no dress code there these days. it's far from an upscale club. pangaea is upscale, and when i go there i dress accordingly; sf is NOT, when i go to sf, i pick the first thing i see in my closet lol. as far as "our" crowd having a bad attitude, it seems the pot is calling the kettle black. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by asianvixen

oh god. these are clubs we're talking about, not abortion or world hunger, so you can get off your soapbox now. if you can't have a good time because u can't stand what other people are wearing, or don't like juiceheads, or silicone bimbos, that's YOUR problem. do u hear any of the "well-dressed" crowd complaining about poorly dressed schleps ruining their good time??? i thought not.

expensive handbags???? :laugh: WTF are you talking about??? u have this image of sf as a glam club and it is sooooooooooooooo not. there's practically no dress code there these days. it's far from an upscale club. pangaea is upscale, and when i go there i dress accordingly; sf is NOT, when i go to sf, i pick the first thing i see in my closet lol. as far as "our" crowd having a bad attitude, it seems the pot is calling the kettle black. :rolleyes:

OMG thank you :laugh: .. Cintron, you need to chill with being so darn dramatic about this. First of all it's not even like you are saying. And you shouldn't be making an SF vs. Vinyl thing. I personally enjoy both clubs . There is somethinng wrong with what *you* are bringing into the atmosphere of any club if you are looking around and judging people by their bags and what they are wearing. *YOU* the so called Vinylhead are the one thats talking about this kind of crap. hey i thought you preach its all about the music? Then what are you doing complaining and for that matter even paying attention so much to the handbags people are carrying?:blown: :blown:

this shit is ridiculous...u mention SF in one thread and the haters come out to feast...im not gona deny it..ive hated and made fun of the SF crowd...but ive been makin fun of guido's and guidettes before i knew what a Sound Factory was....i just think some of u ppl take some of this shit out of proportion...btw..NICE JOB IN FUCKING UP A HALFWAY DECENT THREAD

Originally posted by asianvixen

:

do you honestly believe that if droves of ravers started invading factory on saturday nite that people wouldn't bitch?

obviously nobody got my point. I'm not dissing SF. I'm simply stating that for a while I didn't understand a lot of the crowd there and took them for some other kind of people.

it is NOT a SF vs. Vinyl comparison. It was actually a long-winded admission that i misunderstood the crowd, and that i admit now that they're not like i thought...

but since obviously some people aren't intelligent or respectful enough to read an essay and extract meaning from it, before flaming my ass, then ok, I retract what i said as it applies to those individuals. If you aren't as spiritual as others about dancing, life and whatever, that's fine... but just because someone takes these things deeper than you doesn't mean you should shit all over their sense of things. Try a little respect and understanding. It might get you somewhere. Got that, Asianvixen, Girly, t3chmuzik and Ghhhhhost?

obviously nobody got my point. I'm not dissing SF. I'm simply stating that for a while I didn't understand a lot of the crowd there and took them for some other kind of people.

it is NOT a SF vs. Vinyl comparison. It was actually a long-winded compliment that the SF crowd isn't that bad...

but since obviously nobody understood that AND got on their high horses to flame me, then ok, i retract everything I said.

If you aren't as spiritual as others about dancing, life and whatever, that's fine... but just because someone takes these things deeper than you doesn't mean you should shit all over their sense of things. Try a little respect and understanding. It might get you somewhere. Got that, Asianvixen, Girly, t3chmuzik and Ghhhhhost?

People that try to look nice when they go out and maybe own a Armani handbag bring such a horrible vibe into Vinyl right? So what do you think that *you* contribute to any vibe in a club. I mean it seems you are extremely judgemental about people and what they wear, what kind of handbags they carry and so on. Like someone else said you are the pot calling the kettle black. For some reason when i go out to a club i like *people* in general. i don't care what they are wearing and i like a variety of different people. You seem to claim that a certain people, preferably ones with armani handbags and that dress nice bring a certain vibe. So again i ask this question. What do you think you contribute?

I dont care what people are wearing. I dont care who they are, what color they are or what have you. The ones who i HAVE had horrible experiences with, have ALL fit that stereotype.

You can argue all you want, but you aren't me and you haven't been through the same thing, from what it sounds.

I enjoy music for the sake of music, not to go somewhere to make a social statement and i don't care to stand on a pedestal and damn others unless they've done it to me first.

nag me all you want about who you think i am, but i remind you that you DON"T know anything about me, so i'd be careful of what you assert.

and i ask, who are you to be asking me what i contribute to a party and a vibe?

look in the mirror, honey.